Firedrake969 wrote:

What about Times New Roman?
IMO it's too formal.

!
mathfreak231
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The letter I vs the letter l

If anyone is curious, the css can easily be changed; there is already a font rule for the html tag.

Last edited by mathfreak231 (June 12, 2014 18:07:39)

i have grown as a person. and ive grown, literally. none of my posts from before 2022 represent me accurately.
derpmeup
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I don't support fully switching the font, but maybe making the capital I look a bit different would be good.

hey bro that's a pretty good meme xD!
Blueinkproductions
Scratcher
1000+ posts

derpmeup wrote:

I don't support fully switching the font, but maybe making the capital I look a bit different would be good.
That is switching the font.

Generation 2: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
____                  _____  _______              
| \ | | | | | |\ | | /
|___/ | | | |__ | | \ | |/
| \ | | | | | | \ | |\
| | | | | | | | \ | | \
|___/ L____ \___/ |_____ ___|___ | \| | \
PRODUCTIONS

Here's a hint: support = support.

<shameless self promotion>follow me! follow me! follow me! love my stuff! love my stuff! love my stuff! follow me! love my stuff! remix my stuff! follow me! follow me! </shameless self promotion>
All4one
Scratcher
1000+ posts

How about Tahoma? It's not too bold, but not too formal.

derpmeup
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Blueinkproductions wrote:

derpmeup wrote:

Well, I think what they meant was switching every letter of the font - just making one letter look different wouldn't be that big of a change.

Last edited by derpmeup (June 13, 2014 15:26:58)

hey bro that's a pretty good meme xD!
Shyguydude
Scratcher
82 posts

derpmeup wrote:

derpmeup wrote:

Well, I think what they meant was switching every letter of the font - just making one letter look different wouldn't be that big of a change.
That's okay too.

Sonic the hedgehog fan
STH2006 is a good game

Here's a website about my project ideas
Here is the best user ever
WafflezOnAStick
Scratcher
100+ posts

Firedrake969 wrote:

What about Times New Roman?
Times New Roman is a bit too… historic-looking. How about… *searches on Dafont.com* Komika Text?

WafflezOnAStick
Scratcher
100+ posts

All4one wrote:

How about Tahoma? It's not too bold, but not too formal.
YESH!

AonymousGuy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

derpmeup wrote:

derpmeup wrote:

Wouldn't that require some fancy CSS? And some JavaScript to convert the CSS? I'll look at what that looks like:

It kind of looks weird.
Jbear_
Scratcher
1000+ posts

8 year bump

My best project ever. Please Rate And suggest.

(Unrelated)
in memory of Celly.
YtArie5
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I don't understand how I and l is a problem tho?

Last edited by YtArie5 (March 7, 2022 17:16:38)

everything below is my signature, it appears under everything I post.

(Y::undefined)(T::variables)(A::control)(R::operators)(I::sensing)(E::motion)(5::looks) ::extension 

Outside I'm smiling but inside I'm sans the skeleton

Why are you here you extension user!?!?

[quote=Future Paddle2see]Please create a separate topic for each suggestion you have, rather than creating a list of suggestions. That way, the conversation stays focused and each idea can get the attention it needs.

Before making a new topic, please check out the following:
[list][url=https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/657522/]The Suggestions Directory.[/url] If your suggestion is in this list, please continue the discussion in the existing topic, rather than making a new topic.[/list]
[list]
[url=https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/343602/]The Official List of Rejected Suggestions.[/url] If your suggestion is in this list, please do not make a new topic about it, as it will not be implemented anyway.
[/list]
Thank you![/quote]

Please only create new threads here if you're a New Scratcher introducing yourself the community. Check out [url=https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/399690/]Making a guide/welcome topic? Please read this first![/url]
AIGamesDeveloper
Scratcher
1000+ posts

YtArie5 wrote:

possibly impersonation

AIGamesDeveloper in big 2024.
YtArie5
Scratcher
1000+ posts

AIGamesDeveloper wrote:

YtArie5 wrote:

possibly impersonation

Can't you just report impersonators?

everything below is my signature, it appears under everything I post.

(Y::undefined)(T::variables)(A::control)(R::operators)(I::sensing)(E::motion)(5::looks) ::extension 

Outside I'm smiling but inside I'm sans the skeleton

Why are you here you extension user!?!?

[quote=Future Paddle2see]Please create a separate topic for each suggestion you have, rather than creating a list of suggestions. That way, the conversation stays focused and each idea can get the attention it needs.

Before making a new topic, please check out the following:
[list][url=https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/657522/]The Suggestions Directory.[/url] If your suggestion is in this list, please continue the discussion in the existing topic, rather than making a new topic.[/list]
[list]
[url=https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/343602/]The Official List of Rejected Suggestions.[/url] If your suggestion is in this list, please do not make a new topic about it, as it will not be implemented anyway.
[/list]
Thank you![/quote]

Please only create new threads here if you're a New Scratcher introducing yourself the community. Check out [url=https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/399690/]Making a guide/welcome topic? Please read this first![/url]
AIGamesDeveloper
Scratcher
1000+ posts

YtArie5 wrote:

AIGamesDeveloper wrote:

YtArie5 wrote:

possibly impersonation

Can't you just report impersonators?

yeah but people are still irritated by this

AIGamesDeveloper in big 2024.
mumu245
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Roboto Mono? That one has different I / l and 0 / O

select this text then press Ctrl+Shift+Down to read more
Jackson49_test
Scratcher
100+ posts

Bump
k0d3rrr
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bumping this topic because I'm helpful.
This would be very useful for finding out if someone is an impersonator or the real account.

Sure, you can tell the difference between “rrr”, “rr”, and “m”, but you can't tell the difference between I and l.

5 forum tips:
  1. If you are reporting a new forumer's topic to be closed, or moved to another forum, don't mention it, because then, the topic creator will think they will receive either an alert or a ban.

2. New forumers won't immediately know the rules or terminology of the forums. I have seen this happen hundreds of times (exaggeratedly), especially when experienced forumers (I won't name any) tell new forumers that they are "necroposting", which is when someone posts on an old and resolved topic (especially in the Questions about Scratch forum), causing said topic to be moved to the front page of that forum.

3. Using Scratchblocks as a writing style is not blockspam, unless it is irrelevant to the discussion. For example, this

ExampleScratcher1 wrote:

How do I make a smooth gliding animation?
    when green flag clicked
    repeat until <(my question) = [answered]>
    ask [How do I make a smooth gliding animation?] and wait
    end
    say [Thank you!]
    is not blockspam, but this

ExampleScratcher2 wrote:

when green flag clicked
    move (58) steps
    play sound [Stock Laughter Sound Effect HD - 1 Hour v]
    forever
    play sound [Stock Screaming Sound Effect HD - 1 Hour v]
    switch backdrop to [internet v]
    say [i broke the internet] for (2) secs
    turn cw (15) degrees
    go to [nearby restaurant v]
    next costume
    end
    is blockspam, which should be reported.

4. Even if you name your topic something like “ignore” or “DON'T POST ON HERE IF YOU AREN'T A MEMBER OF OUR GROUP!”, people will still post on your topic because topics are meant to be viewed by everyone.

5. Just be respectful at all times.
k0d3rrr
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nothing is permanent.

Last edited by k0d3rrr (May 26, 2022 00:51:09)

5 forum tips:
  1. If you are reporting a new forumer's topic to be closed, or moved to another forum, don't mention it, because then, the topic creator will think they will receive either an alert or a ban.

2. New forumers won't immediately know the rules or terminology of the forums. I have seen this happen hundreds of times (exaggeratedly), especially when experienced forumers (I won't name any) tell new forumers that they are "necroposting", which is when someone posts on an old and resolved topic (especially in the Questions about Scratch forum), causing said topic to be moved to the front page of that forum.

3. Using Scratchblocks as a writing style is not blockspam, unless it is irrelevant to the discussion. For example, this

ExampleScratcher1 wrote:

How do I make a smooth gliding animation?
    when green flag clicked
    repeat until <(my question) = [answered]>
    ask [How do I make a smooth gliding animation?] and wait
    end
    say [Thank you!]
    is not blockspam, but this

ExampleScratcher2 wrote:

when green flag clicked
    move (58) steps
    play sound [Stock Laughter Sound Effect HD - 1 Hour v]
    forever
    play sound [Stock Screaming Sound Effect HD - 1 Hour v]
    switch backdrop to [internet v]
    say [i broke the internet] for (2) secs
    turn cw (15) degrees
    go to [nearby restaurant v]
    next costume
    end
    is blockspam, which should be reported.

4. Even if you name your topic something like “ignore” or “DON'T POST ON HERE IF YOU AREN'T A MEMBER OF OUR GROUP!”, people will still post on your topic because topics are meant to be viewed by everyone.

5. Just be respectful at all times.