Discuss Scratch

tenzinmishti
Scratcher
500+ posts

The "Does Anyone Else Like/Know About This?" Thread

I have two:
  • Soul Series/Soulcalibur - A fantasy weapon-based fighting game published by Bandai Namco. Specifically looking for people who are obsessed with Grøh, the dude in my pfp, like me
  • Arknights - A tower defense game developed by Hypergryph and published by Yostar.

Has anyone else heard of these and are invested into these? I would LOVE if these two games had topics.

♠ tenzin || she/her || 14-16 || multifandom ♠
♠ side account (for now): @jack0f_spades
♠ experimental account: @Tenzinmishti_test
♠ Grøh from the Soulcalibur series has to be one of the best waifus out there. He's beautiful. You can't change my mind.
B0o0lean
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Dead forum but eh

infowler is pretty cool, they're two musicians from washington (state) and ireland who make some of the best music i've heard in a while. criminally underrated, all of their compositions are like a mix of edm and pop music and i'm all for it

haha different dance eight it's no longer å i changed it how does that feel

i go by pyrei/pyra btw, b0o0lean is a stupid username idk why i named myself that
Interstellar-TV
Scratcher
100+ posts

ladybug789 wrote:

I'm gonna make a list, if that's ok:
  • Ruby Gloom - A cartoon about a group of friends that live together (which include a bat, a skeleton, a one-eyed girl, and a crow) and the adventures they get up to. I have a soft spot for it because it's something I've watched since I was young. The characters are really creative, the dialogue is funny, and it's overall just a very cute, comforting show!
  • Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children - A book series about a boy whose grandfather used to tell stories about kids with odd powers and abilities that he used to live with. He always thought the stories were fake, until he ended up finding the kids living in a time loop, so he begins to learn more about what happened to them and who they are. It's been a while since I've read any of the books in this series, so that summary isn't the best it could be, but this series is very well-written, and you really grow to love the characters.
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel - Two shows set in the same universe. BtVS is about the life of a girl who was chosen to fight against vampires and demons, and Angel is about a vampire from Buffy who has his soul, or his ability to feel guilt or remorse for his actions, starting up a supernatural detective agency to pay for what he did when he was soulless. Both shows have incredibly developed characters, an excellent balance of humor and drama, and gripping storylines, and I would absolutely recommend them to anyone!
  • Community - A sitcom about a study group at a community college. Wow, this show is hilarious! Whether the plot is a normal college event or a crazy homage to another genre, it never loses its unique sense of humor. It's also really interesting to watch how the characters grow and develop over the seasons of the show.
  • Julie and the Phantoms - A show about a girl who didn't have the courage to make music after her mom died, but when she tries to listen to a CD, she accidentally summons the ghosts of the band. They help her to get back into singing and playing piano, and when they find out that they can become visible when playing with her, they form a band. It's not the best show in existence, but the soundtrack is great, it gets pretty emotional at times, the characters are fun, the dialogue is funny, and it just makes me happy
  • Ghost of the Robot - A rock band that was formed in 2002(?). I started listening to it because the actor for Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer is in it, but they've got some pretty good songs!
  • Kero Kero Bonito - A band formed in 2011 that makes songs using both English and Japanese. Yes, they made the song Flamingo, but they have a lot of other good songs that are worth a listen! They switched genres over the years, from a J-pop inspired, cutesy feel to a more mellow, indie vibe, but I think both phases have good songs.
  • Little Witch Academia - An anime about a girl with no magical background going to a school for witches. The art style of this show is absolutely beautiful, it's a pretty funny show, and it has a pretty interesting story as well.
I actually started a Community topic a while back and it never got any responses! I love that show! Here's the link if anyone's interested: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/632775/

► INTERSTELLAR-TV ◄

“Meatballs, tasty”

~Jonathan Coulton

Maker of art, songs, and other various nonsense
ladybug789
Scratcher
56 posts

Interstellar-TV wrote:

ladybug789 wrote:

• Ruby Gloom - A cartoon about a group of friends that live together (which include a bat, a skeleton, a one-eyed girl, and a crow) and the adventures they get up to. I have a soft spot for it because it's something I've watched since I was young. The characters are really creative, the dialogue is funny, and it's overall just a very cute, comforting show!
  • Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children - A book series about a boy whose grandfather used to tell stories about kids with odd powers and abilities that he used to live with. He always thought the stories were fake, until he ended up finding the kids living in a time loop, so he begins to learn more about what happened to them and who they are. It's been a while since I've read any of the books in this series, so that summary isn't the best it could be, but this series is very well-written, and you really grow to love the characters.
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel - Two shows set in the same universe. BtVS is about the life of a girl who was chosen to fight against vampires and demons, and Angel is about a vampire from Buffy who has his soul, or his ability to feel guilt or remorse for his actions, starting up a supernatural detective agency to pay for what he did when he was soulless. Both shows have incredibly developed characters, an excellent balance of humor and drama, and gripping storylines, and I would absolutely recommend them to anyone!
  • Community - A sitcom about a study group at a community college. Wow, this show is hilarious! Whether the plot is a normal college event or a crazy homage to another genre, it never loses its unique sense of humor. It's also really interesting to watch how the characters grow and develop over the seasons of the show.
  • Julie and the Phantoms - A show about a girl who didn't have the courage to make music after her mom died, but when she tries to listen to a CD, she accidentally summons the ghosts of the band. They help her to get back into singing and playing piano, and when they find out that they can become visible when playing with her, they form a band. It's not the best show in existence, but the soundtrack is great, it gets pretty emotional at times, the characters are fun, the dialogue is funny, and it just makes me happy
  • Ghost of the Robot - A rock band that was formed in 2002(?). I started listening to it because the actor for Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer is in it, but they've got some pretty good songs!
  • Kero Kero Bonito - A band formed in 2011 that makes songs using both English and Japanese. Yes, they made the song Flamingo, but they have a lot of other good songs that are worth a listen! They switched genres over the years, from a J-pop inspired, cutesy feel to a more mellow, indie vibe, but I think both phases have good songs.
  • Little Witch Academia - An anime about a girl with no magical background going to a school for witches. The art style of this show is absolutely beautiful, it's a pretty funny show, and it has a pretty interesting story as well.
I actually started a Community topic a while back and it never got any responses! I love that show! Here's the link if anyone's interested: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/632775/
That's so cool!! I love that show so much, I'll go check that thread out right away!

Just a fandom obsessed nerd who's trying to survive school (and life in general)

“Quickly, to the Angel-mobile, away!”
pkhead
Scratcher
1000+ posts

does anyone know who pilotredsun is? i mean his animations aren't particularly notable or life changing or anything. they're usually just comedic and surreal. but i do like his electronic music alot.
ladybug789
Scratcher
56 posts

If you're a fan of I DONT KNOW HOW BUT THEY FOUND ME and/or The Brobecks, I'd love to chat I'm not really sure how to describe them cause I'm really bad with genres, but they're both bands that Dallon Weekes did the vocals and songwriting for. (I think he did the bass for both too, but don't quote me on that XD I know he does it for iDKHOW) iDKHOW actually has some lore attached to it: they're a band that was, according to the story, active from the ‘60s-’80s until they fell into obscurity. Someone found some tapes of them, though, so now people can find them again. The Brobecks doesn't have a story like that, but they're still one of my favorite bands and have produced some absolute bangers X3 Definitely go check them both out!

Last edited by ladybug789 (Nov. 26, 2022 05:03:32)

Just a fandom obsessed nerd who's trying to survive school (and life in general)

greatman1111
Scratcher
100+ posts

thegamesarefake is a YouTube channel that posts videos of fake games, which look like they were made in the 1990s to the early 2010s. It's interesting and I'm posting it here because very few Scratchers know about it. (feel free to make a topic when it has enough recognition!) My signature must become a trend!!!

This is a signature.
This protects my signature from evil kumquats
DifferentDance8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

greatman1111 wrote:

thegamesarefake is a YouTube channel that posts videos of fake games, which look like they were made in the 1990s to the early 2010s. It's interesting and I'm posting it here because very few Scratchers know about it. (feel free to make a topic when it has enough recognition!)
This seems borderline creepypasta like.

Mod's Protogen Maker v2 released. I will update it when I will update it
greatman1111
Scratcher
100+ posts

DifferentDance8 wrote:

greatman1111 wrote:

thegamesarefake is a YouTube channel that posts videos of fake games, which look like they were made in the 1990s to the early 2010s. It's interesting and I'm posting it here because very few Scratchers know about it. (feel free to make a topic when it has enough recognition!)
I don't think it is a creepypasta. Most, if not all, of the videos aren't creepy, it's just a random YouTube channel posting videos of games that don't exist.

This is a signature.
ladybug789
Scratcher
56 posts

greatman1111 wrote:

DifferentDance8 wrote:

greatman1111 wrote:

I don't think it is a creepypasta. Most, if not all, of the videos aren't creepy, it's just a random YouTube channel posting videos of games that don't exist.
Sounds pretty interesting! :0

greatman1111
Scratcher
100+ posts

ladybug789 wrote:

greatman1111 wrote:

DifferentDance8 wrote:

greatman1111 wrote:

Sounds pretty interesting! :0
I find it interesting too. That's why I brought it up in the first place.

This is a signature.
greatman1111
Scratcher
100+ posts

bump (and someone will make a topic on thegamesarefake, once it gets a lot of recognition)

This is a signature.
greatman1111
Scratcher
100+ posts

bump x2 (soon there will be topics about these)

This is a signature.
DifferentDance8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

greatman1111 wrote:

DifferentDance8 wrote:

greatman1111 wrote:

The very first video I see in the list has “creepy” in it's name, so in my eyes… it's a creepypasta.

greatman1111
Scratcher
100+ posts

DifferentDance8 wrote:

greatman1111 wrote:

DifferentDance8 wrote:

greatman1111 wrote:

The very first video I see in the list has “creepy” in it's name, so in my eyes… it's a creepypasta.
it is about a fake shovelware game. not creepy at all.

This is a signature.
hummeaud000
Scratcher
28 posts

ladybug789 wrote:

dinoqueen wrote:

hi! nice icon!! want to join the pokemon violet / scarlet club?

Im Hummeaud000, A great coder, and a nice guy.
Find me at: @hummeaud000 (My main account, I post Games and Animations)

Find my alt(s) at: @hummeaud000_tutorial (For Tutorials. It's NOT an alt of @Pusha432) -AND- @hummeaud000_test (for engines of random stuff.)

when green flag clicked
forever
if <I am not eating> then
set [ what I am doing] to [gaming]
else
if <I am not gaming>
set [emotion] to [Sad and bored]
end
hummeaud000
Scratcher
28 posts

hi! nice icon! would you join the pokemon violet/scarlet cluub?

Last edited by hummeaud000 (Nov. 29, 2022 10:33:00)

Find my alt(s) at: @hummeaud000_tutorial (For Tutorials. It's NOT an alt of @Pusha432) -AND- @hummeaud000_test (for engines of random stuff.)

when green flag clicked
forever
else
if <I am not gaming>
end
hummeaud000
Scratcher
28 posts

ladybug789 wrote:

Interstellar-TV wrote:

ladybug789 wrote:

That's so cool!! I love that show so much, I'll go check that thread out right away!

hi! do you want to join the pokemon violet/scarlet club?

Last edited by hummeaud000 (Nov. 29, 2022 10:35:54)

when green flag clicked
forever
else
if <I am not gaming>
end
DifferentDance8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

greatman1111 wrote:

DifferentDance8 wrote:

greatman1111 wrote:

DifferentDance8 wrote:

greatman1111 wrote:

I meant that video that says something like “creepy gaming mysteries”.

greatman1111
Scratcher
100+ posts

DifferentDance8 wrote:

greatman1111 wrote:

DifferentDance8 wrote:

greatman1111 wrote:

DifferentDance8 wrote:

greatman1111 wrote:

I meant that video that says something like “creepy gaming mysteries”.
It is NOT creepy, despite it being called “creepy_gaming_3.wmv”. It's just clickbait.

This is a signature.