Discuss Scratch

Dragonlord767
Scratcher
1000+ posts

What if the unused accounts get comprimised?

XxShazammxX wrote:

snip
That's basically it.
SNIP YOUR POSTS PEOPLE!!

no signature plz
Scratcher
500+ posts

What if the unused accounts get comprimised?

XxShazammxX wrote:

384207AD wrote:

coder2045 wrote:

cplusscratch wrote:

cheesyfriedeggs wrote:

cplusscratch wrote:

cheesyfriedeggs wrote:

cplusscratch wrote:

coder2045 wrote:

cplusscratch wrote:

imfh wrote:

cplusscratch wrote:

imfh wrote:

cplusscratch wrote:

tnix100 wrote:

cplusscratch wrote:

If these unused accounts like this: https://scratch.mit.edu/users/canada/ get comprimised, will nobody know they are comprimised because they aren't used?
Well, the Scratch Team may be able to tell if it's compromised but to general Scratchers no we can't really tell! Also, I think if the Scratch Team knows it's compromised I think they block the account so no one else can access the account!
In the scenario they do, won't possibly millions of accounts be spamming with vpns?
In the scenario that someone manages to take control of millions of unused Scratch accounts, the main problem is that there is a security hole allowing people to take over accounts. Just because an account is unused doesn't mean it is easy to break into.

It is possible for a few accounts to get hacked every now and then, however. In those cases, if the accounts start doing things they aren't supposed to, the Scratch Team will eventually just ban the account. If the original user comes back on, they can contact the Scratch Team to work things out.
How can scratch ban a million accounts though?
Maybe when unused accounts go online or what?
Like I said, it's not possible for a million Scratch accounts to get compromised at once unless Scratch has a serious security hole. People can't take over millions of accounts by themself; the flaw would have to allow a robots to take over accounts for them. In that case, the bigger problem is preventing moderator accounts and accounts of active Scratchers from being broken into. It's not at all easy to break into inactive Scratch accounts.

If accounts do get compromised, the Scratch Team can just watch the site like normal and whenever accounts start spamming, block them. If a million accounts start spamming, the Scratch Team would probably have to enact some sort of temporary range ip block. If worst came to worst, the Scratch Team could just make everyone into a New Scratcher effectively limiting any accounts that have been compromised.
New scratchers could post all at once to spam.
What does comprimising accounts mean?
To hack an account.
If you don't understand, then don't post. (I made that my signature!)
But what if someone politely asks to know what someone is saying?
Won't that just clutter up the forum post?
That wouldn't be clutter, it would actually be on-topic.
Anyways, lets get back on topic.
If the accounts start doing bad things, they would be banned.
Okay…
That's basically it.
Fun chain. Probably should get closed, though, seeing as this question is answered.

Last edited by 54329 (Nov. 23, 2019 05:45:38)

Click Here To Get Free Loves, Favorites and Follows!!!
(Not edited by moderator - don't impersonate a moderator by adding this moderation since a moderator didn't moderate to add this moderation in.)

;