Discuss Scratch

kkidslogin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratchedia - The Internet on Scratch, that's safe (Applications Closed)

This has slipped so far down in my notifications that I had to bookmark it

Forum Clout: 232,655. Alright, who ate my Kumquats? Finally foruming again. Support for reasons in OP and no support for all the other reasons.

Enjoy my music.

[small]non-member post, take whatever I say with a hint of salt and remember there's no authority behind it[/small]
xouzouris
Scratcher
100+ posts

kkidslogin wrote:

This has slipped so far down in my notifications that I had to bookmark it
Same lol

>> Head of Scratchedia <<

Scratchedia is the recreation of the
internet, on Scratch, that's safe!

Random Stuff:
My little cousin asked me why we can't make and run a nuclear reactor at home…

Don't forget to keep on Scratchin'
xouzouris
Scratcher
100+ posts

LankyBox01 wrote:

You still need to hire SFX and Music artists.

Name: Lanky (LankyBox01)
Position: SFX & Music Artist
Why I should choose you: Because i have over 5 years of experience making music
Will anybody respond to this guy or should I do that because I'm the leader?

Random Stuff:

xouzouris
Scratcher
100+ posts

kkidslogin wrote:

xouzouris wrote:

After a light heart attack because I thought my Raspberry pi was dead (I haven't booted it up for a while) I found it it ran Scratch kind of… slowly… do you have any solutions for that?

It doesn't matter. It still works fine because it won't take too many inputs or draw any graphics if it is a well-made server mode. AAAND I found a python module that can interact with scratch cloud variables (Or even be used to make a custom scratch IDE) called scratchclient so we can interact with cloud variables in a python3 program and save data in a permanent .txt file on the server. Python3 runs pretty fast on a pi, even if it is a lowly 3.
That's brilliant! Great job! It will also be a great opportunity to exercise my python skills. Can you provide a link?

Random Stuff:

IGABMS
Scratcher
100+ posts

Alright. Here's what we do:
Rename moderators to “community helpers”
Post on the official webpage(s)/front page of topic
Scratchedia is dedicated to keeping it's users, community helpers, server operators, and all others who use our platform safe. That's why, as part of our commitment to keep everything safe, Scratchedia utilizes cutting edge technology to rapidly identify, respond, and mitigate content that is in violation of Scratch or Scratchedia's Community Guidlines.Please learn more by visiting our page on Safety.

Community guidelines (another page on same home site):
Scratchedia is dedicated to protecting all of our platform's users safety and their rights. In order to do so, we need to ask you to:
Keep the network fun - Reporting features are available on all websites in the Scratchedia™ network.
Please refrain from getting into disputes - Instead, take advantage of our reporting features (see above).
Create fun content - Keep it Safe for Work

Safety page:
Scratchedia is commited to helping our users feel safe on our platforms. Whether that's from bullying, harrasment, or hate speech, Scratchedia™, our systems will make sure that no matter who you are, or how you identify, you can have a safe, fun, and engaging experience on the platform, after all, that's what Scratchedia™ is about.

Our safety features include:
Easy reporting features
24/7 content scanning
Whitelisted words
and more!

In addition to our systems, here are some ways you can stay safe:
Keep person information private (social security numbers, credit card numbers, etc.)
Report unsafe content to our community helpers
Reach out to Support with any issues

If you respond to something I write here, I probably won't see it, so let me know on my profile! Feel free to ask me questions about PHP, Python, Scratch, HTML, CSS, or JavaScript there, too!
xouzouris
Scratcher
100+ posts

IGABMS wrote:

Scratchedia is dedicated to keeping it's users, community helpers, server operators, and all others who use our platform safe. That's why, as part of our commitment to keep everything safe, Scratchedia utilizes cutting edge technology to rapidly identify, respond, and mitigate content that is in violation of Scratch or Scratchedia's Community Guidlines.Please learn more by visiting our page on Safety.

Scratchedia is dedicated to protecting all of our platform's users safety and their rights. In order to do so, we need to ask you to:
Keep the network fun - Reporting features are available on all websites in the Scratchedia™ network.
Please refrain from getting into disputes - Instead, take advantage of our reporting features (see above).

Safety page:
Scratchedia is commited to helping our users feel safe on our platforms. Whether that's from bullying, harrasment, or hate speech, Scratchedia™, our systems will make sure that no matter who you are, or how you identify, you can have a safe, fun, and engaging experience on the platform, after all, that's what Scratchedia™ is about.

Easy reporting features
24/7 content scanning
Whitelisted words
and more!

Keep person information private (social security numbers, credit card numbers, etc.)
Tysm for that. It will be very useful.

Random Stuff:

ToastersUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

xouzouris wrote:

IGABMS wrote:

Safety page:

Easy reporting features
24/7 content scanning
Whitelisted words
and more!

And:
Bad word blocker
(Bad words are encoded aswell)

I believe that with some discussion we could be able to negotiate with the ST

Last edited by ToastersUnited (July 12, 2021 23:03:49)

Sign on the M18 Motorway warning that horses, horse-drawn vehicles, pedestrians and bicycles are forbidden.

Road signs in the Republic of Ireland do not differ greatly from those used elsewhere in Europe – with the notable exception that hazard or warning signs follow the “New World” style of a yellow diamond. The symbols used on these warning signs do, nevertheless, resemble much more closely those used (on red-bordered white or yellow triangles) in the rest of Europe than many of those seen in the United States.

Typical road signs in rural areas of the Republic of Ireland. Here, a fingerpost with old road number and Bord Fáilte logo. Signpost located in Rathangan, Co. Kildare.

Regulatory signs (relating to limits and prohibitions) differ very little from those used in the rest of Europe.

The system of directional signs is based upon, and is very similar to, that employed in the United Kingdom, but is bilingual everywhere except in the Gaeltacht, where only the Irish language is used on signs.

In Ireland, the highest category of road is a motorway (mótarbhealach, plural: mótarbhealaí), indicated by the prefix M followed by a one- or two-digit number (the number of the national route of which each motorway forms a part). The motorway network consists entirely of motorway-grade dual carriageways and is largely focused upon Dublin. There are also several three-lane motorways, while Ireland's busiest road, the M50, incorporates four-lane, five-lane, and six-lane stretches.
IGABMS
Scratcher
100+ posts

xouzouris wrote:

IGABMS wrote:

Safety page:

Easy reporting features
24/7 content scanning
Whitelisted words
and more!

You are very welcome!

If you respond to something I write here, I probably won't see it, so let me know on my profile! Feel free to ask me questions about PHP, Python, Scratch, HTML, CSS, or JavaScript there, too!
xouzouris
Scratcher
100+ posts

ToastersUnited wrote:

xouzouris wrote:

IGABMS wrote:

Safety page:

Easy reporting features
24/7 content scannin
Whitelisted words
and more!

And:
Bad word blocker

There is an unofficial scratch extension that outputs the probability that some text is toxic but I think we should stick to the bad word blocker.

Last edited by xouzouris (July 13, 2021 08:52:22)

Random Stuff:

xouzouris
Scratcher
100+ posts

kkidslogin wrote:

xouzouris wrote:

After a light heart attack because I thought my Raspberry pi was dead (I haven't booted it up for a while) I found it it ran Scratch kind of… slowly… do you have any solutions for that?

It doesn't matter. It still works fine because it won't take too many inputs or draw any graphics if it is a well-made server mode. AAAND I found a python module that can interact with scratch cloud variables (Or even be used to make a custom scratch IDE) called scratchclient so we can interact with cloud variables in a python3 program and save data in a permanent .txt file on the server. Python3 runs pretty fast on a pi, even if it is a lowly 3.
Nvm, It actually runs pretty well, almost as fast as my main computer, as long as there are simple graphics. I think the graphics card is the problem, not the processor.

Random Stuff:

-Mysticoder-
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hi, just asking, why will you need a bad word blocker if you are using whitelisting? If you use whitelisting, bad words are already out of the question, right?

Basically inactive but yes hi
xouzouris
Scratcher
100+ posts

-Mysticoder- wrote:

Hi, just asking, why will you need a bad word blocker if you are using whitelisting? If you use whitelisting, bad words are already out of the question, right?
Actually, we thought of using whitelist in order to prevent random people from making inappropriate websites while we're making Scratchedia, when It's released, there won't be whitelist. That's where we'll use the bad word blocker.

Random Stuff:

xouzouris
Scratcher
100+ posts

If anybody (that I've missed, in the collab) wants to be whitelisted in my project, tell me.

Random Stuff:

GuitarGuyPlayz
Scratcher
100+ posts

ToastersUnited wrote:

xouzouris wrote:

IGABMS wrote:

Safety page:

Easy reporting features
24/7 content scanning
Whitelisted words
and more!

And:
Bad word blocker

Sorry to burst your bubble but… Scratch has no way of cutting of view to certain scripts. Even if they did there is gonna be some way to cut it back on.
(Sorry if this comes out as an ad) Meower has been through complications with the ST that whitelisting isn't allowed. EVEN THOUGH Meower wasn't using whitelisting. So if it comes from me. Negotating with the ST is going to be PRETTY hard

Hello! I am GuitarGuy, more than a year and a half Scratcher, and owner of GZONE Gaming Company.(WeBino Software)

Roblox modeler, and Scratch coder. I have learned almost all the fundamentals of Scratch. And LOVE it! It taught me something that I didn't think I would want to learn!

RIP MEOWER
xouzouris
Scratcher
100+ posts

GuitarGuyPlayz wrote:

ToastersUnited wrote:

xouzouris wrote:

IGABMS wrote:

Safety page:

Easy reporting features
24/7 content scanning
Whitelisted words
and more!

And:
Bad word blocker

Sorry to burst your bubble but… Scratch has no way of cutting of view to certain scripts. Even if they did there is gonna be some way to cut it back on.
(Sorry if this comes out as an ad) Meower has been through complications with the ST that whitelisting isn't allowed. EVEN THOUGH Meower wasn't using whitelisting. So if it comes from me. Negotating with the ST is going to be PRETTY hard
No I have no problem with them viewing the scripts, I just don't want them to make inappropriate websites.

Random Stuff:

xouzouris
Scratcher
100+ posts

xouzouris wrote:

GuitarGuyPlayz wrote:

ToastersUnited wrote:

xouzouris wrote:

IGABMS wrote:

Safety page:

Easy reporting features
24/7 content scanning
Whitelisted words
and more!

And:
Bad word blocker

No I have no problem with them viewing the scripts, I just don't want them to make inappropriate websites.
But ok then, I will unshare the project. There's no other choice.

Random Stuff:

Tycho112
Scratcher
500+ posts

Is this made by meower media? (reply on my profile)

Please follow me. if you follow me I don’t follow you back!
DragonfruitTV
Scratcher
40 posts

xouzouris wrote:

If anybody (that I've missed, in the collab) wants to be whitelisted in my project, tell me.
I do.
kkidslogin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

xouzouris wrote:

But ok then, I will unshare the project. There's no other choice.

I think, to make a whitelist, I can copy all the text out of a few forum posts and run a program to remove duplicate words. That would work well for little work.

Forum Clout: 232,655. Alright, who ate my Kumquats? Finally foruming again. Support for reasons in OP and no support for all the other reasons.

Enjoy my music.

[small]non-member post, take whatever I say with a hint of salt and remember there's no authority behind it[/small]
IGABMS
Scratcher
100+ posts

How does this sound for the offical statement to the Scratch Team (please edit and let me know if you like it)

At Scratchedia™, we understand the unique position the Scratch Team is in regarding User Generated Content (UGC) in Scratch projects. Scratchedia™ utilizes word-whitelisting, allowing only vetted words to be used on the Scratchedia™ network. In addition to whitelisting, moderators, or, as we prefer to call them, Community Patrol members frequently patrol websites in search of inappropriate content that may get through our whitelist, and regular users have access to reporting features. Our Safety Team is on standby to adapt and defend Scratchedia™, our users, and our network from the ever-evolving privacy threats internet users face. Scratch Team members have 24/7 access to our platform, and direct access to Scratchedia™ Safety Team members.

Scratchedia™ would like to recognize the tremendous effort put forth by the Scratch Team to keep Scratch a fun platform, for all.