Discuss Scratch

--Explosion--
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch Site Prefrences Settings

Here's the idea:
– In the scratch editor there would be a settings button at the far right of the page which woukd open up a pane that would have the following options
1: Editor side (toggle) right/left
2: Dark mode (toggle) on offf
3: Fonts
4: Block colors (for users with color blindness and other vision issues)
– Outside of the scratch editor there would be the same settings button, wich would remember your previous choices but have the following other options
1: Discuss link on the navigation bar
This suggestion has been rejected completely
2: Navigation bar color
– I know that each of these individual things has been suggested before and I think that a settings bar would be a nice way to implement/compress them all, my suggestion is to add the settings pane, not the individual features

Dark mode mockups:
Mockups:
Editor:
Costume Editor:
Project Page:
Home Page:
Supporters
–Explosion–
coder2045
CatsUnited
Nambaseking01

Semi-Supporters
None yet

Non-Supporters
None yet

Last edited by --Explosion-- (May 1, 2020 16:28:05)

Last edited by kaj (Tomorrow 00:00:00)
✰✩✭✴★--Explosion--★✴✭✩✰
Forum helper | boy | platformers | 14yrs | guitar | website

coder2045
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Support, except for #5; I think that was rejected. I don't really want to go hunting in the forums, though.
(I hope this doesn't get closed by the ST for being about more than 1 thing…)

Highlight this text and press Ctrl-Shift-Down to view more of my signature. There's a lot in there.
I FOUND THE POSTIE POSTIE POST LINK THIS
Brainteaser: What comes next? Answer on my profile. First correct answer gets a follow.

[ ]
[ [ ] ]
[ [ [ ] ] [ ] ]
Good projects ⬇️

Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Yeah, “Discuss link on the navigation bar” has been rejected.

The Complete List of Rejected Suggestions wrote:

8.1 Bring back the “Discuss” tab
The Discuss tab was removed for reasons that may not 100% clear to some users, but it will not be coming back. In general, the forums are not as restricted as the main website is, in terms of post content. For instance, users can post images on the forums, users can write Scratch blocks on the forums, and users can write and edit posts of up to 200,000 characters, none of which is possible on the main website. Yet, these options allow for more spam and misuse, especially for New Scratchers who are not aware of how the forums work. It is suggested that Scratchers learn of the forums through other Scratchers, who direct them to the correct forums.

A very good detailed analysis for why the Discuss button may have been removed can be found on this post.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.

I was a Scratch Team member from May 10th 2019 to October 29th 2021.

my notebook | scratch team essay | accessibility essay
Nambaseking01
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Okay so, I'll have to clarify a few things here:

- #2 is being discussed by the developer team at GitHub, you can see the issue here (this does not mean that you should remove that, you never know when they will start reconsidering the plan).
- #3 could be removed since it is a duplicate from this topic, but I'm unsure since the other topic does not specify the option in any settings.
- In the title, “prefrences” is wrong - it has to be “preferences”.

Last edited by Nambaseking01 (Oct. 27, 2019 07:55:52)

Hey there! My name is Nammy. I'm a male Forum Helper and Scratch Wiki Editor.
Profile | Test Account | Talk with me here! | Griffpatch is quitting Scratch?!
--Explosion--
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Za-Chary wrote:

Yeah, “Discuss link on the navigation bar” has been rejected.

The Complete List of Rejected Suggestions wrote:

8.1 Bring back the “Discuss” tab
The Discuss tab was removed for reasons that may not 100% clear to some users, but it will not be coming back. In general, the forums are not as restricted as the main website is, in terms of post content. For instance, users can post images on the forums, users can write Scratch blocks on the forums, and users can write and edit posts of up to 200,000 characters, none of which is possible on the main website. Yet, these options allow for more spam and misuse, especially for New Scratchers who are not aware of how the forums work. It is suggested that Scratchers learn of the forums through other Scratchers, who direct them to the correct forums.

A very good detailed analysis for why the Discuss button may have been removed can be found on this post.
I know that it is rejected, but the option to re-add it, by default when you join scratch, the discuss link would be removed, AND something that might help new users learn about the forums would be to have a notice (sort of like when you become a scratcher) that would educate someone about forum etiquette the first time they visited the forums. Thanks for looking at my topic! –Explosion–

✰✩✭✴★--Explosion--★✴✭✩✰

Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

--Explosion-- wrote:

I know that it is rejected, but the option to re-add it, by default when you join scratch, the discuss link would be removed, AND something that might help new users learn about the forums would be to have a notice (sort of like when you become a scratcher) that would educate someone about forum etiquette the first time they visited the forums. Thanks for looking at my topic! –Explosion–
I don't think the Discuss button is something that the developers are interested in bringing back, in any way, shape, or form. Considering that a very good compromise was recently closed, it doesn't appear to be something that the developers have an interest in. I'd say that bringing back the Discuss button is rejected in all forms.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.

--Explosion--
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Za-Chary wrote:

--Explosion-- wrote:

I don't think the Discuss button is something that the developers are interested in bringing back, in any way, shape, or form. Considering that a very good compromise was recently closed, it doesn't appear to be something that the developers have an interest in. I'd say that bringing back the Discuss button is rejected in all forms.
Okay, thanks! I will remove that!

✰✩✭✴★--Explosion--★✴✭✩✰

--Explosion--
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Comeon! I want more people to contribute! Thanks for all the support everybody!

✰✩✭✴★--Explosion--★✴✭✩✰

CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Za-Chary wrote:

I like that the forums are mode hidden - makes the place feel a bit more like an exclusive club.

As for the other suggestions, I did hear that Scratch is working on customisation mainly for the Scratch editor to accomodate for people with a low level of vision, and if they're planning on setting up stuff so that the website can be customised as well to suit the needs of people who need, they might as well add in things like dark mode for the site and editor.
As for having different fonts, refer to this post for my opinion on it.

bottom text
--Explosion--
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CatsUnited wrote:

Za-Chary wrote:

I like that the forums are mode hidden - makes the place feel a bit more like an exclusive club.

As for the other suggestions, I did hear that Scratch is working on customisation mainly for the Scratch editor to accomodate for people with a low level of vision, and if they're planning on setting up stuff so that the website can be customised as well to suit the needs of people who need, they might as well add in things like dark mode for the site and editor.
As for having different fonts, refer to this post for my opinion on it.
Cool! That is exciting! Thanks for your help!

✰✩✭✴★--Explosion--★✴✭✩✰

--Explosion--
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bump!

✰✩✭✴★--Explosion--★✴✭✩✰

--Explosion--
Scratcher
1000+ posts

BUMP!

✰✩✭✴★--Explosion--★✴✭✩✰

dracomalfoy755
Scratcher
100+ posts

Full Support, should be fairly easy to implement, and toggling where the editor is would be nice, but the best of it is dark mode.

green is not a creative color, and neither is this signature. i bet you won't see this part of the signature
--Explosion--
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dracomalfoy755 wrote:

Full Support, should be fairly easy to implement, and toggling where the editor is would be nice, but the best of it is dark mode.
Thanks!

✰✩✭✴★--Explosion--★✴✭✩✰

PizzaAddict4Life
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Semi-Support. Some of it would be nice to have as a sidebar, but then you also need a smaller sidebar to open or collapse it, which takes up a bit of space. Plus, fonts there does not make sense

Projects
#SaveCubeupload | Kumquat Attack | Game in which you can submit your avatar

Studios
Be Moist | Forum Helpers

Topics
#RoadToMoist100

Press CTRL+SHIFT+DOWN after highlighting a bit of my signature to see the rest of my signature (and keep doing it)

Whats a stick?

If you suggest that the days since 2000 block is removed, you are going to feel the wrath of my TNT recklessness

My kumquat protectors: (~˘▾˘)~ ( ಠ ͜ʖರೃ) ( ಠ ͜ʖರೃ) ( ಠ ͜ʖರೃ) (◕‿◕✿) ( ಠ ͜ʖರೃ) ( ಠ ͜ʖರೃ) ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Total Power: 35

Ok this is the end of my signature, but scroll down some more if you want some nice color hex codes.

Turquoise ish green: #17e67b
Epic nice blue: #0090c0
Cool light blue: #c4ffec, #a3ffe1, #85ffd7

Bippity Boppity Boo wow you found me congrats
--Explosion--
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PizzaAddict4Life wrote:

Semi-Support. Some of it would be nice to have as a sidebar, but then you also need a smaller sidebar to open or collapse it, which takes up a bit of space. Plus, fonts there does not make sense
Why don't fonts make sense? My friend has dyslexia, but she can read a font called OpenDyslexic very well.

✰✩✭✴★--Explosion--★✴✭✩✰

PizzaAddict4Life
Scratcher
1000+ posts

--Explosion-- wrote:

PizzaAddict4Life wrote:

Why don't fonts make sense? My friend has dyslexia, but she can read a font called OpenDyslexic very well.
It depends on if I am not understanding what you mean by “fonts”. Do you mean showing all the different styles of letter types, or switching a font to a different font to it is easier to read, or something else?

Projects
#SaveCubeupload | Kumquat Attack | Game in which you can submit your avatar

Studios
Be Moist | Forum Helpers

Topics
#RoadToMoist100

Press CTRL+SHIFT+DOWN after highlighting a bit of my signature to see the rest of my signature (and keep doing it)

Whats a stick?

If you suggest that the days since 2000 block is removed, you are going to feel the wrath of my TNT recklessness

My kumquat protectors: (~˘▾˘)~ ( ಠ ͜ʖರೃ) ( ಠ ͜ʖರೃ) ( ಠ ͜ʖರೃ) (◕‿◕✿) ( ಠ ͜ʖರೃ) ( ಠ ͜ʖರೃ) ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Total Power: 35

Ok this is the end of my signature, but scroll down some more if you want some nice color hex codes.

Turquoise ish green: #17e67b
Epic nice blue: #0090c0
Cool light blue: #c4ffec, #a3ffe1, #85ffd7

Bippity Boppity Boo wow you found me congrats
Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Please remove my name from the list of supporters. Nowhere here did I say I “support” the suggestion.

--Explosion--
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Za-Chary wrote:

Please remove my name from the list of supporters. Nowhere here did I say I “support” the suggestion.
Oh, I'm sorry, will do!

✰✩✭✴★--Explosion--★✴✭✩✰

--Explosion--
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bump!

✰✩✭✴★--Explosion--★✴✭✩✰