Discuss Scratch

Basic88
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Solution to Mass Reporting: IP Checking!

We all hate it when we get mass reported. Well, here is a solution: IP Checking! When reporting, it checks if that person has already reported the project with that IP address more than 2 times within 24 hours (that report won't count). If so, that person gets an alert saying “please don't mass report”. I think this will save the ST time from meaningless reports. As usual, please leave constructive feedback
New Addition: You can only send 2 reports on the project for that IP every 24 hours.

Last edited by Basic88 (July 30, 2020 17:53:15)

I have moved to @BrowserExtension
DarthVader4Life
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Basic88 wrote:

We all hate it when we get mass reported. Well, here is a solution: IP Checking! When reporting, it checks if that person has already reported the project with that IP address. If so, that person gets an alert saying “please don't mass report”. I think this will save the ST time from meaningless reports. As usual, please leave constructive feedback
what if there are multiple reasons that you need to report it for?
other is an option of course, but i think there might be a limit on that.
also, humans can forget some stuff and then remember after they send, so….

a fix to this problem is to limit the number of times you can report a project. i'd say 2?

Be Moist Also, here's a helpful link to Ocular
I am DV4L, Erector of Text Walls, Typer of Long Posts, Creator of Mini-mod posts
The kumquats have eaten this line, so I have to have a new way to repel them.
Had a bad day or are feeling bored? Watch this to make your day better in an interesting way.
Do you think you've been banned unfairly? Then you'd be wrong. The ST aren't children, so quit acting like they are.
Basic88
Scratcher
1000+ posts

(deleted)

Last edited by Basic88 (July 30, 2020 17:22:53)

HTML-Fan
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Well, it's mostly so you can't use alts for stuff. So you could say that you may have unlimited reports, but only 2 different accounts on one IP. But, I'm not sure what the servers would think about that idea.

Joke of the century: Just made a good remix of this with Scratch's music extension.
                      BE MOIST B) AND CHECK OUT
_____ ______ _ _
|_ _| | _ (_) (_)
| |_ _____ | | | |_ _ __ ___ ___ _ __ ___ _ ___ _ __ ___ #RoadToMoist100
| \ \ /\ / / _ \ | | | | | '_ ` _ \ / _ \ '_ \/ __| |/ _ \| '_ \/ __|
| |\ V V / (_) | | |/ /| | | | | | | __/ | | \__ \ | (_) | | | \__ \
\_/ \_/\_/ \___/ |___/ |_|_| |_| |_|\___|_| |_|___/_|\___/|_| |_|___/
Basic88
Scratcher
1000+ posts

HTML-Fan wrote:

Well, it's mostly so you can't use alts for stuff. So you could say that you may have unlimited reports, but only 2 different accounts on one IP. But, I'm not sure what the servers would think about that idea.
It takes about 4 reports for the project poster to get temp banned. I don't think the mass reporter wants to buy 4 different computers.

HTML-Fan
Scratcher
1000+ posts

A PC gets only an internal IP. The IP the servers get is your router's IP. And you can just reset the router for a new IP.

Last edited by HTML-Fan (July 30, 2020 17:17:27)

Joke of the century: Just made a good remix of this with Scratch's music extension.
_____ ______ _ _
|_ _| | _ (_) (_)
DarthVader4Life
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Basic88 wrote:

DarthVader4Life wrote:

Well, you can type them all in the “other” section (there is a text box at the end if you keep pressing the button)
did you read my entire port?

I am DV4L, Erector of Text Walls, Typer of Long Posts, Creator of Mini-mod posts
Had a bad day or are feeling bored? Watch this to make your day better in an interesting way.
Do you think you've been banned unfairly? Then you'd be wrong. The ST aren't children, so quit acting like they are.
Basic88
Scratcher
1000+ posts

HTML-Fan wrote:

A PC gets only an internal IP. The IP the servers get your router's IP. And you can just reset the router for a new IP.
The mass reporters probably don't know that and won't do that. I have a feeling if this was “add IP banning” then you would say the exact same thing. Think about it like IP banning, only you can't mass report from the same IP.

HTML-Fan
Scratcher
1000+ posts

IP banning is also stupid. I was banned after I made those joke accounts - a quick router reset and the problem was solved.

_____ ______ _ _
|_ _| | _ (_) (_)
Basic88
Scratcher
1000+ posts

DarthVader4Life wrote:

Basic88 wrote:

DarthVader4Life wrote:

Well, you can type them all in the “other” section (there is a text box at the end if you keep pressing the button)
Oh, sorry. I'll edit that post. Well, one reason is good enough. For example reporting a project with Cloud Chat and Scratch Cat swearing. You could just report the “Scratch Cat swearing” part and that is sufficient enough for a mod to take down that project.

HTML-Fan wrote:

IP banning is also stupid. I was banned after I made those joke accounts - a quick router reset and the problem was solved.
Wait, I thought you deleted that account
Well, I didn't invent IP banning, you have to talk to the ST about your ban.

Last edited by Basic88 (July 30, 2020 17:22:28)

DarthVader4Life
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Basic88 wrote:

DarthVader4Life wrote:

Basic88 wrote:

DarthVader4Life wrote:

Oh, sorry. I'll edit that post. Well, one reason is good enough. For example reporting a project with Cloud Chat and Scratch Cat swearing. You could just report the “Scratch Cat swearing” part and that is sufficient enough for a mod to take down that project.
still, i'd rather the ST know at least 75% rather than 25%

Basic88
Scratcher
1000+ posts

DarthVader4Life wrote:

-quote train-
Either way, the project is taken down.

DarthVader4Life
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Basic88 wrote:

DarthVader4Life wrote:

-quote train-
Either way, the project is taken down.
yes, still, if the ST decided to do (removed by moderator-) things, and the owner of the project replaced it or added with something that breaks the CG and you have already reported it….

so how bout 1-2 reports every 24 hours per project.

Basic88
Scratcher
1000+ posts

DarthVader4Life wrote:

…for that IP. Sure, I'll amend the OP.

DarthVader4Life
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Basic88 wrote:

DarthVader4Life wrote:

…for that IP. Sure, I'll amend the OP.
thanks. you have my support. 2 every 24hrs per IP seems reasonable.

BozendorpherImperial
Scratcher
10 posts

You make a good point that looking at a users ip address would perhaps prevent mass reporting. However, those who know much about ip addresses and computers in general, would maybe know that you can fake your actual ip address. Therefore bypassing that ip report idea. For those who dont know how to do it, i think it is a good idea.
Basic88
Scratcher
1000+ posts

BozendorpherImperial wrote:

You make a good point that looking at a users ip address would perhaps prevent mass reporting. However, those who know much about ip addresses and computers in general, would maybe know that you can fake your actual ip address. Therefore bypassing that ip report idea. For those who dont know how to do it, i think it is a good idea.
Ok. This will work like IP banning, only it's with reports (two reports per that IP every 24 hours).

Basic88
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bump
60 second rule

garnetluvcookie
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ugh, support! I just got mass-reported today because of a bunch of stubborn artists. But how about you can only report it once every 2 days, since the mods are pretty fast many reports aren't usually needed.

Basic88
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bump