Discuss Scratch

Dawn-Bellastrom
Scratcher
63 posts

SWOW Manager Forum and Stuff

That's probably the best option… I don't know what else we can do…
Unity_and_Cq
Scratcher
500+ posts

Until Jori comes back on, I will publish a QOTD in comments daily to try and maintain activity.

If you have any QOTD ideas, please send them!

Last edited by Unity_and_Cq (March 29, 2024 12:26:52)

^-^::#ff70d2 cap

Probably analyzing a book or something.
Dawn-Bellastrom
Scratcher
63 posts

So um…
Updates, anyone?
PoppyWriter
Scratcher
500+ posts

Nope

It is a truth universally acknowledged that a girl who has a lot of books and too little bookshelf space must be in want of… more books.
Unity_and_Cq
Scratcher
500+ posts

Nothing

JollofRice123
Scratcher
500+ posts

Sorry for the sudden disappearance (again)
And also, I'm not back — I'll be disappearing again :(

Hi guys — sorry that's it's been so long without word or explanation from me. A bunch of irl stuff started happening a few months back (I don't really want to go into detail) and making sure SWOW was still being managed completely slipped my mind

I've switched the studio host to @Unity_and_Cq for now, just so you guys have access to the description again. You can change the host or finish finalizing that host rotation schedule we were talking about ages ago /⁠ᐠ⁠。⁠ꞈ⁠。⁠ᐟ⁠\

In any case, I probably won't be back long-term. Even despite everything, I've had less time for Scratch in general since last year so this probably was going to happen sooner or later, and somehow just ended up happening sooner. I might be around occasionally, but I don't think I'll be online often enough to be leading SWOW management (exhibit a: the past month or so )

Sorry again! Thanks for being such a great team, guys ʕ⁠´⁠•⁠ᴥ⁠•⁠`⁠ʔ
All the best to all of you (⁠◍⁠•⁠ᴗ⁠•⁠◍⁠)♡

- Jori
PoppyWriter
Scratcher
500+ posts

Thanks so much for updating that!

We love you Jori!! <33

It is a truth universally acknowledged that a girl who has a lot of books and too little bookshelf space must be in want of… more books.
Unity_and_Cq
Scratcher
500+ posts

Not expecting that but okay!

I updated the QOTD, POTM, and AOTW (QOTD and AOTW are ones from 2021).
While it is great we get to increase activity, there are a few things to consider:

Host Rotation
I am able to do it for as long as we may need but if anyone is able to do it, please just reply and we can make a list.

Activites
It has been a while since we have had a studio run activity. I was thinking we could finally get around to do the writing exchange but feel free to share your thoughts.

Activity
I can't be the only one noticing a lot less activity on SWOW recently (granted, there wasn't QOTD or AOTW to answer). If we do have an activity such as a writing exchange, I think we can have new members as well as increasing engagement. Thoughts?

PoppyWriter
Scratcher
500+ posts

I’m available for rotations! ^^

I love the idea of the writing exchange- I can compile our old ideas soon (probably after school ^^’)

I think that starting the activities again will definitely help with engagement, but maybe also promoting in our profiles too? Just a thought…

Dawn-Bellastrom
Scratcher
63 posts

I probably won't be available for rotations for the next few weeks, but I'll do what I can behind the scenes
lukee339
Scratcher
12 posts

chocolatefrogs13
Scratcher
98 posts

I'm not available for rotation any time soon, but I don't mind helping with the POTM, AOTW and QOTD. The writing exchange sounds great, roughly when will we start? I'm sure the writing exchange will spark some activity, but even if it doesn't, there's no harm in trying. We could perhaps spread the word that we will be able to do more things? I'm not exactly sure what to do, but I'll gladly help.

Hi! You can call me Ada. I love reading and writing. I've been playing piano for 8 years (but I'm not very good at it). My best subjects are Maths, Drama, Art and English.

Book(s) I'm currently reading:
Saffiyah's War - Hiba Noor Khan
Glass Sword - Victoria Aveyard

Songs that I currently love:
She - dodie
Ex-Wives - SIX

“Don't cry when the sun is gone, because your tears won't let you see the stars,” - Violeta Parra, Musician, 1917-1967
lukee339
Scratcher
12 posts

Go to @Griffpatch
PoppyWriter
Scratcher
500+ posts

Writing Exchange

This is just a quick compilation of all the ideas we'e gotten for the exchange so far-

Carmen wrote:
Maybe we could make it “New Hope” themed?

Derp wrote:
But to summarize, the general idea was to set up something where the writers can, as the name implies, exchange their writing with each other. I believe we also had wanted to add an element of critique to it as well, so the writers can get feedback, but we never really decided exactly how we'd go about doing that (there were around 3 similar ideas floating around, and we never settled on one).

Poppy wrote:
I think maybe, if we do it, we could have the critique element be sort of optional? Like in the sign-up form, the members could say whether or not they'd like critique on their story. Just an idea, since I know not all writers are comfortable with getting feedback, especially if their story is in an early stage.

Jori wrote:
Another thing about that part which just came to mind — will participants exchange writing with several other people, or just one?

(note about the above quote: both Derp and I mentioned earlier that it may be easier to just do one pair instead of multiple people, but if we're feeling ambitious now that it's been a few months, just say! We are still getting back on our feet but it just depends on what you guys are up for <3)

And that's pretty much it! Most of our other ideas were revolving around the general timing of it, so everything from that standpoint is kinda out the window considering that we've been off for a bit. Any thoughts on timing, critique element, organization, promotion, etc.?

Last edited by PoppyWriter (May 12, 2024 01:01:25)

lukee339
Scratcher
12 posts

nice
Unity_and_Cq
Scratcher
500+ posts

I just thought you all should know but for some reason the studio description has been unable to update for two days now. I've tried but it always says “Something went wrong updating the studio.” and never updates. Sorry <3

PoppyWriter
Scratcher
500+ posts

Oh gosh… maybe we can try a couple more times, and if that doesn’t work, we can contact the ST about it?

Unity_and_Cq
Scratcher
500+ posts

It fixed itself.