Discuss Scratch

jemjr5
Scratcher
5 posts

Finding and Developing a Great Idea

Hi, (this is like my first time on a forum in my year and a half on Scratch lol) but I think I have a pretty good project idea for newer Scratchers: so basically its a relativley generic platformer but one player plays with arrow keys and another plays with WASD. They would be different colors but lets say the yellow player could only step on yellow blocks and the blue player can only step on blue blocks. Idk, just a fun easy project to play with friends…

superkrass
Scratcher
25 posts

greenkitten552 wrote:

so cool!
ich brauch Ideen… meldet euch bei mir oder antwortet hier!
HotDogGamerCoder
Scratcher
2 posts

Thanks
CHARLIPAPU
Scratcher
37 posts

very cool
agalati
Scratcher
59 posts

MAKE A 5 STORY HOTEL WITH FREE WIFI!
agalati
Scratcher
59 posts

IF YOU CANT DO THAT READ THIS TUTORIAL https://youtu.be/gnS0rVToh8E?t=8
agalati
Scratcher
59 posts

games-dev
Scratcher
6 posts

Is someone else aloud(have a permission) to use my games to his or her own website
spacebigfan
Scratcher
4 posts

xdirect wrote:

Have you ever created a new project, only to realize that you have no idea what to make? What did you do? Scroll through Scratch projects? Tell your followers that you need ideas? If you're reading this, you probably visited Scratch's Discussion Forums, hoping that someone's post will help spark an idea.

Well, I hope this post is the one that will help you figure out what to make next! Here are my fail-proof (ish) steps to finding and developing an awesome project (or studio!) idea.

Step 1 - Browse

Exploring Scratch and viewing different projects can help you find ideas. (Psst! You can click here to start browsing!) If you're looking for ideas on what art to make, browse through art projects. If you want to make a game, explore the “games” section. Find a few projects that look interesting, then open them in a new tab. Once you find one or more projects you like, move on to the next step.

Pro tip! If you're a comic artist, animator, writer or musician on Scratch, it might be hard to find projects you like and/or find interesting. If that happens, turn to Youtube, Webtoons.com (if you're a comic artist), Wattpad (for writers), or any other media-sharing website, find something that you like, then move on to the next step.

Step 2 - Ask Questions

Once you find a project you like, ask the following questions about it:
  • What is this project about?
  • What do I like about this project?
  • What do I not like about this project?
  • What features do I wish were in this project? What would I have added or changed if I was the creator of this project?
Once you've answered all (or most) of these questions, move on to step 3.

Step 3 - Write and Repeat

Create a new Scratch project and write down the answers to the questions above in the project's description. Alternatively, put your notes in a Microsoft Word file, notebook, or anywhere else you can safely keep your ideas. I prefer to create a separate, unshared Scratch project entirely for project and studio ideas.

Once you have a place to keep your notes, repeat Steps 1 and 2 several times. Keep exploring and finding sources of inspiration, asking questions about them, then writing down notes. As you do this, you will eventually have small sparks of inspiration. Quickly note down any ideas that come to your brain, or you might lose them!

Step 4 - Develop Your Idea

Once you have a bunch of ideas written down in the description of a project (or, in your notebook or word-processing program), it's time to begin developing your idea.

Read through your list of ideas and answers, and choose at least one that stands out to you. Are there notes you wrote that gave you an awesome or unique idea? Are there project ideas that excite you that you want to create and share? Are there certain aspects or features you loved in one project that you want to use in your own?

Pro tip! Sometimes when I have a few ideas that are interesting but that I have no motivation to create, I find ways to merge them into one mega-idea, taking an awesome part of one idea and combining it with a cool aspect of another idea. Try it out whenever you're stumped, it really helps!

Step 5 - Create and Credit

Once you have your idea, start working on it! It's easier to work on a project when you're excited about it and have motivation, compared to when you've taken a break and have lost the drive to make your project. If you used someone else's code or idea, be sure to give them credit in your project's Notes and Credits section.

Annnd those are my steps to finding and developing a project idea! Hope this helped!
Feel free to give feedback on my post or let me know if anything was unclear. I appreciate feedback and will gladly answer any questions you might have.
thanks a lot for this in formation !
bianfaski
Scratcher
7 posts

say [[scratchblocks]
Hello!
[/scratchblocks]] for (2) secs
color [[scratchblocks]
#ffffff
[/scratchblocks]]
text color [[scratchblocks]
[/scratchblocks]]
bianfaski
Scratcher
7 posts

say [Hello!] color [#ffffff] text color [#000000] (2) for secs
bianfaski
Scratcher
7 posts

say [Hello!] color [#ffffff] text color [#000000] for (2) secs
bianfaski
Scratcher
7 posts

Say [Hello!] Tone: (60v)
bianfaski
Scratcher
7 posts

bianfaski
Scratcher
7 posts

bianfaski
Scratcher
7 posts

22jacobn
Scratcher
41 posts

i need ideas, the project needs to be easy to code, that's it, and not too complex, and not with like drawing and stuff, im on a chromebook and have no mouse

show
hi I'm 22jacobn! Go to my profile to see cool, fun and random projects here

ok bye now!
hide
Fortress1206
Scratcher
6 posts

jemjr5 wrote:

Hi, (this is like my first time on a forum in my year and a half on Scratch lol) but I think I have a pretty good project idea for newer Scratchers: so basically its a relativley generic platformer but one player plays with arrow keys and another plays with WASD. They would be different colors but lets say the yellow player could only step on yellow blocks and the blue player can only step on blue blocks. Idk, just a fun easy project to play with friends…

this makes a lot of sense
supergirl_3457
Scratcher
93 posts

This is so helpful!!! (And congrats on getting it sticked!)

Creating a banner/pfp//thumbnail shop!

Please Notify me if interested in Helping

hey boo
Celebrating 2 years of super <3
gametherorist_45
Scratcher
22 posts

I am struggling to think about how to do my oc animation called axolotl oshen