Discuss Scratch

Nezon
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Za-Pixel: Battle of the Bots -- Pixel Artist Required

can you ping me from 8am to 9pm so i know whats going on.

also, i had school so i didn't work on much, but i did add a fps counter.

This is my signature (it goes automatically under every post I make)! Here is a bit of advice on foruming, by the way. Don't do SAND. SAND means four words.
SAND means Spam, Advertising, Necroposting, and Derailing.
Spam is when a irrelevant message is sent to many places. Wiki Article: Spam
Advertising is when you promote your studios and projects. Wiki Article: Advertising
Necroposting is when you post on a old topic. It distracts other helpers! Wiki Article: Necroposting
Derailing is when you post something that is irrelevant to the topic, like minimodding. It is called thread hijacking. Wiki Article: Derailing(Derailing idea comes from this guy),
in the process of leaving scratch.
bob has been hidden again :(

p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Preferred name: I don't really care.
Specializations: Coding, managing, creating story lines, helping form detailed imagery ideas.
Wanted Job: I don't care, but it seems like the only job available is coder, so I guess coder.
Activity Level: I don't know how you want me to grade, but if 1 is none and 10 is 24/7 I would put myself at 5.
Other: I don't see half the specializations on my applications on the jobs, so if any of my specializations pop up, please let me know at your earliest convenience.

Description/strong suits of specializations:
Coding: I'm good with variables and meh with lists, I have mastered custom blocks and I have been working on many intricate projects.

Managing: My activity level doesn't count the amount of times I go on for less than 15 minutes (which is a lot), and I do good bringing messages in a positive way.

Creating Story Lines: I am good at coming up with stories to go with anything, whether it's a huge issue or just an oil spill on the road.

Forming detailed imagery ideas: I am good with coming up with small details for things, and I also am good at explaining things in an undertandable way instead of going “The yellow thing turns bright, then a huge instrument falls on a tree.”

If you need any clarification, let me know!

New!
Super_Scratch_Bros20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nezon wrote:

You should probably follow the discussion. That way, your messages could ping you instead.

Nezon
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Super_Scratch_Bros20 wrote:

Nezon wrote:

You should probably follow the discussion. That way, your messages could ping you instead.
i did, scratch hurts me by sometimes never filling up my mailbox >:/

This is my signature (it goes automatically under every post I make)! Here is a bit of advice on foruming, by the way. Don't do SAND. SAND means four words.
Advertising is when you promote your studios and projects. Wiki Article: Advertising
Necroposting is when you post on a old topic. It distracts other helpers! Wiki Article: Necroposting
Derailing is when you post something that is irrelevant to the topic, like minimodding. It is called thread hijacking. Wiki Article: Derailing(Derailing idea comes from this guy),

Super_Scratch_Bros20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p- wrote:

Preferred name: I don't really care.
Specializations: Coding, managing, creating story lines, helping form detailed imagery ideas.
Wanted Job: I don't care, but it seems like the only job available is coder, so I guess coder.
Activity Level: I don't know how you want me to grade, but if 1 is none and 10 is 24/7 I would put myself at 5.
Other: I don't see half the specializations on my applications on the jobs, so if any of my specializations pop up, please let me know at your earliest convenience.

Description/strong suits of specializations:
Coding: I'm good with variables and meh with lists, I have mastered custom blocks and I have been working on many intricate projects.

Managing: My activity level doesn't count the amount of times I go on for less than 15 minutes (which is a lot), and I do good bringing messages in a positive way.

Creating Story Lines: I am good at coming up with stories to go with anything, whether it's a huge issue or just an oil spill on the road.

Forming detailed imagery ideas: I am good with coming up with small details for things, and I also am good at explaining things in an undertandable way instead of going “The yellow thing turns bright, then a huge instrument falls on a tree.”

If you need any clarification, let me know!

Sounds good – but I already contacted a few really good coders, and I'm looking forward to seeing which one would be the best. I'm going to wait about a day, and if they don't respond, you're in. Otherwise, I'm going to compare your applications to each other.

Nezon
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I need someone to create a good enemy A.I. (5 of them, one is flying, one is ground, one is chasing, one is crusher, and finally stationary A.Is)

Last edited by Nezon (Nov. 10, 2020 18:30:14)

Super_Scratch_Bros20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nezon wrote:

I need someone to create a good enemy A.I. (5 of them, one is flying, one is ground, one is chasing, one is crusher, and finally stabbers)

First thing's first: Concept creators need to get to work on concepts.

Then, I turn the concepts into sprites.

Then, a programmer can turn those sprites into AI.

Nezon
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nezon wrote:

I need someone to create a good enemy A.I. (5 of them, one is flying, one is ground, one is chasing, one is crusher, and finally stabbers)

There are placeholder sprites, which will have the a.i. for testing, and when the concept creators are done and the artists are done, then the placeholders will be removed and replaced.

LankyBox01
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nezon wrote:

I need someone to create a good enemy A.I. (5 of them, one is flying, one is ground, one is chasing, one is crusher, and finally stationary A.Is)
I can create a concept.

Do you have trouble with scratch slang? Check this awesome site out!

I'm a red panda btw
Super_Scratch_Bros20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LankyBox01 wrote:

Nezon wrote:

I can create a concept.

Well, aorry, but you're not a concept creator or concept artist. You can, however give ideas to concept creators – but they get to choose which concept to use.

LankyBox01
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I made a thing

Do you have trouble with scratch slang? Check this awesome site out!

I'm a red panda btw
DancingNekoGirl
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I'll work on that, do we have a story for the game yet?
Nezon
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LankyBox01 wrote:

I made a thing
if you make it less laggy and fix the glitches, i'll use it.

remember the channel i made a thing

Nezon
Scratcher
1000+ posts

DancingNekoGirl wrote:

did you read page 4 and 5, and check the studio?

p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Some Wandering traveler ideas:

@PonderMake: Has the power of creating ‘minions’ Which follow the player at 50% speed for 5 seconds before falling down, drawing the player toward it (like an implosion, but only a small amount, shouldn't do much.)
Strength: Minions are infinite
Weakness: Implosion draws her towards too, so you can trap her with lava or something.
Notes: None

@Lightnin: Preferably the last Wandering traveler, their power is to send ‘beta-testers’ at the player, but the ‘testers’ are AI, unlike @PonderMake's.
Strength: Beta testers last forever, so of the player doesn't attack they are defenseless.
Weakness: AI aren't infinite, so he only has 1 layer of defense.
Notes: ‘beta-testers’ will be real people, like @jvvg and @sci-monster .

@deck26: creates scripts, which have powers (Like fire balls or sword rain)
Strength: Scripts are complex, and are hard to avoid
Weakness: Like in the original Kirby game (yes, I have an NES) they follow a pattern, and once you figure it out you can dodge it.

Let me know if this will or won't work!

New!
Super_Scratch_Bros20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

DancingNekoGirl wrote:

We've got a general idea – Za-Pixel escaping from a laboratory and encountering enemies.

By the way, anyone, do you think dialogue would be a good idea? If we are, I love doing that kind of thing – I'd be happy to take the role as a dialogue scriptor.

p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

By the way, anyone, do you think dialogue would be a good idea? If we are, I love doing that kind of thing – I'd be happy to take the role as a dialogue scriptor.
I think you should, since it makes the plot thicken. If you want, I would be eager to help! I am pretty good at scripting.

New!
Super_Scratch_Bros20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Some Wandering traveler ideas:

@PonderMake: Has the power of creating ‘minions’ Which follow the player at 50% speed for 5 seconds before falling down, drawing the player toward it (like an implosion, but only a small amount, shouldn't do much.)
Strength: Minions are infinite
Weakness: Implosion draws her towards too, so you can trap her with lava or something.

@Lightnin: Preferably the last Wandering traveler, their power is to send ‘beta-testers’ at the player, but the ‘testers’ are AI, unlike @PonderMake's.
Strength: Beta testers last forever, so of the player doesn't attack they are defenseless.
Weakness: AI aren't infinite, so he only has 1 layer of defense.
Notes: ‘beta-testers’ will be real people, like @jvvg and @sci-monster .

Weakness: Like in the original Kirby game (yes, I have an NES) they follow a pattern, and once you figure it out you can dodge it.

Let me know if this will or won't work!

I'm not entirely sure about @Pondermake and @Lightnin; @Lightnin is pretty much dead, and I don't think @Pondermake has had worked in the forums or with @Za-Chary*. @deck26 can be decided by the concept creators.

p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I'm not entirely sure about @Pondermake and @Lightnin; @Lightnin is pretty much dead, and I don't think @Pondermake has had worked in the forums or with @Za-Chary*. @deck26 can be decided by the concept creators.
Oh, I thought it was anybody who had a significance on the ST or helping. You can always just change the user, it's the powers that I cared about.

New!
DancingNekoGirl
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Well, I haven't really seen @deck26. Maybe we could do cheddargirl (although she also isn't on as much as far as I know) or joshuaho (although they're not a ST member)?