Discuss Scratch

Vetpetmon
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Desktop Backgrounds?

This is my new background!

Sorry that I had compressed it THAT much. The original image was compressed to fit into cubeupload's size limit.

Last edited by Vetpetmon (Sept. 23, 2015 11:45:27)

Pet peeve: Lag. Just, lag. Lag, lag, LAG SPIKE-
There is a need for perfection, even if it's unusual: www.vetpetmon.com
A retired Scratcher who won't be using scratch. I usually go on the forums. I mostly play Unturned, but sometimes, I make mods for games. Knows many programming languages: 100% of HTML, about 60% of CSS, 1% JS, 2% of C#, 50% TSC (for CS modding) and, 1% ASM. Is experienced at Beatbox. I also like writing stories about topics that are interesting to me. I'm well known for my variety of skills that range from programming, art, music, writing, and more. Yes, I have too many hobbies, and I am in 6 fandoms right now!
;
Superandultra
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Desktop Backgrounds?

natemonster321 wrote:

Vetpetmon wrote:

I tried to put in a GIF as my Desktop background on my Mac, didn't work, it only showed one frame as a still image.
you can't do GIFs as your background on any OS. It would take up to much battery for just a wallpaper
I remember on my Windows ME I could, assuming it centered and low res. So, assuming you live in the late 90's, you sorta could. But of course, it was kinda slow anyway.

“Quoting yourself is a lazy and poor attempt at trying to make your argument seem professional and intimidating”-Superandultra 2015
RitaFreeman
Scratcher
81 posts

Desktop Backgrounds?

I have two (it changes every 10 seconds)
http://cubeupload.com/im/6Pvkpb.png
http://cubeupload.com/im/OIcQfV.png

Last edited by RitaFreeman (Sept. 23, 2015 15:15:30)

scratchisthebest
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Desktop Backgrounds?

I'm at school right now so this is my desktop

I am a Lava Expert
robinp
Scratcher
100+ posts

Desktop Backgrounds?

A highly customized version of ubuntu. Considering installing debain without the useless ubuntu things but my internet is currently to slow D:

System Administrator | Portfolio | My Blog | Web Developer
Vetpetmon
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Desktop Backgrounds?

scratchisthebest wrote:

OMG is everyone's computer like that?

Was there a bad word on your desktop or was that your real name?

A retired Scratcher who won't be using scratch. I usually go on the forums. I mostly play Unturned, but sometimes, I make mods for games. Knows many programming languages: 100% of HTML, about 60% of CSS, 1% JS, 2% of C#, 50% TSC (for CS modding) and, 1% ASM. Is experienced at Beatbox. I also like writing stories about topics that are interesting to me. I'm well known for my variety of skills that range from programming, art, music, writing, and more. Yes, I have too many hobbies, and I am in 6 fandoms right now!
;
MrFlash67
Scratcher
500+ posts

Desktop Backgrounds?

scratchisthebest wrote:

[snip]

eew 4:3
get it away from me pls
Recently, I've turned off showing icons on the desktop and just use it as a place to look at my background.

like tears in chocolate rain
(2012 - 2022 - 20XX)
CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Desktop Backgrounds?

scratchisthebest wrote:

-snip-
My school doesn't even have desktop icons for student accounts… YET!

bottom text
scratchisthebest
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Desktop Backgrounds?

Vetpetmon wrote:

OMG is everyone's computer like that?
Nah, I just like to copy and paste the icons. Lel
Was there a bad word on your desktop or was that your real name?
Had my student ID and the computer's ip address on it, just playing it safe ;D

MrFlash67 wrote:

get it away from me pls
Maybe it will help if I told you that my school also uses CRT monitors. 4:3 1024x768 CRT monitors.

Recently, I've turned off showing icons on the desktop and just use it as a place to look at my background.
I do that too ! Not at school though because we sometimes need to use the icons hehe

I am a Lava Expert
Epicness123
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Desktop Backgrounds?

I'm going to be honest. Last time I posted here, I grabbed a random image of a desktop background off Google and posted it. Here is my REAL desktop background:

There's no image loading. Stop waiting for something.

Last edited by Epicness123 (Sept. 24, 2015 01:38:05)

Sadly, my kumquats were eaten by an evil forum signature.
CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Desktop Backgrounds?

scratchisthebest wrote:

MrFlash67 wrote:

get it away from me pls
Maybe it will help if I told you that my school also uses CRT monitors. 4:3 1024x768 CRT monitors.

Didn't you say before that they were “fresh” from 1999?

bottom text
Vetpetmon
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Desktop Backgrounds?

CatsUnited wrote:

scratchisthebest wrote:

MrFlash67 wrote:

get it away from me pls

Same here.

Ugly square monitors. _-_

;
turkey3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Desktop Backgrounds?

Vetpetmon wrote:

CatsUnited wrote:

scratchisthebest wrote:

MrFlash67 wrote:

get it away from me pls

Same here.

You mean cubical.

Vetpetmon
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Desktop Backgrounds?

turkey3 wrote:

Vetpetmon wrote:

CatsUnited wrote:

scratchisthebest wrote:

MrFlash67 wrote:

get it away from me pls

Same here.

You mean cubical.
No, it's a flat screen monitor but it's a square, not a rectangle.

UGH! I can't take looking at it any more!

My own monitor is a flat screen TV(1900x1080px)

Last edited by Vetpetmon (Sept. 24, 2015 11:20:01)

;
QuillzToxic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Desktop Backgrounds?

Well at school mine is normal windows 7/8 (Haven't play'd with the new system… Yet )

Mine at home:

(Had to use tinypic, cube was down .-. the adblock proof ads are killing me)

Also gonna use Elementary on my new pc and I was a windows insider, but I blocked a ton of outgoing connections to Microsoft, still do

Last edited by QuillzToxic (Sept. 24, 2015 15:13:52)

scratchisthebest
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Desktop Backgrounds?

QuillzToxic wrote:

Well at school mine is normal windows 7/8 (Haven't play'd with the new system… Yet )

Mine at home:
http://i58.tinypic.com/2zznhwy.jpg
That wallpaper is fantastic
Also gonna use Elementary on my new pc and I was a windows insider, but I blocked a ton of outgoing connections to Microsoft, still do
And this is why I don't like Windows 10! That's just pretty creepy, that I have to protect myself from my own computer nowadays. Probably will stay on Windows 7 for as long as it's supported, then switch to Linux.

I am a Lava Expert
QuillzToxic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Desktop Backgrounds?

scratchisthebest wrote:

QuillzToxic wrote:

Mine at home:
And this is why I don't like Windows 10! That's just pretty creepy, that I have to protect myself from my own computer nowadays. Probably will stay on Windows 7 for as long as it's supported, then switch to Linux.
Windows 7 is currently on life support, and also an update made it track like windows 10.
Vetpetmon
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Desktop Backgrounds?

Vetpetmon wrote:

This is my new background!

Sorry that I had compressed it THAT much. The original image was compressed to fit into cubeupload's size limit.
Did anyone see that?

;
Vetpetmon
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Desktop Backgrounds?

QuillzToxic wrote:

scratchisthebest wrote:

QuillzToxic wrote:

Mine at home:
Windows 7 is currently on life support, and also an update made it track like windows 10.
HOW DO I DISABLE THE TRACKING???

60 second rule, we meet again…

;
CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Desktop Backgrounds?

QuillzToxic wrote:

Then use Windows Vista?
</offtopic>

bottom text