MLGluckcat
Scratcher
30 posts

Things I'm Reading and Playing Tips || Creating, Managing, & Posting

superclass43 wrote:

Honeyfall wrote:

MayorMare wrote:

Is there a way to search the forums?
I want to create a topic, but I need to see if it is a duplicate first.
A search bar would help!

No, there currently isn't although you can go to the link above, or the directories are always helpful.
I could suggest that in suggestions?

superclass43 wrote:

Honeyfall wrote:

MayorMare wrote:

A search bar would help!

No, there currently isn't although you can go to the link above, or the directories are always helpful.
lol
MLGluckcat
Scratcher
30 posts

superclass43 wrote:

Honeyfall wrote:

MayorMare wrote:

A search bar would help!

superclass43 wrote:

Honeyfall wrote:

MayorMare wrote:

A search bar would help!

weed need seach plz
Snowslash_
Scratcher
32 posts

I know this is random, but are you sad? If yes, watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsRJL02miRA
Elsadea
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Watermelon7061 wrote:

why when i search up meme in scratch it shows furrys everywhere i can only find 1 or 2 things that are a real MEME:| 

i am
waiting till i get help because why am i saying this
idk

My signature buttons were made by Lightning Studios 3.0

< (.v. :: #3a42b0) :: #2c056b > // This is PoggrB), my kumquat protecter :D

If you see this in my signature,

You have been greeted by Charibasa
A nice future will come to you
only if you comment “Thanks Charibasa” on my profile.
fireball2009
Scratcher
100+ posts

I am reading some books and playing with my brothers. I play Forza street.

The Kumquat struck out my signature. YOURS WILL BE EATEN NEXT!
sunshine_chipmunk
Scratcher
4 posts

Thanks for making this it was really helpful.
Honeyfall
New to Scratch
81 posts

MLGluckcat wrote:

i need a search bar in the fourms plz scratch team[

There's probably a ton of duplicates in the suggestions forums and I'm not sure if the ST are working on it currently but every forum does have a handy directory full of active topics you can use to find something! Here is a guide to duplicates for the suggestions forum only but I believe it also includes a link to a search bar, hope this helps for a temporary solution!

sunshine_chipmunk wrote:

Thanks for making this it was really helpful.

No problem! Glad you found it helpful.
Ahinoam_Gar
Scratcher
3 posts

Hi I was thinking about making a I am scratch hero book. or like online in scratch.

Ahinoam_Gar
MwattyMan
Scratcher
17 posts

Honeyfall wrote:

Creating A Thread
-Make sure your thread isn't a duplicate. Those will be closed, and they clutter up the forum unnecessarily.
-Make sure your thread has a clear topic. It will make it easier to keep your discussion on track and not wind off. Don't make it too specific, as if it is other Scratchers may make another topic partially concerning yours. An example would be a character from a book or movie. You could easily start a topic about the whole book or movie, as that would be more specific.
-Make sure your thread follows community guidelines. This will make sure your topic is community-friendly and appropriate.
-Make sure your thread won't start a fight. Your topic should not be about anything possibly offensive, such as politics.
-Make sure your topic is something you understand. It will make it easier to manager it.
-Make sure you don't create too many threads at once. This clutters the forums.
-Become familiar with the Guidelines for the Reading and Playing Forum. This is most important and will most likely help your topic follow all of these tips.
Managing A Thread
-Don't follow your thread, especially if it's a big topic. I wouldn't recommend this, as most of the discussion will be between other Scratchers and you'll get notified every time.
-Check in on your thread every once in a while. If there are any offensive posts, report them. Settle any possible arguements, and get your topic back on track if necessary.
-Add your topic to the directory. It will prevent others from making duplicates and show the community you've made a thread about this topic.
-Don't put too many rules in place. Other than following community guidelines and keeping the topic on track, let other Scratchers chat and help each other out.
-Add your topic to the directory. That will help it get noticed, and find other Scratchers who share your interests.

Above all, try to let your thread manage itself. There are a community of helpful Scratchers who share your interests and will most likely report offensive things and keep the topic on track. You are the creator, but the community leads the discussion.
Posting In A Thread
-Don't post off topic. It's annoying to other Scratchers who share your interests. If you can't find a thread to talk about your topic, create one!
-Don't post anything offensive. It could lead to arguements, and that's not what this forum is for.
-Follow the Community Guidelines. That'll help keep the discussion child-friendly.
-Don't post too many times. If you're answering someones question or talking to someone, put it in one big post. Too many can make it confusing and cluttered. It also makes it hard for other Scratchers to understand what you're saying.
-Help keep the topic friendly and on track. Not everyone will catch / report innappropriate things, and don't go along with it. Reporting a post is the right thing to do. You should also tell the Scratcher where they went wrong.
Thanks to everyone for helping me get this noticed!

Yeah I know, most posts just have 1 sentence or someone saying something simple because they made the topic a few years ago

Hey; I'm MwattyMan

☆ 12 y/o
☆ he/him
☆ gamer
☆ coder
☆ bookworm
☆ tech enthusiast
Tornado1013
Scratcher
31 posts

What is this topic on?
when green flag clicked
say [???]
Tornado1013
Scratcher
31 posts

Wait, i understand now.
Tornado1013, 9 y/o, gamer, genius (kind of lol)
Milkysplash
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Heyo everyone! Glory/Ally has given me permission to make a 2.0; permission was given here, and reasons were given (this was done on a site outside of scratch; but I have proof)

“are you sure you're not jewish?” - howard, tbbt

If you made it down here, if something's hard, rember, it's not rocket science.
- - -
out of contextness

i actually feel sorry for a traffic bollard, bbc news you are too good at your job

“Ground?”
“Plane?”

yeo - I MEAN YEP NOT YEO I DID NOT SAY YEO YOGURT
- - -
*jams to the Every Tube Station Song*