Discuss Scratch

enderman2265
Scratcher
9 posts

Finding and Developing a Great Idea

rextee33 wrote:

I STILL DONT HAVE ANY IDEAS! can someone pls givean idea, easy but interesting

Well i suggest you remix a game and add some big changes to it to make the game more interesting.

Make sure you credit the original creator

when [ Remix] key pressed
broadcast [ Great Game]

Last edited by enderman2265 (Dec. 7, 2021 15:38:39)

Enderman2265
GTR_PoleStar
Scratcher
10 posts

These aren't ideas for a project, but for improving scratch, some are from my friend
1. Being able to work on a project together
This feature is in need as working on a collab project by having to develop on different projects then putting it together is way to complicated, if scratchers could work together on a project that be much better.
2. More blocks
Sometimes, scratch really does have some limits to what we can do, if scratch 4.0 ever comes out, we need more blocks, like effects blocks
3. Deleting mail
This is something scratch needs, definitely, my inbox is filled with a lot of junk and i really need to clean it out.
Xzlx12345
New to Scratch
11 posts

gametherorist_45 wrote:

I am struggling to think about how to do my oc animation called axolotl oshen

hmm you can make a story with your OC

xzlx12345

MY PROFILE

Forum Posts Made: 0

Bye! OwO
KLC_TAN
New to Scratch
2 posts

Paddle2See wrote:

Very cool! Thanks for sharing your step-by-step process. I hope it helps others spark that creative flame
Thankyou. It really helped me.
rxseliiqht
Scratcher
6 posts

i haven't personally tried this, but i hope it helps lots of people!
sweetment
Scratcher
96 posts

Check out my profile you will find tons of good projects

@sweetment
Kitten-da-Cat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Agzam4 wrote:

xdirect wrote:

Have you ever created a new project, only to realize that you have no idea what to make? What did you do? Scroll through Scratch projects? Tell your followers that you need ideas? If you're reading this, you probably visited Scratch's Discussion Forums, hoping that someone's post will help spark an idea.

Well, I hope this post is the one that will help you figure out what to make next! Here are my fail-proof (ish) steps to finding and developing an awesome project (or studio!) idea.

Step 1 - Browse

Exploring Scratch and viewing different projects can help you find ideas. (Psst! You can click here to start browsing!) If you're looking for ideas on what art to make, browse through art projects. If you want to make a game, explore the “games” section. Find a few projects that look interesting, then open them in a new tab. Once you find one or more projects you like, move on to the next step.

Pro tip! If you're a comic artist, animator, writer or musician on Scratch, it might be hard to find projects you like and/or find interesting. If that happens, turn to Youtube, Webtoons.com (if you're a comic artist), Wattpad (for writers), or any other media-sharing website, find something that you like, then move on to the next step.

Step 2 - Ask Questions

Once you find a project you like, ask the following questions about it:
  • What is this project about?
  • What do I like about this project?
  • What do I not like about this project?
  • What features do I wish were in this project? What would I have added or changed if I was the creator of this project?
Once you've answered all (or most) of these questions, move on to step 3.

Step 3 - Write and Repeat

Create a new Scratch project and write down the answers to the questions above in the project's description. Alternatively, put your notes in a Microsoft Word file, notebook, or anywhere else you can safely keep your ideas. I prefer to create a separate, unshared Scratch project entirely for project and studio ideas.

Once you have a place to keep your notes, repeat Steps 1 and 2 several times. Keep exploring and finding sources of inspiration, asking questions about them, then writing down notes. As you do this, you will eventually have small sparks of inspiration. Quickly note down any ideas that come to your brain, or you might lose them!

Step 4 - Develop Your Idea

Once you have a bunch of ideas written down in the description of a project (or, in your notebook or word-processing program), it's time to begin developing your idea.

Read through your list of ideas and answers, and choose at least one that stands out to you. Are there notes you wrote that gave you an awesome or unique idea? Are there project ideas that excite you that you want to create and share? Are there certain aspects or features you loved in one project that you want to use in your own?

Pro tip! Sometimes when I have a few ideas that are interesting but that I have no motivation to create, I find ways to merge them into one mega-idea, taking an awesome part of one idea and combining it with a cool aspect of another idea. Try it out whenever you're stumped, it really helps!

Step 5 - Create and Credit

Once you have your idea, start working on it! It's easier to work on a project when you're excited about it and have motivation, compared to when you've taken a break and have lost the drive to make your project. If you used someone else's code or idea, be sure to give them credit in your project's Notes and Credits section.

Annnd those are my steps to finding and developing a project idea! Hope this helped!
Feel free to give feedback on my post or let me know if anything was unclear. I appreciate feedback and will gladly answer any questions you might have.

Боюсь у меня это не выйдет :(
Не могу выполнить ни одного пункта, после создания 1000+ проектов
Идеи хорошие приходят очень редко, и тогда план не нужен
I'm afraid it won't work for me :(
I can't complete a single item after creating 1000+ projects
Good ideas come very rarely, and then a plan is not needed.

Signed:
J. N.

Here is my cute cat:
SparklePuppyPonyGirl
Scratcher
74 posts

Wow this is a very nice guide and it helps! Thank you @xdirect!! Also, another tip: Look at the tutorials, and see if anything inspires you, for things like making games, animations, or anything really! It also helps to see what is popular bc it's usually good content and helps me take inspiration to code something

Hi! I'm Sparkle or Stella, I don't really have a preference. I like kawaii, puppies, more puppies, things like unicorns/mermaids, horses, baking, swimming, volleyball, and a ton of other things XD

ohoho, mind checking out my projects? I'd appreciate it!
bigboyty08
Scratcher
12 posts

when green flag clicked
forever
if <> then
<touching [ v] ?>
end
end
filmlover12
Scratcher
100+ posts

Thanks for this! It's a really helpful technique that I've never considered before. I'm going to try and use it for my next project.

The more you read the more you know. The more you learn the more places you go! ~Dr Seuss
|U| :: #c300ff // My siggy protector
My pet blue block:
< ''  .. '' :: sensing> :: motion // This is my pet blue block who is very cute!
#purple is perfect! ::sound
bigboyty08
Scratcher
12 posts

when green flag clicked
set pen color to [#abb6a8]
forever
turn cw () degrees
end
ruler3
Scratcher
21 posts

Hello! If I ever needed an idea for a project, I would look at what's around me; plants, dogs, cats etc. I would get inspiration from these things, like a dog might inspire me to make a game where you look after virtual pets. Plants might inspire me to make a project explaining how to look after plants. If this doesn't help, you could look on the EXPLORE page. This helps because u can see what project's everyone else enjoys. I hope this helped!

☆ Cool ☆ Your ☆ Jets! ☆
~Keith Salford (So Awkward)
zara-writes
Scratcher
99 posts

Cool, but you might want to remove the Wattpad bit (Wattpad can be a little inappropriate)

Tetogamer27
Scratcher
26 posts

If you are reading this post, this means that this is my 25th post.

And today at 12:04:44, UTC-6, I reached 25 posts!

Last edited by Tetogamer27 (May 4, 2022 18:05:05)

(download image to see text)
nubynub
Scratcher
60 posts

when green flag clicked
forever
forever
forever
forever
forever
forever
forever
forever
forever
forever
forever
forever
forever
forever
forever
forever
forever
set [ v] to []
set [ v] to []
define
end
end
end
end
end
end
end
end
end
end
end
end
end
end
end
end
end

13 year old who kinda knows what he’s doing, and likes minecraft. Check out his newest game here! https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/732134205/
define follow me
Hit the blue button on my profile
vialove115
Scratcher
6 posts

Think of Symbolism. Let's say you are making a project with your OC in it. So far you have “They have a sad life”. Okay….So now what. Easily draw the OC crying. etc. but what if we added *Symbolism*! Did your character have depression? Well, slap them in an empty black room. Controlled? Giant hand/plaw but with no face. Emotionless? Grayscale! Now you have a ton more things to draw on your project. Symbolism works on anything, just fire up google and think…
KinoCheck
Scratcher
46 posts

I have a tile game called Worlds… wanna help?
here's the forum link: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/610537/?page=1#post-6371856
michaelbnebo
Scratcher
32 posts

when green flag clicked
forever
ground fix y
if <key [up arrow] pressed?> then
jump (12) that high
end
end
define ground fix y
set [gravity] to [0]
if <not <touching [ground or level] ?>> then
change [gravity] by (1)
change y by (gravity)
end
if <touching [ground or level] ?> then
set [gravity] to [0]
end
define jump (hight) that high
set [gravity] to (hight)
Tutorials_Platformer
Scratcher
8 posts

I'm a pro discuss, so do this:

when I receive [ touch second]
wait until <key [ enter] pressed?>
change [ trees] by (5)
set [ Made by] to [Tutorials_Platform]
repeat until <[ideas\] = [Start]>
clear
end
move (2) steps
_Cookie_The_Wolf_
Scratcher
7 posts

Agzam4 wrote:

xdirect wrote:

Have you ever created a new project, only to realize that you have no idea what to make? What did you do? Scroll through Scratch projects? Tell your followers that you need ideas? If you're reading this, you probably visited Scratch's Discussion Forums, hoping that someone's post will help spark an idea.

Well, I hope this post is the one that will help you figure out what to make next! Here are my fail-proof (ish) steps to finding and developing an awesome project (or studio!) idea.

Step 1 - Browse

Exploring Scratch and viewing different projects can help you find ideas. (Psst! You can click here to start browsing!) If you're looking for ideas on what art to make, browse through art projects. If you want to make a game, explore the “games” section. Find a few projects that look interesting, then open them in a new tab. Once you find one or more projects you like, move on to the next step.

Pro tip! If you're a comic artist, animator, writer or musician on Scratch, it might be hard to find projects you like and/or find interesting. If that happens, turn to Youtube, Webtoons.com (if you're a comic artist), Wattpad (for writers), or any other media-sharing website, find something that you like, then move on to the next step.

Step 2 - Ask Questions

Once you find a project you like, ask the following questions about it:
  • What is this project about?
  • What do I like about this project?
  • What do I not like about this project?
  • What features do I wish were in this project? What would I have added or changed if I was the creator of this project?
Once you've answered all (or most) of these questions, move on to step 3.

Step 3 - Write and Repeat

Create a new Scratch project and write down the answers to the questions above in the project's description. Alternatively, put your notes in a Microsoft Word file, notebook, or anywhere else you can safely keep your ideas. I prefer to create a separate, unshared Scratch project entirely for project and studio ideas.

Once you have a place to keep your notes, repeat Steps 1 and 2 several times. Keep exploring and finding sources of inspiration, asking questions about them, then writing down notes. As you do this, you will eventually have small sparks of inspiration. Quickly note down any ideas that come to your brain, or you might lose them!

Step 4 - Develop Your Idea

Once you have a bunch of ideas written down in the description of a project (or, in your notebook or word-processing program), it's time to begin developing your idea.

Read through your list of ideas and answers, and choose at least one that stands out to you. Are there notes you wrote that gave you an awesome or unique idea? Are there project ideas that excite you that you want to create and share? Are there certain aspects or features you loved in one project that you want to use in your own?

Pro tip! Sometimes when I have a few ideas that are interesting but that I have no motivation to create, I find ways to merge them into one mega-idea, taking an awesome part of one idea and combining it with a cool aspect of another idea. Try it out whenever you're stumped, it really helps!

Step 5 - Create and Credit

Once you have your idea, start working on it! It's easier to work on a project when you're excited about it and have motivation, compared to when you've taken a break and have lost the drive to make your project. If you used someone else's code or idea, be sure to give them credit in your project's Notes and Credits section.

Annnd those are my steps to finding and developing a project idea! Hope this helped!
Feel free to give feedback on my post or let me know if anything was unclear. I appreciate feedback and will gladly answer any questions you might have.

Боюсь у меня это не выйдет :(
Не могу выполнить ни одного пункта, после создания 1000+ проектов
Идеи хорошие приходят очень редко, и тогда план не нужен

Yes I almost never get to finish anything