18 posts

Scratchers Scrapbook- Writers/Makers form

Please turn in by 8 am pst on the 25th of Oct
——————————————————-
Check list

You have completed your paper/pages
You have correct spelling and grammar
Your paper/pages are in a 2550 x 3300 pixels format
You know and understand that you need to give the link here and make sure the paper/pages can NOT be seen by nonmembers of the SS team
——————–
Have a great week I can't wait to see what you all came up with

Last edited by Scratchers_Scrapbook (Oct. 21, 2020 18:58:46)

1nightstar
Scratcher
70 posts

Great! Thanks for making it in Canva it saves me a lot of time

farmerjax
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratchers_Scrapbook wrote:

Please turn in by 8 am pst on the 25th of Oct
——————————————————-
Check list

You have completed your paper/pages
You have correct spelling and grammar
Your paper/pages are in a 2550 x 3300 pixels format
You know and understand that you need to give the link here and make sure the paper/pages can NOT be seen by nonmembers of the SS team
——————–
Have a great week I can't wait to see what you all came up with

ooh ok, i'll make it on canva this time (if i remember my username and password)

1nightstar
Scratcher
70 posts

Okay thank you!

eeveeg
Scratcher
100+ posts

i wrote my thing, i will put it in canva fo you, but i want you guys to look over it if you have time, becuase my boss wasnt exactly sure what my topic was, just that it was thanksgiving, and i would like to be able to make any needed changes
“Thanksgiving is a holiday all about gratefulness. An American holiday, it is a time of sharing, warmth, and pumpkin pie. Though traditionally a large gathering of friends and family over turkey, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, and pie, this is not a traditional year. So how can Americans and the rest of the world celebrate this holiday, on and off Scratch?

Simple enough, the answer is be grateful. However, it doesn't have to stop there. On Scratch, you can make Thanksgiving-related projects, host Thanksgiving events, give gifts, and generally do things to put more positivity into the community. At home, even if you’re not American, you can still put effort into the Thanksgiving ideals. Consider sharing one thing you’re thankful for each day, or maybe take inspiration from the beloved October practice of ‘inktober’ and daily add to a diorama of things you are thankful for.

What is, exactly, the ‘spirit of Thanksgiving’? In its essence, thanksgiving is just that, giving thanks. But how has that been both warped and corrupted over time? Thanksgiving, to Americans, has become very much about the food. Though this is a very important part, we mustn't forget to be grateful for what we’re eating and not take it for granted. Furthermore, Thanksgiving has become more and more a merchandising opportunity. However, all clouds have they’re silver lining. This constant flow of wares reminds us of the coming holiday. On that regard, Thanksgiving has also improved over time. Thanksgiving has become a very social event, which might be regretful for introverts, but also brings families closer that might otherwise be quite distant. Though we won’t be seeing as much of that this year, it is something to look forward to in the following years. Thanksgiving, though different this year, is still very much alive, and I hope even those who live outside of the U.S. can join in the spirit of Thanksgiving.

My name is Saturn, I use they/them
I am cringe but i am free
1nightstar
Scratcher
70 posts

That is beautiful! You did an astounding job! You don't have to put it in canva I can do that easily where yours is just text I can't wait to see your about me slide!

eeveeg
Scratcher
100+ posts

1nightstar wrote:

That is beautiful! You did an astounding job! You don't have to put it in canva I can do that easily where yours is just text I can't wait to see your about me slide!
Ok thanks!

1nightstar
Scratcher
70 posts

RLH9 wrote:

Alright here's my part for the paper!! https://www.canva.com/design/DAEJ9_pFHOg/Z2bZCb88MSW0kFn97jX9eg/view?utm_content=DAEJ9_pFHOg&utm_campaign=designshare&utm_medium=link&utm_source=publishsharelink

Hello So when I put the pages in SS the text was fuzzy could you switch the font to the default font?

RLH9
Scratcher
100+ posts

1nightstar wrote:

Great! Thanks for making it in Canva it saves me a lot of time
You're welcome!!! And I'll switch it to the default right away.
Here you go!! - https://www.canva.com/design/DAEJ9_pFHOg/Z2bZCb88MSW0kFn97jX9eg/view?utm_content=DAEJ9_pFHOg&utm_campaign=designshare&utm_medium=link&utm_source=sharebutton

Last edited by RLH9 (Oct. 22, 2020 19:45:23)

1nightstar
Scratcher
70 posts

Thank you!

1nightstar
Scratcher
70 posts

I am going to make a drawing in canva of all of our Oc's

What is y'll's oc's eye color, hair color, skin shade, and shirt?

eeveeg
Scratcher
100+ posts

1nightstar wrote:

My 2 humany ocs is a deer girl, and a boy with a red sweatshirt with the head of a fish. Since those are a bit complex, just do a pale girl with grey green eyes, dark blonde hair, and I guess a green shirt

1nightstar
Scratcher
70 posts

Okay Thank you

farmerjax
Scratcher
100+ posts

1nightstar wrote:

ooh cool
i have an oc- their name is emory (they are a non binary) and most of their hair is shaved except for a wispy bit of hair down the middle of their head, and it is dyed neon yellow. they wear a purple jacket, white shirt and black jeans. their skin is a dark brown and they have golden hoop earrings
hope that won't be too hard to draw xD

1nightstar
Scratcher
70 posts

farmerjax wrote:

1nightstar wrote:

ooh cool
i have an oc- their name is emory (they are a non binary) and most of their hair is shaved except for a wispy bit of hair down the middle of their head, and it is dyed neon yellow. they wear a purple jacket, white shirt and black jeans. their skin is a dark brown and they have golden hoop earrings
hope that won't be too hard to draw xD

Okay I am working on a animation so I don't have time to draw I am just cheating and making custom oc's with a Canva template lol, I don't think Canva has one that looks like it would it be okay if it just had very short hair? XD

Last edited by 1nightstar (Oct. 23, 2020 17:07:17)

RLH9
Scratcher
100+ posts

this project has two oc's of mine and their refs so you can use one of them!! https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/424402382/