Discuss Scratch

betazone
New to Scratch
3 posts

Leopard: Convert Scratch projects to JavaScript AUTOMATICALLY!

By “extracting” costumes, backdrops, and sounds I mean can sb-edit pull them out of the .sb3 file and put them in files or directories on your hard drive?

I was able to use sb-edit to extract the leopard code only (no costumes, backdrops or sounds) from an .sb3 file by using your instructions on the sb-edit github page. Then I looked at the code for the toLeopard function which your example used and I noticed that it has option parameters for images and sounds but couldn't figure out how to set the options to (hopefully) get the function to output images and sounds. Wondering how to do that or even if it is possible.
betazone
New to Scratch
3 posts

The reason I'm trying to use sb-edit to get the leopard code and the costumes, backdrops and sounds from an .sb3 file is because when your online leopard conversion site sometimes fails to do the conversion, sb-edit seems to never fail (at least so far). So when your online leopard site fails to convert an .sb3 file we could have a fall-back by using sb-edit. When your online site succeeds in converting an .sb3 file it includes both code and costumes/backdrops/sounds in the conversion (which can be saved as a zip file from the sandbox site).

Another question: do you have detailed instructions for how to make our own copy of your leopard website on vercel.com? There are no instructions on the github site. Would be handy to do this if we make changes. I know the button ‘Publish your project as a website’ on your online leopard site has some instructions but sandbox has changed so much that I couldn't follow those instructions.

Thanks for leopard! I like to convert scratch projects to pure javascript and when I get stumped the leopard conversion gives new & helpful ideas, especially if I can trace into the code.

n-clue
Scratcher
89 posts

i tried translating https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/930169230/, its in 3.0, it only uses pen, i dont know the problem

stop quoting me, i didnt say any of this!
-sun tzu, the art of scratch

Employee at The Bug Squishers, order code, art, banners, profile pictures, and more!
YandeMC
Scratcher
7 posts

im not sure why my project is failing conversion. the id is 964104918

its a pretty complex project but it does only use pen

PullJosh
Scratcher
1000+ posts

betazone wrote:

The reason I'm trying to use sb-edit to get the leopard code and the costumes, backdrops and sounds from an .sb3 file is because when your online leopard conversion site sometimes fails to do the conversion, sb-edit seems to never fail (at least so far).
Oh, okay, yes! I can help with this. I think we should probably have a nice CLI tool for this, but in the meantime, you can use towerofnix's sb-edit-playground. That tool should make it easier to convert a .sb3 to Leopard locally.

betazone wrote:

Another question: do you have detailed instructions for how to make our own copy of your leopard website on vercel.com?
Not really. I've been working on some pretty huge upgrades to the site, but they aren't published anywhere yet and allowing people to reproduce the website themselves hasn't really been a priority.

betazone wrote:

Thanks for leopard! I like to convert scratch projects to pure javascript and when I get stumped the leopard conversion gives new & helpful ideas, especially if I can trace into the code.
That's great! I'm so glad it's helpful for you.
co0lcr34t10ns
Scratcher
1000+ posts

For some reason, https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/982996566/ did not work even though it only uses pen and was made a few days ago. It said Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘value’) even though my project fits the description. Could any of you at the Leopard Team see my project and find out the problem?

I'm a professional forum lurker who likes Vocaloid, retro games, and story writing.

Social Experiment Generation 0: Add this to your signature increase generation by 1 and add the username of the person whose signature you saw this in to this studio

I am the 454th most active TIRAP forumer. Wow! Not surprised in any way though.

I love the OG mods. They are just done with forum trolls.

TheDeveloper4670
Scratcher
1 post

Hostcreator2
Scratcher
7 posts

Hostcreator2
Scratcher
7 posts

TheDeveloper4670 wrote:

it does not work…. try…
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/983773435/editor
Geronimo2010
Scratcher
61 posts

The html page after converting is just the green flag button on white with nothing else
The green flag button doesn't even work.
potatoman3737
Scratcher
9 posts

Whenever I try to convert my project into JS, it says this:
Error occurred during query execution: ConnectorError(ConnectorError { user_facing_error: None, kind: QueryError(Error { kind: Db, cause: Some(DbError { severity: “ERROR”, parsed_severity: Some(Error), code: SqlState(E42P05), message: “prepared statement \”s0\“ already exists”, detail: None, hint: None, position: None, where_: None, schema: None, table: None, column: None, datatype: None, constraint: None, file: Some(“prepare.c”), line: Some(446), routine: Some(“StorePreparedStatement”) }) }) })

I have no idea why its not converting
BTW heres the project: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/886120669/editor/

I love doing anything! - Serial Designation N
firecreator418
Scratcher
1 post

My project is failling to load but it’s made in 3.0
medians
Scratcher
1000+ posts

firecreator418 wrote:

My project is failling to load but it’s made in 3.0
Can you send the link to the project that you are referring to?

NEW: Medians bamboozled by 3.0 (version 3.0): https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/979822351/
hi875230163394: You're similar to valve in that you both hate a certain number…
Scratch 0.x, 1.x, 2.x, 3.x and LogoBlocks Archives
Bamboozlement: https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/33739789
Fun_Cupcake_i81: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/850535211/
Years on internet: 15 (soon 16)
medians: Oh god not this utc - 12 thing again..
Fun_Cupcake_i81: What, were you expecting not to see the utc - 12 thing again? THE UTC - 12 THIGN ALWAYS RETURNS. ALWAYS.
medians: I knew it would happen. I was the one who started it last year.
Fun_Cupcake_i81: Well then if you didn't want it back maybe you need to time travel to last year and fix that

Oh wait if you could time travel I think we all know exactly when you would go-
user1: That picture is from 2.0. Now he’s at my house and is my pet.
user2: But this is medians we're talking about, so “from 2.0” can mean the same thing as “from five seconds ago”.

Detect Scratch version here
My other accounts: @selfexplanatory @modesties @chaircard @fireflyhero @dividendyield @colloids @radians @skeuamorphism @dihectogon @anglebisector @aau- @EditBlockColors @AdamantOrb @MoongeistBeam @festively @Ampharos_ @ straightforwardness
i trolled redcat LOL

if you see this
{what method did you use::control hat
answer on profile ::motion
} ::operators
;
redhorse26_1
Scratcher
21 posts

Allow https://turbowarp.org/editor custom extensions(if you didn't know there are turbowarp extensions and you can make your own extensions and put into turbowarp) they are in javascript so it should be fine
Dragosgaming
Scratcher
7 posts

Hostcreator2
Scratcher
7 posts

L'ajout d'un projet n'a pas pu être chargé
ioeescool
Scratcher
5 posts

For some reason, this project that I tried to make compatible with leopard doesn't work. Do you know why? I think I looked over every incompatible block (which let's be real, I might of failed), and I didn't find anything wrong.
thebupking
Scratcher
5 posts

Hey, Josh I want to make a js to scratch becuase java makes more sence for me
IndexErrorException
Scratcher
500+ posts

My project doesn't work with Leopard
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/992018257/
Dragosgaming
Scratcher
7 posts