Discuss Scratch

Giz1062
Scratcher
3 posts

Remixing scratch projects. Giz1062

There must be something about remixing projects on scratch that I don't understand. Many Remix pictures on scratch like the cat ones seem to good to be done simply on scratch or maybe I have a lack of skill in remix pictures. Do scratchers take the the picture they want to remix and transfer it to a powerpoint or some other link? How do they make the really awesome backgrounds and the shades of color that are not found in the regular scratch colors? Someone inform me on how to make a better remix to compete with all the other remixes. Please.
Thank you :-)
Techno-CAT
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Do you mean how to get backround that are not from Scratch?

See what people have created by clicking here.
Giz1062
Scratcher
3 posts

No. I'm asking if remixes are done on scratch or if the picture someone is going to remix is put on another program or web sight to work on.
KingOfAwesome58219
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Lots of people like me use external programs such as Inkscape to get colors, designs, and fonts that you can't access here on scratch.

But I don't see how this ties into remixing…?

Last edited by KingOfAwesome58219 (Oct. 1, 2014 18:22:09)

Shiverberry
Scratcher
100+ posts

Your post is a tad confusing, but I can answer your question about the colours.

When you make a new Scratch project (or remix one) if you go into the Costumes of the sprite/backdrop you will see coloured squares at the bottom of where you can draw. These are Scratch's preset colours. There should be a bigger box next to these colours. Click on it to choose your own custom colour.

~Shiverberry~ <3

Save time ~ don't think twice.

Bring Back Awesome Face (BBAF): http://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/67490/?page=1#post-572862