Discuss Scratch

ierio
Scratcher
5 posts

A guide for anybody having trouble becoming a Scratcher

Hello! If you haven't become a Scratcher and you want to, this guide is for you!

First off, there are requirements to become a Scratcher. Here's a list:
Have at least 2 projects
Have been active on Scratch for 2 weeks or more
Have been relatively active within the community
Have confirmed your email

If you meet all those requirements, you should be good to go. But sometimes, people have a little trouble. Here's what the problem most likely is:
Sometimes, New Scratcher's have to wait longer than two weeks. Some people have taken months. If you're having this issue, first make sure you've met ALL 3 requirements above, and then if you have, you simply need to wait. Time, my friends, and patience. Also, continue being active in the community in this time.

I hope this guide helps! Bye

Note: If you have any questions/concerns, please feel free to ask on my profile.

Last edited by ierio (Dec. 3, 2020 19:41:26)

Hey there! I'm @ierio. If you want, you can drop by my profile any time! :)

say [Scratch on!]
TheQuackHouse
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hello there!

I got a message from the Scratch Team stating that I was invited to be a Scratcher. When I clicked it, it didn't work for me, even a lot of times it didn't let me. Can you help me why it doesn't work?

This account has been terminated because we received multiple third-party claims of copyright infringement regarding material the user posted.
ierio
Scratcher
5 posts

There are two things that could've gone wrong: The message was somehow a glitch, (which i doubt it was.) The second thing can't be answered until you answer this question: When you clicked it, did it take you to a separate page?

say [Scratch on!]
Ihatr
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Guides are not needed at the current moment, although I appreciate you helping out!

this is a link
ierio
Scratcher
5 posts

Ihatr wrote:

Guides are not needed at the current moment, although I appreciate you helping out!
I know guides might not be needed, but if I'm not feeling helpful I get sad fast lol.

say [Scratch on!]
Paddle2See
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

Hello! It's great that you want to help out other Scratchers. However, I think we have enough guides in the forums at the moment. Please feel free to welcome new Scratchers on the group welcoming topic or on individual topics created by New Scratchers.

Other places that can always use more helpful Scratchers like you, are the "Help With Scripts“ and ”Questions About Scratch" areas

Finally, a really good place for Scratch guides is the Scratch Wiki - check it out and see if it's something you might like to work on. They have a number of guides - and great organization.

Scratch Team Member, kayak and pickleball enthusiast, cat caregiver.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.
(credit to Za-Chary)

;