Discuss Scratch

xlk
Scratcher
100+ posts

TcX ~ Excellence in Innovation

I might be able to make more this weekend, but I do have a contest I'm entering, and am not too good at digital art…
I'll see what I can do. For the time being thought, any ideas for BGs?

tcodina
Scratcher
500+ posts

cobraguy wrote:

tcodina wrote:

For the wiki writers:

-Write articles about the commands, people and things used on TcX. Do not remix the project, do another one and i'll add it in the alphas, because this would be a lot of more work. Preferency (6/10)

By “Do not remix the project, do another one” do you mean to make a new project? If so, how would I do that? Just make a list and have the add blocks with the articles in them?

Just write it in a project, just with the text tool, and i'll add it to the newer versions. And if it's possible, in the project notes, for easy coping and pasting.

tcodina
Scratcher
500+ posts

xlk wrote:

I might be able to make more this weekend, but I do have a contest I'm entering, and am not too good at digital art…
I'll see what I can do. For the time being thought, any ideas for BGs?

Maybe a desert, a forest, a lake… If you want you can also add some of our games or animations, that would be cool! For example, from your project “Space-ish is cool”, you could add the back and some space ships (I know that this is not a good example, just a blank screen with some white dots…) to the sprite gallery. Do this. If you have time, just try to make a background of “Sky Ducks: The game”. Don't use the line tool, do it hand-drawn because it will be more artistic. Also add the duck to the sprite gallery (I'm sorry, but I cannot help you with this like I do with coding, I'm not good with drawing…).

BTW: Do you have a tablet? I do! The bad thing it's that in Scratch's paint editor is difficult to use. I usually make the drawings with the mouse, in Scratch, but sometimes, I open Adobe Flash or Photoshop and I draw it there. I think that I'm good with little pixel art. Like the duck in my logo (Update ~ No longer the ducky logo ).

Last edited by tcodina (June 9, 2014 16:49:47)

tcodina
Scratcher
500+ posts

Why do I always have to finish a reply in the forums with a happy face?

Last edited by tcodina (June 9, 2014 16:50:19)

xlk
Scratcher
100+ posts

No, I don't have a tablet, just patiently use my mouse on GIMP. I don't have a precisely large database of drawings, so most of them I'll have to make specifically for this project.As for the duck, in what style would you like it? I'm pretty good at pixel art if need be…

fushega
Scratcher
15 posts

fushega category: programming and idea how active: 7-10 (depending on homework)
fushega
Scratcher
15 posts

I wish to add repeats, forevers, and allow more than one usage of a function and still have it work. I also wish to add cloning when you add sprite, so it could ask, “For which sprite?”
cobraguy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

fushega wrote:

I wish to add repeats, forevers, and allow more than one usage of a function and still have it work. I also wish to add cloning when you add sprite, so it could ask, “For which sprite?”
I've tested, and I can use a function more than once and still have it work. http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/10271860/

Last edited by cobraguy (May 23, 2013 01:24:22)

tcodina
Scratcher
500+ posts

xlk wrote:

No, I don't have a tablet, just patiently use my mouse on GIMP. I don't have a precisely large database of drawings, so most of them I'll have to make specifically for this project.As for the duck, in what style would you like it? I'm pretty good at pixel art if need be…

Just make it with your style, or, if you want, just take the duck just exporting it.

tcodina
Scratcher
500+ posts

fushega wrote:

fushega category: programming and idea how active: 7-10 (depending on homework)

Thanks, I'll add you.

Last edited by tcodina (June 9, 2014 16:50:58)

cobraguy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I need the 3.0 alpha version before I can do any more scripting. I need to see what you have added, and/or changed in the code.
cobraguy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Got a few wikis added in the project notes. http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/10271860/

Last edited by cobraguy (May 23, 2013 15:29:35)

Spyderblade
Scratcher
100+ posts

Name: Pie
Member category (See the categories available below or suggest a new one): Programming (and design?)
How active will you be?(From 0 to 10): 8

“I was determined to know beans.” ~ Henry David Thoreau, Walden
tcodina
Scratcher
500+ posts

Spyderblade wrote:

Name: Pie
Member category (See the categories available below or suggest a new one): Programming (and design?)
How active will you be?(From 0 to 10): 8

Great! (Name: Pie) <——I'll use this name to call you!

tcodina
Scratcher
500+ posts

cobraguy wrote:

Got a few wikis added in the project notes. http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/10271860/

I'll add them!

Salva1229
Scratcher
17 posts

I am not sure how to work on the project, could you explain i might join. I only recently joined scratch but i have had other experiences in programming
tcodina
Scratcher
500+ posts

Salva1229 wrote:

I am not sure how to work on the project, could you explain i might join. I only recently joined scratch but i have had other experiences in programming

This project we are making is a programming language made using Scratch. To make new versions, just remix (Doing See inside and remix on the link in the first post) and add something like art, code, music… Depending in what are you working. Hope you understand. If not, just tell me and i'll try to explain in another way.

Aqibaslam123
Scratcher
53 posts

I want to join!

Name: Aqib Aslam.

Member Category: Programming

How active will I be: 6

tcodina
Scratcher
500+ posts