1000+ posts

"New Forumer" and "Forumer" roles

NanoPIex wrote:

pandacorn_owl wrote:

NanoPIex wrote:

No support.
Reason:
Scratchers and New forumers
Scratchers know Scratch`s criteria and won`t do things outside of it in the forums.
There are plenty of Scratchers who don't know how the forums work or what is and isn't allowed
Scratchers know criteria, and they learn from experience of blockspam, constructiveness, and BB code spam.
I think otherwise, users that spam may have been on Scratch for a long time, but never found the forums. For example, I have been on Scratch for five years but I only found the forums 2 years ago. I had no idea what the rules were, no idea what necroposting was, and no idea what it even was. I was a Scratcher, and had the same restrictions as a experienced forumer.
NanoPIex
Scratcher
500+ posts

leahcimto wrote:

NanoPIex wrote:

pandacorn_owl wrote:

NanoPIex wrote:

No support.
Reason:
Scratchers know Scratch`s criteria and won`t do things outside of it in the forums.
There are plenty of Scratchers who don't know how the forums work or what is and isn't allowed
Scratchers know criteria, and they learn from experience of blockspam, constructiveness, and BB code spam.
I think otherwise, users that spam may have been on Scratch for a long time, but never found the forums. For example, I have been on Scratch for five years but I only found the forums 2 years ago. I had no idea what the rules were, no idea what necroposting was, and no idea what it even was. I was a Scratcher, and had the same restrictions as a experienced forumer.
But it's not like you were posting bad images all over or posting a bunch of bad links, those are already known as criteria. But it's not like you were spamming on purpose.

L
leahcimto
Scratcher
1000+ posts

NanoPIex wrote:

leahcimto wrote:

NanoPIex wrote:

pandacorn_owl wrote:

NanoPIex wrote:

No support.
Reason:
But it's not like you were posting bad images all over or posting a bunch of bad links, those are already known as criteria. But it's not like you were spamming on purpose.
I could have thought this was one place to chat and make a chat topic and tell all my friends about it.
NanoPIex
Scratcher
500+ posts

leahcimto wrote:

NanoPIex wrote:

leahcimto wrote:

NanoPIex wrote:

pandacorn_owl wrote:

NanoPIex wrote:

No support.
Reason:
I could have thought this was one place to chat and make a chat topic and tell all my friends about it.
Well, it would be closed and not held against you.

L
portalpower
Scratcher
1000+ posts

no support, the 120 second rule also acts as a punishment for only using the social aspects of scratch, and not actually coding

thank you for reading my post and have a nice day!
shift+down to view my signature

idk what to put here.
NanoPIex
Scratcher
500+ posts

portalpower wrote:

no support, the 120 second rule also acts as a punishment for only using the social aspects of scratch, and not actually coding
60 second rule?

L
portalpower
Scratcher
1000+ posts

NanoPIex wrote:

portalpower wrote:

60 second rule?
no new scratcher have to wait 120 seconds between posts

thank you for reading my post and have a nice day!
shift+down to view my signature

idk what to put here.
LydzWinry
Scratcher
1000+ posts

portalpower wrote:

Not all projects actually have coding.

Highlight part of my siggy and ctrl+shift+down to see more of it!
Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.
-C.S. Lewis
I'm on the cusp of Virgo and Libra and I'm a serious gamer. All hail the almighty snail.
Why Scratch is a social media platform: For context, the topic was a suggestion for better message filtering.
I run The Amethyst Shop 2.0 and ~The Rose Shop!~. NOTICE: THEY ARE BEING MERGED. ONCE THE MERGING HAS OCCURED, THE MERGED SHOP WILL BE ADVERTISED HERE.
-db
Scratcher
500+ posts

Ideas for this role.

Forumers: 100+ posts, active on the forums(say about and 30 mins a day for 10 days or so?), multiple topics, constructive posts.

New Forumers: Under 100+ posts, not active, not a lot of topics, not constructive.

The perks would be the same just as scratcher role and new scratcher role.

Answering the topic now.
Support! I am a new scratcher, fairly active on the forums but I am still not a scratcher so it has perks like: No images, 120 second wait time, probably more I don't know about. Having forumer and new forumer roles would be better on the forums than just scratcher and new scratcher.

Last edited by -db (Dec. 20, 2020 13:02:00)

now ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ: deadman 死人 - i'm gone (prod. 愛Swagg)
⚪───────────────── ◄◄⠀▐▐⠀►► 0:00 / 1:27⠀───○
Ctrl+shift+down arrow to see more.
Do not highlight the text lol note: I just realized even if epitaph doesn't let the user get hit once he punches it turns off lol.
*Diavolo proceeds to epitaph and get hits of of giorno*. *King crimson punches*SHINJITSU NI TOTASURU WU ke shi te nai. Kore ga requiem da MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA.

pandacorn_owl
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-db wrote:

Ideas for this role.

Forumers: 100+ posts, active on the forums(say about and hour a day for 10 days or so?), multiple topics.

New Forumers: Under 100+ posts, not active, not a lot of topics.

Answering the topic now.
Support! I am a new scratcher, fairly active on the forums but I am still not a scratcher so it has perks like: No images, 120 second wait time, probably more I don't know about. Having forumer and new forumer roles would be better on the forums than just scratcher and new scratcher.

How would you measure time on the forums also encouraging so long on the forums every day seems a bit unhealthy? There are also unconstructive users who could do that

Hello I'm a human who used to be active on the forums but sometimes reappears for fun and stuff. I can't be bothered to make a cool signature right now so umm here's a smiley face
-db
Scratcher
500+ posts

pandacorn_owl wrote:

-db wrote:

Ideas for this role.

Forumers: 100+ posts, active on the forums(say about and hour a day for 10 days or so?), multiple topics.

New Forumers: Under 100+ posts, not active, not a lot of topics.

Answering the topic now.

How would you measure time on the forums also encouraging so long on the forums every day seems a bit unhealthy? There are also unconstructive users who could do that

Not really unhealthy(I straight up play my games for 11 hours everyday). Most kids that are on school chromebooks(me) do something in their freetime which is usually a game website. I will change the 1hr to 30 mins and add constructive posts? Would that work better?

now ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ: deadman 死人 - i'm gone (prod. 愛Swagg)
⚪───────────────── ◄◄⠀▐▐⠀►► 0:00 / 1:27⠀───○
Ctrl+shift+down arrow to see more.
Do not highlight the text lol note: I just realized even if epitaph doesn't let the user get hit once he punches it turns off lol.
*Diavolo proceeds to epitaph and get hits of of giorno*. *King crimson punches*SHINJITSU NI TOTASURU WU ke shi te nai. Kore ga requiem da MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA.

leahcimto
Scratcher
1000+ posts

NanoPIex wrote:

leahcimto wrote:

NanoPIex wrote:

leahcimto wrote:

NanoPIex wrote:

pandacorn_owl wrote:

NanoPIex wrote:

No support.
Reason:
Well, it would be closed and not held against you. -snip-
Did you read the OP? This is for users that are new to the forums to have the same restrictions as new Scratchers because many forum rules are not known well by users who just discovered the forums.
gosoccerboy5
Scratcher
1000+ posts

portalpower wrote:

Hold up, you're saying the 120 second rule is supposed to punish New Scratchers? Unless that's sarcastic, I find that incredibly silly.

Luvexina
Scratcher
500+ posts

gosoccerboy5 wrote:

portalpower wrote:

Hold up, you're saying the 120 second rule is supposed to punish New Scratchers? Unless that's sarcastic, I find that incredibly silly.
the 120 second rule is made to prevent spam

Support trans youth, in Texas and across the globe!
gosoccerboy5
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Actually, why not ban scratchblocks for new forumers? That might cut down on blockspam but I feel like there are some unintended consequences I'm missing (maybe it'd be allowed in HwS?)
also bump

Luvexina
Scratcher
500+ posts

gosoccerboy5 wrote:

Actually, why not ban scratchblocks for new forumers? That might cut down on blockspam but I feel like there are some unintended consequences I'm missing (maybe it'd be allowed in HwS?)
also bump
There's too many situations where they do need to use it, so I don't think that's a good idea.

Support trans youth, in Texas and across the globe!
Vaibhs11
Scratcher
1000+ posts

VFDan wrote:

gosoccerboy5 wrote:

also bump
There's too many situations where they do need to use it, so I don't think that's a good idea.
new scratchers and new forummers scratchblocks usage

literally 98% blockspam
2% thanking people in quotes on HWS

Last edited by Vaibhs11 (Jan. 6, 2021 14:00:07)

gosoccerboy5
Scratcher
1000+ posts

VFDan wrote:

gosoccerboy5 wrote:

also bump
Where? Help with Scripts is the main area that people need to use scratchblocks, otherwise they can generally do without it

thisaccountisameme
Scratcher
100+ posts

Support. However I don’t think the number of posts should be 100 like a lot of people agree on. I’m pretty active on the forums and have not yet hit 100 posts, and many people do not have the time to do so. I’d think more like 20 to 30 posts, or perhaps a forum moderator promotes you if they see that you are being constructive.

when I receive [ homework]
INITIATE SELF DESTRUCT

Ok I’m lazy. But I still hate homework.

Click for Semi Decent Animation | Click for Bad Animation
k7e
Scratcher
1000+ posts

This would be good as some New Scratchers like me spend all of their time on the forums.

@mythoslore was so much more obvious than @spookily