Discuss Scratch

StarDude3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Nintendo Topic

Welcome to The Nintendo Topic!

Nintendo's logo in white on red background used since 2016
Discuss Nintendo, the video game company we know and love! Over the years they've created tons of iconic video game franchises like Super Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Kirby, Animal Crossing, Donkey Kong, Super Smash Bros., and more, and produced some of the most excellent, successful consoles in video games history such as the NES, Super Nintendo, Game Boy, Nintendo DS and 3DS, Wii and most recently, Nintendo Switch!
Things you can discuss or share:

• Nintendo video games

Nintendo merchandise or food, such as plush, cereal or toys

Nintendo systems and the games on them

Just anything Nintendo!

Rules:

Please do not post anything that may be inappropriate. These forums are for everyone, children included.

Please do not be rude to other Scratchers, if you see a disrespectful or mean post, report it.

Do not post spam or blockspam. It is very annoying.

——————————————————————————————————————————–

One of Nintendo's earliest consoles, the Nintendo Entertainment System, pictured here, became very popular and helped give the company worldwide recognition.

Some text in this post was inspired by the Wikipedia article for Nintendo.

Last edited by StarDude3 (Nov. 11, 2021 12:14:03)

And now, some wise words…

“Is Mayonnaise an instrument?”

-Patrick Star
ThatOneWeirdDude
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Nintendo Topic

StarDude3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Nintendo Topic

ThatOneWeirdDude wrote:

duplicate
No, that one was closed. That's why I made this one.

-Patrick Star
zzstar
Scratcher
5 posts

The Nintendo Topic

Hi, I don't think I've used this at all in the 6 years I've been on Scratch lol…
mouse1705
Scratcher
12 posts

The Nintendo Topic

sup dood
mouse1705
Scratcher
12 posts

The Nintendo Topic

zzstar wrote:

Hi, I don't think I've used this at all in the 6 years I've been on Scratch lol…
LOL
24KERASM
Scratcher
100+ posts

The Nintendo Topic

I'm pretty salty that 3D all-stars will be a limited release, it's going to be very pricey in the future.

“In war, they taught me how to live, but they never taught me how to live with the things I had done.”
-Niko Bellic, Grand Theft Auto IV

“Well, it turns out people with brain damage are the true heroes.”
-Wheatly, Portal 2

“They make the honey, and we make the money.”
-Beekeeper, Bee Movie
Burgher1679
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Nintendo Topic

in 2017 my dad buyed me a ()()new()() nintendo 3ds xl nes editon (nes editon because the back looks like the nes)

© 2020 - 2021 M-INDUSTRIES
Miao::#0000ff//Miao
StarDude3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Nintendo Topic

I love the Nintendo 3DS and Wii, they are very nostalgic for me. I used to live off of Nintendo 3DS Camera lol. And then we have the Switch…With no camera or mic, subscription and account required for online gaming, and no browser. I hope they add more stuff to the Switch in the future like a browser, and add a mic and camera to the rumored Nintendo Switch Pro, because compared to Nintendo's other consoles I grew up with like the Wii and the 3DS, the Switch is really lacking. Also, Nintendo has had their fair share of disappointments since the Switch came out, but maybe Super Mario 3D All-Stars might make it very much worth having. EDIT: The user interface is also ridiculously bland, no appeal, no music at all, not even in the Eshop. Can anyone tell me why they THINK Nintendo decided to make the Switch UI super plain. Especially compared to Wii, 3DS and Wii U's?

Last edited by StarDude3 (Sept. 8, 2020 15:21:01)

-Patrick Star
24KERASM
Scratcher
100+ posts

The Nintendo Topic

StarDude3 wrote:

I love the Nintendo 3DS and Wii, they are very nostalgic for me. I used to live off of Nintendo 3DS Camera lol. And then we have the Switch…With no camera or mic, subscription and account required for online gaming, and no browser. I hope they add more stuff to the Switch in the future like a browser, and add a mic and camera to the rumored Nintendo Switch Pro, because compared to Nintendo's other consoles I grew up with like the Wii and the 3DS, the Switch is really lacking. Also, Nintendo has had their fair share of disappointments since the Switch came out, but maybe Super Mario 3D All-Stars might make it very much worth having.
The switch is definitely worth owning, even with the paid online, no browser, etc.

“In war, they taught me how to live, but they never taught me how to live with the things I had done.”

-Wheatly, Portal 2

-Beekeeper, Bee Movie
StarDude3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Nintendo Topic

24KERASM wrote:

StarDude3 wrote:

I love the Nintendo 3DS and Wii, they are very nostalgic for me. I used to live off of Nintendo 3DS Camera lol. And then we have the Switch…With no camera or mic, subscription and account required for online gaming, and no browser. I hope they add more stuff to the Switch in the future like a browser, and add a mic and camera to the rumored Nintendo Switch Pro, because compared to Nintendo's other consoles I grew up with like the Wii and the 3DS, the Switch is really lacking. Also, Nintendo has had their fair share of disappointments since the Switch came out, but maybe Super Mario 3D All-Stars might make it very much worth having. EDIT: The user interface is also ridiculously bland, no appeal, no music or anything, not even in the Eshop. Can anyone tell me why they THINK Nintendo decided to make the Switch's UI so plain. Especially compared to the Wii, 3DS and Wii U's?
The switch is definitely worth owning, even with the paid online, no browser, etc.
Well…yeah…for other reasons I guess. Like the innovative exterior and great(?) graphics. But not to mention another flaw, the bland, non-colorful UI like I said in the edit above.

Last edited by StarDude3 (Sept. 8, 2020 15:26:27)

-Patrick Star
4mat
New to Scratch
100+ posts

The Nintendo Topic

The GB has kinda a neat sound chip. Although it's not a SID, it's better then the SMS/GG.
24KERASM
Scratcher
100+ posts

The Nintendo Topic

StarDude3 wrote:

24KERASM wrote:

StarDude3 wrote:

I love the Nintendo 3DS and Wii, they are very nostalgic for me. I used to live off of Nintendo 3DS Camera lol. And then we have the Switch…With no camera or mic, subscription and account required for online gaming, and no browser. I hope they add more stuff to the Switch in the future like a browser, and add a mic and camera to the rumored Nintendo Switch Pro, because compared to Nintendo's other consoles I grew up with like the Wii and the 3DS, the Switch is really lacking. Also, Nintendo has had their fair share of disappointments since the Switch came out, but maybe Super Mario 3D All-Stars might make it very much worth having. EDIT: The user interface is also ridiculously bland, no appeal, no music or anything, not even in the Eshop. Can anyone tell me why they THINK Nintendo decided to make the Switch's UI so plain. Especially compared to the Wii, 3DS and Wii U's?
Well…yeah…for other reasons I guess. Like the innovative exterior and great(?) graphics. But not to mention another flaw, the bland, non-colorful UI like I said in the edit above.
tbh I'd say the switch is worth owning for the games it has, also because it's currently the only handheld system, as well as other reasons. Also, like you said the innovative design. The UI isn't bland it just has a unique style, unlike that of Nintendo's previous systems. I too am nostalgic for the Wii and 3ds, but you shouldn't let that cloud your opinion of the switch. It truly is a great console.

Last edited by 24KERASM (Sept. 8, 2020 21:19:28)

-Wheatly, Portal 2

-Beekeeper, Bee Movie
StarDude3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Nintendo Topic

24KERASM wrote:

StarDude3 wrote:

24KERASM wrote:

StarDude3 wrote:

tbh I'd say the switch is worth owning for the games it has, also because it's currently the only handheld system, as well as other reasons. Also, like you said the innovative design. The UI isn't bland it just has a unique style, unlike that of Nintendo's previous systems. I too am nostalgic for the Wii and 3ds, but you shouldn't let that cloud your opinion of the switch. It truly is a great console.
It's not JUST because nostalgia. It's also because the Switch can get boring after a while, I tend to play my 3DS much more than Switch. I looked into this online and found I wasn't alone in this. Also some of the games were kinda disappointing, take Mario + Rabbids for example, was somewhat fun at first, but got really boring after a short time. ; The new Mario Party isn't special either, and those mini-games you play with multiple Switch consoles just doesn't do it. ; Yoshi's Crafted World was also really bland and too easy to be enjoyable, and is so far my least favorite Switch game. But you're still right about the games, because Super Mario Odyssey was so fun when I played it (easy though), Luigi's Mansion 3 is probably my fav so far, and I hear TLOZ: Breath of the Wild was great too. But I don't have too many games yet and the ones I have are mostly Mario or Sonic (I have Crash too, a great game), so my opinion may change once I get a Nintendo Account or get more games. I feel like there's a good chance of my opinion changing actually. Just one thing though, Why do you think Nintendo is making their games so darn easy now? Like, games like SMG2 and SM64 were challenging, and a lot of other slightly older games I'm forgetting to mention.

Last edited by StarDude3 (Sept. 28, 2020 12:02:02)

-Patrick Star
24KERASM
Scratcher
100+ posts

The Nintendo Topic

StarDude3 wrote:

24KERASM wrote:

StarDude3 wrote:

24KERASM wrote:

StarDude3 wrote:

It's not JUST because nostalgia. It's also because the Switch can get boring after a while, I tend to play my 3DS much more than Switch. I looked into this online and found I wasn't alone in this. Also some of the games were kinda disappointing, take Mario + Rabbids for example, was somewhat fun at first, but got really boring after a short time. ; The new Mario Party isn't special either, and those mini-games you play with multiple Switch consoles just doesn't do it. ; Yoshi's Crafted World was also really bland and too easy to be enjoyable, and is so far my least favorite Switch game. But you're still right about the games, because Super Mario Odyssey was so fun when I played it (easy though), and I hear TLOZ: Breath of the Wild was great too. But I don't have too many games yet and the ones I have are mostly Mario or Sonic (I have Crash too, a great game), so my opinion may change once I get a Nintendo Account or get more games. I feel like there's a good chance of my opinion changing actually. Just one thing though, Why do you think Nintendo is making their games so darn easy now? Like, games like SMG2 and SM64 were challenging, and a lot of other slightly older games I'm forgetting to mention.
Probably because they want to appeal to the largest possible audience, including small children. Some of their games are still challenging like botw, but I definitely see what your talking about. Also I can confirm that Breath of the Wild is extremely good, it's challenging and you sound like the kind of person that would like it.

Last edited by 24KERASM (Sept. 8, 2020 23:10:34)

-Wheatly, Portal 2

-Beekeeper, Bee Movie
StarDude3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Nintendo Topic

24KERASM wrote:

StarDude3 wrote:

24KERASM wrote:

StarDude3 wrote:

24KERASM wrote:

StarDude3 wrote:

It's not JUST because nostalgia. It's also because the Switch can get boring after a while, I tend to play my 3DS much more than Switch. I looked into this online and found I wasn't alone in this. Also some of the games were kinda disappointing, take Mario + Rabbids for example, was somewhat fun at first, but got really boring after a short time. ; The new Mario Party isn't special either, and those mini-games you play with multiple Switch consoles just doesn't do it. ; Yoshi's Crafted World was also really bland and too easy to be enjoyable, and is so far my least favorite Switch game. But you're still right about the games, because Super Mario Odyssey was so fun when I played it (easy though), and I hear TLOZ: Breath of the Wild was great too. But I don't have too many games yet and the ones I have are mostly Mario or Sonic (I have Crash too, a great game), so my opinion may change once I get a Nintendo Account or get more games. I feel like there's a good chance of my opinion changing actually. Just one thing though, Why do you think Nintendo is making their games so darn easy now? Like, games like SMG2 and SM64 were challenging, and a lot of other slightly older games I'm forgetting to mention.
Probably because they want to appeal to the largest possible audience, including small children. Some of their games are still challenging like botw, but I definitely see what your talking about. Also I can confirm that Breath of the Wild is extremely good, it's challenging and you sound like the kind of person that would like it.
Thanks, I hear they are making a sequel too! But I think they should still make their games challenging like they used to so all audiences will feel accomplished when they finally do it, I know I was whenever I beat their other games, but now I'm just like “Oh, I beat it. Yay!” IMO Yoshi's Crafted World's pathetic LAST boss should have been it's first.

-Patrick Star
24KERASM
Scratcher
100+ posts

The Nintendo Topic

Thanks, I hear they are making a sequel too! But I think they should still make their games challenging like they used to so all audiences will feel accomplished when they finally do it, I know I was whenever I beat their other games, but now I'm just like “Oh, I beat it. Yay!” IMO Yoshi's Crafted World's pathetic LAST boss should have been it's first.
I definitely agree.

-Wheatly, Portal 2

-Beekeeper, Bee Movie
24KERASM
Scratcher
100+ posts

The Nintendo Topic

24KERASM wrote:

I definitely agree.

-Wheatly, Portal 2

-Beekeeper, Bee Movie
24KERASM
Scratcher
100+ posts

The Nintendo Topic

My computer is being an imbecile and my posts are getting messed up.

-Wheatly, Portal 2

-Beekeeper, Bee Movie
StarDude3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Nintendo Topic

24KERASM wrote:

24KERASM wrote:

I definitely agree.

Ty! Nice to know that's relatable!

24KERASM wrote:

My computer is being an imbecile and my posts are getting messed up.
Lol no big deal. My posts get messed up too sometimes and it's a real pain when that happens. :lol: AND IT HAPPENED AGAIN!!!

Last edited by StarDude3 (Sept. 9, 2020 15:05:47)

-Patrick Star