Discuss Scratch

captain_technology
Scratcher
500+ posts

Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? Scratch Edition! ~ We NEED Animators, Artists, Developers, and Coders!

THECODEWARRIORS wrote:

ComputerCole wrote:

Script 1

(Name the OC, whatever you want, this is for @captain_technology and @Tycho112

@captain_technology (OC) - Hello everyone! Welcome to Who (short pause) Wants (short pause) To Be (short pause) A Millionaire, Scratch Edition!

Today we'll be welcoming another contestant to our stage! Please welcome… (we're not saying anything because in the text engine it will say the username of the user playing)

Today, our contestant will have to answer a series of questions while earning cash (say this fast and quietly: note this is not real cash). As the questions add up, you could get to the million. Do you think our contestant could get to the million? Let's find out.

For 100 dollars, who is the Scratch mascot?

(Feel free to add jokes and stuff if you want. If you need someone to voice act with you, contact me or @ToastersUnited. Also, are you bilingual?
Well I know hindi, a bit of french, very little sanskrit and fluent english
I mainly only know english and hindi
Me too! I know fluent hindi, english and french
crispyapple
Scratcher
500+ posts

Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? Scratch Edition! ~ We NEED Animators, Artists, Developers, and Coders!

captain_technology wrote:

THECODEWARRIORS wrote:

ComputerCole wrote:

Script 1

@captain_technology (OC) - Hello everyone! Welcome to Who (short pause) Wants (short pause) To Be (short pause) A Millionaire, Scratch Edition!

Today we'll be welcoming another contestant to our stage! Please welcome… (we're not saying anything because in the text engine it will say the username of the user playing)

Today, our contestant will have to answer a series of questions while earning cash (say this fast and quietly: note this is not real cash). As the questions add up, you could get to the million. Do you think our contestant could get to the million? Let's find out.

(Feel free to add jokes and stuff if you want. If you need someone to voice act with you, contact me or @ToastersUnited. Also, are you bilingual?
i think hindi and french will be very useful

Last updated: 31/Mar
Advertisments

jeehu
Scratcher
30 posts

ComputerCole wrote:

Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: Scratch Edition
Want A Chance To Win A Million?
All you got to do is get 17 trivia questions right and it's yours! We'll see who can do it!

Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: Scratch Edition will be a trivia game testing your knowledge on projects, users, and forum posts! The game will consist of 17 questions each worth a different amount. The amounts will be: 100, 200, 300, 500, 1000, 2000, 4000, 8000, 16000, 32000, 64000, 75000, 100000, 200000, 500000, 750000, and 1 Million! If the user can guess them all right, they'll win a million and be put on the Millionaire Hall of Fame and be placed on the leaderboard. This game will use variables, sprites, animations, and cloud scripts to create an iconic game show right on Scratch! And @ComputerCole needs your help creating it. code is offline Scroll down below to find assignments, forms, and more!

Staff Positions:
Managers:
Owner: @ComputerCole (complete control, recruits new staff, manages assignments)
Manager(s}: @ToastersUnited @crispyapple 1 Vacant Spot (assists owner, recruits new staff, directs assignees)
Assistant Manager(s): @THECODEWARRIORS @unicorn_donut 1 Vacant Spot (assists managers, directs assignees, volunteers to help where they can)
Chief Developer: @madcoding1 @captain_technology (takes assignments, replaces users who leave, good in all areas)

Staff:
Developers: @Tycho112 Unlimited Spots (develop GUI, create the outline of the game, combine graphics and code)
Artists: @EnergeticCoder Unlimited Spots (create graphics for the game, creates trivia questions, does the art, provides animators with art)
Animators: Unlimited Spots (creates any animations needed, uses smooth glide movement for the questions, makes the game entertaining and interactive)
Coders: @Tycho112 Unlimited Spots (works on the basic code for the game, helps artists and animators, gives code to developers to develop)

Assignment Board

ComputerCole - Recruit and hire more staff to help create game and begin bringing the game together.
crispyapple - Welcome new manager! You can now hire/fire. If you fire, fire under my permission. Please continue working on questions too.
ToastersUnited - I understand you are becoming inactive. Just focus on hiring if you can.
captain_technology - A script will be release tomorrow, July 14th. Check back then and start voice acting.
Tycho112 - Use the pen text engine you suggested and when you get the script tomorrow please create text using what the script says.
EnergeticCoder - When @crispyapple and @madcoding1 have released some of their ideas. Please create “cards” out of them. That will be displayed in the background. One side being a money amount and one side being the question with the answer small below it.
madcoding1 - RESPOND TO ACTIVITY CHECK FIRST! I need you to create a slide-in animation using the logo. It will go from the left to the right. When done post in studio. Also, do what @crispyapple is doing.
THECODEWARRIORS - In the menu screen, start creating a shop. Do NOT make variables for money or coins, or make prices yet. The shop is going to be where you can boosts, hints, and skips. So, you can create boosts you want. Although, you must include Phone-A-Friend, Ask The Audience, and 50:50. Take your time doing this.

Forms:
Staff Form
Username:
Position (Developer, Artist, Animator, etc.):
Reason You Want To Join:
Activity (1-10):
Will You Submit Assignments On Time?:
Codeword:

Manager Form
Username:
Position (Assistant Manager, Manager, Chief Developer, etc.):
Reason You Want To Join:
Experience (provide links to studios/forums you've managed):
Activity (1-10):
Will You Keep Track of Staff?
Codeword:
Best Skill (Animating, Art, Code, etc.):

If you join, you'll curate or manage the official studio. Find all completed pieces in our studio!
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: Scratch Edition Official Studio!

Collaborators and Managers may use the banner in their siggy
Kinda like this TV show. Also I have some sound effects from it.

when green flag clicked
if <mouse down?> then
say [I love henry stickmin!]
end
crispyapple
Scratcher
500+ posts

jeehu wrote:

ComputerCole wrote:

-snip-
nice!

Advertisments

EnergeticCoder
Scratcher
86 posts

crispyapple wrote:

EnergeticCoder wrote:

crispyapple wrote:

ComputerCole wrote:

-snip-
Please reply to this thread. If you do not answer by July 18th, you'll be removed from the collab. To join again, you must fill out another form.
im going to be a bit more active now so expect more questions soon™
Hello, when will @crispyapple and @madcoding1 be done with their work? I need to make the cards
here are all the questions i made in order(ish)
1. What is the name of the scratch mascot
2. Which of these scratchers have the most followers
3. What does the term “sig” mean
4. when was scratch 3.0 released?
5. what is the file extension for a scratch project file?
6. who created scratch?

Thanks, I'll get these sorted at the weekend if that's okay?

Hi!
Soon, I have a competition, and I can't decide between these two songs.
Bulletproof - La Roux
If You're Over Me - Years & Years

Please vote here. I will be singing the song, not playing on an instrument.
Votes close 2/11/21.
crispyapple
Scratcher
500+ posts

EnergeticCoder wrote:

crispyapple wrote:

EnergeticCoder wrote:

crispyapple wrote:

ComputerCole wrote:

-snip-
Please reply to this thread. If you do not answer by July 18th, you'll be removed from the collab. To join again, you must fill out another form.
Hello, when will @crispyapple and @madcoding1 be done with their work? I need to make the cards
6. who created scratch?

thats ok

Advertisments

captain_technology
Scratcher
500+ posts

@captain_technology (OC) - Hello everyone! Welcome to Who (short pause) Wants (short pause) To Be (short pause) A Millionaire, Scratch Edition! The place where none of the helpers get payed. Yay.

Today we'll be welcoming another contestant to our stage! Please welcome… we're not saying anything because in the text engine it will say the username of the user playing, so welcome, you!

Today, our contestant also known as YOU,will have to answer a series of questions while earning cash (say this fast and quietly: note this is not real cash). As the questions add up, you could get to the million. Do you think our contestant could get to the million? Let's find out.

For 100 dollars, who is the Scratch mascot? Don't even think about pressing Scratch cat ITS not even close!

Add-on person who will definitely not get the spotlight- Dude, you just gave away the answer, that's not part of the script!

Awesome person captain_technology- Yeah I just gave away the answer. I'm gonna lose my job for this aren't I.

Add-on person who will definitely not get the spotlight- What do you think! We will both loseour jobs. I should Not have choosen my job as the Add-on person who will definitely not get the spotlight.
Just tell me how you like this. I hope not too many changes.

Last edited by captain_technology (July 14, 2021 18:35:37)

THECODEWARRIORS
Scratcher
100+ posts

crispyapple wrote:

jeehu wrote:

ComputerCole wrote:

-snip-
nice!
I have added some projects in the studio like one with many sound effects and one with a bit improved intro.
FYI I have completed my assignment

Reached 150+ Posts

unicorn__Donut
Scratcher
100+ posts

Ok so what is my first assignment

ToastersUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jeehu wrote:

~snip~
Please dont quote the OP, especially if its long like that

Last edited by ToastersUnited (July 15, 2021 07:30:35)

Sign on the M18 Motorway warning that horses, horse-drawn vehicles, pedestrians and bicycles are forbidden.

Road signs in the Republic of Ireland do not differ greatly from those used elsewhere in Europe – with the notable exception that hazard or warning signs follow the “New World” style of a yellow diamond. The symbols used on these warning signs do, nevertheless, resemble much more closely those used (on red-bordered white or yellow triangles) in the rest of Europe than many of those seen in the United States.

Typical road signs in rural areas of the Republic of Ireland. Here, a fingerpost with old road number and Bord Fáilte logo. Signpost located in Rathangan, Co. Kildare.

Regulatory signs (relating to limits and prohibitions) differ very little from those used in the rest of Europe.

The system of directional signs is based upon, and is very similar to, that employed in the United Kingdom, but is bilingual everywhere except in the Gaeltacht, where only the Irish language is used on signs.

In Ireland, the highest category of road is a motorway (mótarbhealach, plural: mótarbhealaí), indicated by the prefix M followed by a one- or two-digit number (the number of the national route of which each motorway forms a part). The motorway network consists entirely of motorway-grade dual carriageways and is largely focused upon Dublin. There are also several three-lane motorways, while Ireland's busiest road, the M50, incorporates four-lane, five-lane, and six-lane stretches.
ToastersUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

crispyapple wrote:

ToastersUnited wrote:

crispyapple wrote:

ToastersUnited wrote:

ComputerCole wrote:

Script 1

I speak English, Irish, a bit of French and Russian
russian? really thats amazing
Ah, its barley anything of russian except for things like “Name, this is Name” “This us my Bosch”
imagine speaking russian while updating your pc on linux (using terminal) in public bet people will think your some sort of hacker even if you speak basic russian
Перезагрузить — AAA HES GONNA HACK MY WALL!!1!!11

I can just imagine a wholesome story rn
Your sitting on a plane on your laptop in the Command Prompt version of Python, snd someone (Her name is Karen for no apperant reason) and she screams THEIR HACKING THE PLANE *gasp* THEIR HACKING THE RADARATORRADARAT??!!!!!!!
No im writing a database for a website
YOU DONT NEED TO HACK FOR WEBSITES YOU GO TO SOMETHING CALLED WIX THATS HOW WEBSITES ARE MADE
sure, whatever you say
CAPTAIN CMON HERE HES HACKING THE PLANE!
Sir im making a db
Looks like it bye
WHAT?!?!!! HES HACKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bruh

Last edited by ToastersUnited (July 15, 2021 07:38:44)

Sign on the M18 Motorway warning that horses, horse-drawn vehicles, pedestrians and bicycles are forbidden.

Road signs in the Republic of Ireland do not differ greatly from those used elsewhere in Europe – with the notable exception that hazard or warning signs follow the “New World” style of a yellow diamond. The symbols used on these warning signs do, nevertheless, resemble much more closely those used (on red-bordered white or yellow triangles) in the rest of Europe than many of those seen in the United States.

Typical road signs in rural areas of the Republic of Ireland. Here, a fingerpost with old road number and Bord Fáilte logo. Signpost located in Rathangan, Co. Kildare.

Regulatory signs (relating to limits and prohibitions) differ very little from those used in the rest of Europe.

The system of directional signs is based upon, and is very similar to, that employed in the United Kingdom, but is bilingual everywhere except in the Gaeltacht, where only the Irish language is used on signs.

In Ireland, the highest category of road is a motorway (mótarbhealach, plural: mótarbhealaí), indicated by the prefix M followed by a one- or two-digit number (the number of the national route of which each motorway forms a part). The motorway network consists entirely of motorway-grade dual carriageways and is largely focused upon Dublin. There are also several three-lane motorways, while Ireland's busiest road, the M50, incorporates four-lane, five-lane, and six-lane stretches.
unicorn__Donut
Scratcher
100+ posts

How is phone a friend and as the audience going to work

ToastersUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

unicorn__Donut wrote:

Bots

unicorn__Donut
Scratcher
100+ posts

ToastersUnited wrote:

unicorn__Donut wrote:

Bots[/
okay

crispyapple
Scratcher
500+ posts

ToastersUnited wrote:

crispyapple wrote:

ToastersUnited wrote:

crispyapple wrote:

ToastersUnited wrote:

ComputerCole wrote:

-snip-
russian? really thats amazing
Ah, its barley anything of russian except for things like “Name, this is Name” “This us my Bosch”
imagine speaking russian while updating your pc on linux (using terminal) in public bet people will think your some sort of hacker even if you speak basic russian
Перезагрузить — AAA HES GONNA HACK MY WALL!!1!!11

I can just imagine a wholesome story rn
Your sitting on a plane on your laptop in the Command Prompt version of Python, snd someone (Her name is Karen for no apperant reason) and she screams THEIR HACKING THE PLANE *gasp* THEIR HACKING THE RADARATORRADARAT??!!!!!!!
No im writing a database for a website
YOU DONT NEED TO HACK FOR WEBSITES YOU GO TO SOMETHING CALLED WIX THATS HOW WEBSITES ARE MADE
sure, whatever you say
CAPTAIN CMON HERE HES HACKING THE PLANE!
Sir im making a db
Looks like it bye
WHAT?!?!!! HES HACKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bruh
ikr

Advertisments

ComputerCole
Scratcher
500+ posts

THECODEWARRIORS wrote:

ComputerCole wrote:

Script 1

Ok, I was wondering in case we wanted to make recordings in other languages too.

Banner by @Lightning_Bolt77, OC designs by me but OC created by @Lightning_Bolt77.

ComputerCole
Scratcher
500+ posts

jeehu wrote:

ComputerCole wrote:

-snip-
Great, if you want to join the collab just fill out a form.

EnergeticCoder wrote:

crispyapple wrote:

EnergeticCoder wrote:

crispyapple wrote:

ComputerCole wrote:

-snip-

6. who created scratch?

Don't worry about it. I'm going to create a post with all created questions on it, their money amounts, how many more questions we need, and other stuff related to that.

@captain_technology (OC) - Hello everyone! Welcome to Who (short pause) Wants (short pause) To Be (short pause) A Millionaire, Scratch Edition! The place where none of the helpers get payed. Yay.

Today we'll be welcoming another contestant to our stage! Please welcome… we're not saying anything because in the text engine it will say the username of the user playing, so welcome, you!

Today, our contestant also known as YOU,will have to answer a series of questions while earning cash (say this fast and quietly: note this is not real cash). As the questions add up, you could get to the million. Do you think our contestant could get to the million? Let's find out.

For 100 dollars, who is the Scratch mascot? Don't even think about pressing Scratch cat ITS not even close!

Add-on person who will definitely not get the spotlight- Dude, you just gave away the answer, that's not part of the script!

Awesome person captain_technology- Yeah I just gave away the answer. I'm gonna lose my job for this aren't I.

Add-on person who will definitely not get the spotlight- What do you think! We will both loseour jobs. I should Not have choosen my job as the Add-on person who will definitely not get the spotlight.
Just tell me how you like this. I hope not too many changes.
It's great! Just don't give away every answer, lol. Also, you can choose who you want to be your add-on person.

Banner by @Lightning_Bolt77, OC designs by me but OC created by @Lightning_Bolt77.

ComputerCole
Scratcher
500+ posts

unicorn__Donut wrote:

Ok so what is my first assignment
Check assignment board on front page.

THECODEWARRIORS
Scratcher
100+ posts

I have made a new intro computercole thinks it is good but I need your approval to make it official https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/553192060/#comments-216830032

Reached 150+ Posts

ComputerCole
Scratcher
500+ posts

Question Tracker

FAQ
How Many Questions Do We Need?
We need 10 for each amount. There are 16 amounts so we 160 questions. We can only get this many if everyone works together. Also, each question must have 4 answers, with one of them being correct.

What's a good way to determine money amounts?
So, 100-500 money amounts are easy questions. Make sure 100 is the easiest of course 1000-16000 is medium. They aren't super hard that only very active Scratcher's will know but they are not too easy. 32000-750000 are hard questions. Meant for very active Scratchers (if they can make it this far) they should not be easy and should not be well known to New Scratchers. The 1 Million Dollar Questions are the hardest. It can't be something you can just search up. Stuff that may not even exist even more.

$100 Questions: (4/5)
What was the FIRST project code (scratch.mit.edu/projects/___)? (Answers: 104, 001, 100, 000)
True or False, you could always share projects on scratch. (Answers: IDK, Yes, False, True)
What is the Scratch URL? (Answers: scratch.mit.com, scratch.com.edu, scratch.edu, scratch.mit.edu)
What is the name of the Scratch mascot? (Answers: Gobo, Scratch Cat, Tera, Pico)

$200 Questions: (2/5)
What does the term sig mean? (Answers: share, scratch, signature, signified)
What does the term F4F mean? (Answers: Follow For Follow, Feedback For Feedback, Four for Four, f4f)

$300 Questions: (2/5)
Is the Scratch Github organisation Public or Private? (Answers: Public, Private, IDK, Doesn't Exist)
True or False, you can start using cloud variables as soon as you create your account. (True, False, Cloud Variables aren’t a thing, IDK)

$500 Questions: (3/5)
What does the term SDS mean? (Answers: Scratch Developer Studio, Scratch Debugging Studio, Scratch Design Studio)
What is the current version of Scratch? (Answers: Beta, 1.0, 2.0, 3.0)
Who of the following is not a Scratch Team member? (Answers: speakvisually, Zinnea, sharkyshar, dsquare)

$1000 Questions: (1/5)
What is the url for the scratch wiki? (Answers: wiki.scratch.mit.edu, en.scratch-wiki.info, scratch.mit.edu/wiki)

$2000 Questions:
None

$4000 Questions:
None

$8000 Questions: (1/5)
What is the name of the version of Scratch for younger children? (Answers: Scratch Jr, Scratch Kids, My First Scratch, Scratchy)

$16000 Questions: (1/5)
Who is the founder of Scratch? (Answers: Zee Lawson, Mitch Clark, Ressy Mit, Mitch Resnik)

$32000 Questions:
None

$64000 Questions:
None

$75000 Questions: (1/5)
When was griffpatch's first game released? (Answers: Sep 18. 2014, Jan 29. 2013, Jun 29. 2013, Mar 2. 2014)

$100k Questions: (1/5)
What is Scratch Cat’s gender? (Answers: Male, Female, Non-Binary, Not Confirmed)

$200k Questions: (1/5)
What is the file extension for a Scratch project file? (Answers: svg, zip, png, jpeg)

$500k Questions: (1/5)
When was scratch 1.3.1 released?(Answers: 18 November 2007, 15 January 2012, 24 November 2008, None of these)
What is the name of the unfollowable account? (Answers: gpdr0000001, gdpr0000001, World_Languages, gdrp0000001

1 Million Dollar Questions: (3/5)
-Other than the main Scratch website, there used to be another website for Scratch to speed up connections to people outside the US etc, Where was the server of the site located? (Answers: Asia, Africa, Europe, Australia)
-When was automatic credit for remixes implemented?(Answers: 6 August 2007, 12 November 2012, 7 September 2016, 9 January 2006)
-How did you enable remote sensor connection-How did you enable remote sensor connections? (Answers: Press enable remote sensor connections in file tab, shift click on the green flag, Shift click on the stop sign, Right-click on the () Sensor Value block

Need The Answer (You Can Give Me The Answer If You Know It):
None.

Removed Questions:
Which of these scratchers have the most followers? (This was because it changes every day, so the answer may change.)

Last Updated:
Thursday, July 22nd, 2021, 3:33pm Eastern Time, US, (UTC -5:00)

Notice: Some questions may be revised/changed money amounts.

Last edited by ComputerCole (July 22, 2021 19:34:32)