12349999eeeeeee9S99 wrote:

Beamy68 wrote:

no8pupil wrote:

PixelYoshi wrote:

Pocoyo3060 wrote:

Yeah but that’s kinda cringe ngl
Just use python lol
how is that cringe? it's just math.
I do agree with you, PixelYoshi, but please stay on topic, thx.
What??? It wasn't even pixelyoshi who started it..? C'mon pay attention
but he meant pixelyoshi, come on man, pay attention
Yeah, I know but he was mislead… come on pay attention… (also we should stop getting offtopic)

Post Goal:

Motion::motion
Looks::looks
Sound::sound
Pen::pen
Events::events
Control::control
Sensing::sensing
Operators::operators
Variables::variables
List::list
More Blocks::custom
bemy
Nambaseking01
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Workarounds to frequently suggested blocks

I personally feel like this topic is constantly having some random argument (which is indirectly being toxic) and always getting derailed, and since OP is not very active they can't really take care of it.

So please be nice and remain on-topic.

Hey there! My name is Nammy. I'm a male Forum Helper and Scratch Wiki Editor.
Profile | Test Account | Talk with me here! | Griffpatch is quitting Scratch?!
Computer_Fizz
Scratcher
100+ posts

Nambaseking01 wrote:

I personally feel like this topic is constantly having some random argument (which is indirectly being toxic) and always getting derailed, and since OP is not very active they can't really take care of it.

I read this topic every day, I just don't reply to many of the posts on this topic as they are generally off-topic, unproductive, or harassment. In what way am I supposed to “take care” of it? I don't have the ability to delete posts here like Za-Chary does on his topic. I have considered trying to make new and improved systems to replace forum guides but it's a very long process.

Last edited by Computer_Fizz (Feb. 25, 2020 19:33:10)

Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Computer_Fizz wrote:

Nambaseking01 wrote:

I read this topic every day, I just don't reply to many of the posts on this topic as they are generally off-topic, unproductive, or harassment. In what way am I supposed to “take care” of it? I don't have the ability to delete posts here like Za-Chary does on his topic. I have considered trying to make new and improved systems to replace forum guides but it's a very long process.
A good idea might be to use the Report button on off-topic posts. I don't delete posts on my rejected suggestions sticky all that often — but if you use the Report button on a post like
when green flag clicked
say [play my projects!]
then we should be able to remove the post for you (and this is justified, as such a post would not be constructive).

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.

I was a Scratch Team member from May 10th 2019 to October 29th 2021.

my notebook | scratch team essay | accessibility essay
Nambaseking01
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Za-Chary wrote:

Computer_Fizz wrote:

A good idea might be to use the Report button on off-topic posts. I don't delete posts on my rejected suggestions sticky all that often — but if you use the Report button on a post like
when green flag clicked
say [play my projects!]
then we should be able to remove the post for you (and this is justified, as such a post would not be constructive).

Exactly. I feel like this topic is turning into a topic to argue about workarounds and see who's one is the best (like trying to get an award or something) so if people got rid of that mentality, then everything could be better.

No offense, of course - this is my personal opinion.

Hey there! My name is Nammy. I'm a male Forum Helper and Scratch Wiki Editor.
Profile | Test Account | Talk with me here! | Griffpatch is quitting Scratch?!
PixelYoshi
Scratcher
100+ posts

Za-Chary wrote:

Computer_Fizz wrote:

Nambaseking01 wrote:

when green flag clicked
say [play my projects!]
yeah. definitely a good idea to remove that argument.
12349999eeeeeee9S99
Scratcher
51 posts

PixelYoshi wrote:

Za-Chary wrote:

Computer_Fizz wrote:

Nambaseking01 wrote:

when green flag clicked
say [play my projects!]

Im Just Gonna Delete Those comments I had there.

when green flag clicked
forever
say [DESTROY THE GACHAS!!] for (2) secs
point towards [ gacha]
broadcast [ clear gacha]
end
12349999eeeeeee9S99
Scratcher
51 posts

12349999eeeeeee9S99 wrote:

PixelYoshi wrote:

Za-Chary wrote:

Computer_Fizz wrote:

Nambaseking01 wrote:

when green flag clicked
say [play my projects!]

Im Just Gonna Delete Those comments I had there.

Oh wait, im an idiot. also, here is an workaround for my own block. (Heliumify)
when green flag clicked
change [(x position)] by (X)
For The X/Helium:
when green flag clicked
repeat until <touching [Edge] ?>
change [X] by (1)

end
if <Touching Edge> then

repeat 20)
change [X] by (-1)
end
end
set [X] to [1]

when green flag clicked
forever
point towards [ gacha]
broadcast [ clear gacha]
end
12349999eeeeeee9S99
Scratcher
51 posts

(Don't Forget to put a repeat block around the first part!)

when green flag clicked
forever
point towards [ gacha]
broadcast [ clear gacha]
end
The_Minecode
Scratcher
27 posts

those blocks should really be in scratch

gaming271
Scratcher
64 posts

Another way for stop button detection (very similar):

when green flag clicked
forever
reset timer
end

when [timer v] > (0.01)
put what you want the program to do here :: grey stack

Some scratch blocks V :: hat motion
(a stack :: stack operators) (a hat :: hat motion) (a cap :: cap control) (() ring :: ring variables) (boolean :: boolean pen) :: stack sensing
These can be very useful for suggestions = <true :: motion> :: operators
:: cap sensing
gaming271
Scratcher
64 posts

gaming271 wrote:

when green flag clicked
forever
reset timer
end

when [timer v] > (0.01)
I tested this

Some scratch blocks V :: hat motion
(a stack :: stack operators) (a hat :: hat motion) (a cap :: cap control) (() ring :: ring variables) (boolean :: boolean pen) :: stack sensing
These can be very useful for suggestions = <true :: motion> :: operators
:: cap sensing
Computer_Fizz
Scratcher
100+ posts

gaming271 wrote:

gaming271 wrote:

when green flag clicked
forever
reset timer
end

when [timer v] > (0.01)
I tested this
This has the problem of making the timer unusable. The way that I have in my topic can detect pressing the stop button but still leave the timer intact. Although your workaround does not require a variable, most functionality comes first.
GORTWUG
Scratcher
2 posts

How would you do right mouse down?
PixelYoshi
Scratcher
100+ posts

GORTWUG wrote:

sadly, you can't.
GORTWUG
Scratcher
2 posts

Last edited by GORTWUG (March 4, 2020 22:35:04)

12349999eeeeeee9S99
Scratcher
51 posts

i might be able to recreate right mouse down.

when green flag clicked
forever
point towards [ gacha]
broadcast [ clear gacha]
end
Computer_Fizz
Scratcher
100+ posts

GORTWUG wrote:

The regular “mouse down” block applies to both left and right mouse down, as far as I know. It's possible that different versions of Scratch interpret it in different ways, however I should also point out the right mouse button doesn't seem to be an intentional part of Scratch inputs as it will usually simply bring up the right click menu.
noogai34
Scratcher
46 posts

Computer_Fizz wrote:

———————————————————–
< key [enter v] pressed? >
can be recreated with the following code:
< key ( join [enter] [] ) pressed? >
// this also goes for other keys not on the drop-down as well
Tab doesn't work. I'm trying to make an Impossible quiz (and one of the main features is that you can't press Tab), So i put:
<key ( join [tab] [] ) pressed?>
but pressing tab did nothing!

S U C C
Computer_Fizz
Scratcher
100+ posts

noogai34 wrote:

Computer_Fizz wrote:

———————————————————–
< key [enter v] pressed? >
can be recreated with the following code:
< key ( join [enter] [] ) pressed? >
// this also goes for other keys not on the drop-down as well
Tab doesn't work. I'm trying to make an Impossible quiz (and one of the main features is that you can't press Tab), So i put:
<key ( join [tab] [] ) pressed?>
but pressing tab did nothing!
Yes, unfortunately it appears that tab does not work, along with other keys such as shift, control, etc. It seems that enter is the only non-single-letter key that works, and I'll update the original post accordingly. But yes, unfortunately I don't believe there's any known way to detect a tab press at this time.

Last edited by Computer_Fizz (March 24, 2020 20:17:33)