Discuss Scratch

Tropic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 2.0 Modding for Newbs

MegaApuTurkUltra wrote:

You can see where a link goes by hovering over the link (or long-pressing on Android. For iOS, I guess you just need to get an Android ;)).
Android is good, but you can actually long-press on a link on iOS too

My browser / operating system: Windows NT 10.0, Firefox 40.0.2, Flash 20.0 (release 0)
Last eaten by Evil Kumquat (Today 19:30:11)
when I receive [flash_player_version] :: motion
say [Windows 7, Flash 15.0 (release 0)] :: sensing
stop script :: custom
Tropical Productions
MegaApuTurkUltra
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Tropic wrote:

MegaApuTurkUltra wrote:

You can see where a link goes by hovering over the link (or long-pressing on Android. For iOS, I guess you just need to get an Android ;)).
Android is good, but you can actually long-press on a link on iOS too
Ah, OK. The last ios I've used is ios 7 (safari, ipad 2)

$(".box-head")[0].textContent = "committing AT crimes since $whenever"
paulweb2
New to Scratch
1 post

Tejanshu wrote:

My apologies, I realize that the images have to be there physically in the first place, for them to reflect in the library. Which brings me to the next question :

I can see the images for sprites in the original offline editor in the c:\<path to scratch 2>\media\ directory. Can I just copy those images to the mod directory to check if they can load?

I know, I am being a stickler, but I really want to figure this out.

Thanks,
T K
TK, Did you ever figure this one out. I'm at that same point right now. Are the library sprites / backdrops included with the offline version or actually loaded from a server?

Thanks

Paul
NoMod-Programming
Scratcher
1000+ posts

paulweb2 wrote:

Tejanshu wrote:

My apologies, I realize that the images have to be there physically in the first place, for them to reflect in the library. Which brings me to the next question :

I can see the images for sprites in the original offline editor in the c:\<path to scratch 2>\media\ directory. Can I just copy those images to the mod directory to check if they can load?

I know, I am being a stickler, but I really want to figure this out.

Thanks,
T K
TK, Did you ever figure this one out. I'm at that same point right now. Are the library sprites / backdrops included with the offline version or actually loaded from a server?

Thanks

Paul
The backdrops and library sprites are included with the offline version, however AFAIK, they are specially coded in to a MediaLibraryOnline (or something to that effect) in the code.

Long-since moved on from Scratch, if you need to find all my posts, search this in google: 3499447a51c01fc4dc1e8c3b8182b41cb0e88c67
PkmnQ
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Good, but what about the scratch 1.4 one? can you explain that in a seperate post?

This is an account that exists.

Here, have a useful link:
The Official List of Rejected Suggestions by Za-Chary

awesome5185
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Don't think I'm ready for modding just yet! But'll I'll defiantly look into this in the future!

Regards,
awesome5185

Featured Studio!
Ask Ouija!
Ask a question and get your answers one. letter. at. a. time. Join now!

; Santa Claus and Mrs Claus wanted to get a devorce. However, being in the north pole, there was no one there to help them do that. So they used a semi colon instead; they are great for seperating two independent clauses.
ChatUser2
Scratcher
100+ posts

I think the name “Scratch 2.0 Modding for Noobs” is better for this topic.

My cloud draw project (64x64, 12 colors): https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/147125133/
MegaApuTurkUltra
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ChatUser2 wrote:

I think the name “Scratch 2.0 Modding for Noobs” is better for this topic.
Contrary to the belief of many, a noob/n00b and a newbie/newb are not the same thing. Newbs are those who are new to some task* and are very beginner at it, possibly a little overconfident about it, but they are willing to learn and fix their errors to move out of that stage. n00bs, on the other hand, know little and have no will to learn any more. They expect people to do the work for them and then expect to get praised about it, and make up a unique species of their own. It is the latter we will study in this guide so that the reader is prepared to encounter them in the wild if needed.
Urban Dictionary entry for “noob”

ChatUser2
Scratcher
100+ posts

MegaApuTurkUltra wrote:

I urgently always wanted to meet you! I'm MegaApuTurkUltra!
Thanks for meeting me. I'm a newer version of 24691357 and I suggest you to improve your Minimum Scratch block list. A new workaround for pick random!
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/195968/

My cloud draw project (64x64, 12 colors): https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/147125133/
MegaApuTurkUltra
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ChatUser2 wrote:

MegaApuTurkUltra wrote:

Thanks for meeting me. I'm a newer version of 24691357 and I suggest you to improve your Minimum Scratch block list. A new workaround for pick random!
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/195968/

Jonathan50
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ChatUser2 wrote:

MegaApuTurkUltra wrote:

Are you sure that's what he/she said…?

Not yet a Knight of the Mu Calculus.
EDO2012
Scratcher
100+ posts

how do you add and remove categories?

proffessor4
Scratcher
100+ posts

EDO2012 wrote:

how do you add and remove categories?

search in the earlier comment's (first page to twenty-ninth page).
I saw how to but I don't remember where.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
My browser / operating system: Windys NOT 100.0, Edgy 51.zer0.2704.79, Flush 204.0 (release NULL)

Last edited by proffessor4 (Jan. 21, 2017 13:52:06)

my best platformer
my github site

proffessor4 wrote:

if nobody else is going to do it, why not be the first?
siri the chatbot is an NSA spy
anyways, if you want some mild entertainment, try saving the internet (click this link for the forum that will help you)
proffessor4
Scratcher
100+ posts

does anyone think that we are going to need to use assembly code?

it might help write the mod, but as in the wikapedia article(this is a link to that wikapedia article)
it is not very portable.

still, assembly is usefull for writing applications.

Last edited by proffessor4 (Jan. 21, 2017 14:06:26)

my best platformer
my github site

proffessor4 wrote:

anyways, if you want some mild entertainment, try saving the internet (click this link for the forum that will help you)
Tropic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

proffessor4 wrote:

it might help write the mod, but as in the wikapedia article(this is a link to that wikapedia article)
it is not very portable.

Assembly is good for making performance critical applications since it runs very quickly, however it can take quite a while to program larger programs with it

My browser / operating system: Windows NT 10.0, Firefox 40.0.2, Flash 20.0 (release 0)
Last eaten by Evil Kumquat (Today 19:30:11)
when I receive [flash_player_version] :: motion
say [Windows 7, Flash 15.0 (release 0)] :: sensing
stop script :: custom
Tropical Productions
Jonathan50
Scratcher
1000+ posts

proffessor4 wrote:

You shouldn't need too, because Scratch is written in AS3.

(You could write Flash Assembly, which is assembled to Flash Bytecode which can be run on any PC with Flash, but it's probably not worth the effort. The AS3 compiler will do that for you.)

Last edited by Jonathan50 (Jan. 21, 2017 21:30:17)

Not yet a Knight of the Mu Calculus.
proffessor4
Scratcher
100+ posts

Jonathan50 wrote:

proffessor4 wrote:

You shouldn't need too, because Scratch is written in AS3.
true.

Last edited by proffessor4 (Jan. 21, 2017 22:56:41)

my best platformer
my github site

proffessor4 wrote:

proffessor4
Scratcher
100+ posts

Tropic wrote:

proffessor4 wrote:

it is not very portable.

Assembly is good for making performance critical applications since it runs very quickly, however it can take quite a while to program larger programs with it

true.

my best platformer
my github site

proffessor4 wrote:

drew3452
New to Scratch
12 posts

I download and compile scratch 2 flash source code version as given at the very top of this forum.
When I do “Add an Extension” I add the PicoBoard extensions (and also try the LEGO WeDo extensions)
The title of the extension shows up but there are no blocks loaded in the extension. It looks like this (I try open and closing the extension, blocks never appear)

http://tinypic.com/r/1nydrk/9

When I download and run the already compiled scratch2 offine editor, the extension blocks for PicoBoard and LEGO WeDo show up fine, like this:

http://tinypic.com/r/2lwrrma/9

As another possibly important clue, when doing the “add extension” from the already compiled editor, there is a picture with the PicoBoard and LEGO hardware. But when doing the “add extension” from the scratch 2 flash source code , the names PicoBoard , LEGO WeDo are there but no picture of the hardware.

Questions–
For this scratch 2 flash base code, should I download the extensions somewhere else and put them in the code somewhere before compiling?
How to get the extension blocks to appear after adding the extension?

Thanks, I want to make my own extensions but need to get the provided extensions working first.
Drew
tali1665
Scratcher
100+ posts

Looks Like this forum didn't have a post in 2 years!

when green flag clicked
100 posts!
forever
change [excitement v] by (1)
end
60 posts achieved on July 1st, 2017, 11:52 AM.
100 posts achieved on December 18th, 2017, 9:51 AM.
tali1665 has 1 internet. to give an internet, click here.