Discuss Scratch

Monniasza_spzoo
Scratcher
100+ posts

Proposed 3d blocks (extension of 3d graphics thread)

3d blocks:
steer left () degrees :: motion
steer right () degrees :: motion
tilt up () degrees :: motion
tilt down () degrees :: motion
tilt left () degrees :: motion
tilt right () degrees :: motion
reporters (heading :: motion) (banking :: motion) (inclination :: motion)
reporters (3d x position :: motion) (3d y position :: motion) (3d z position :: motion)
glide () secs to x: (0) y: (0) z: (0) :: motion
point in heading ( v) inclination ( v) banking ( v) :: motion
go to x: () y: () z: () :: motion
set 3d x to () :: motion
change 3d x by () :: motion
set 3d y to () :: motion
change 3d y by () :: motion
set 3d z to () :: motion
change 3d z by () :: motion
set 3d rotation style [ v] :: motion //Nodding|Steering|Banking|Free rotation|unrotated
move 3d () steps :: motion
when this sprite clicked in 3d :: events hat
when skybox switches to [ v] :: events hat
< 3d touching [ v] ? :: sensing>
Testingscratcher
Scratcher
72 posts

Za-Chary wrote:

1.6 3D Scratch
The block below, and others, could be used with a z-axis in the project stage to make it easier to create 3D projects. But, Scratch is a language that is designed to be as easy as possible for beginners to learn. Adding 3D features would make the language more difficult for beginners to understand, and a 3D engine is not exactly the purpose of Scratch. There is a similar program to Scratch that contains block programming with 3D features, called Starlogo TNG. You can also try Alice; it is not exactly like Scratch, but has some similar features.
From rejected suggestions.

When Windows crashes::hat events
if <<(desperate) > [50]> and <(Windows) < [0]>> then
go to [Testingsoftware 2.0 v]
say [This is the all-new, next generation Scratch OS]
end
stop [using Windows v]
Monniasza_spzoo
Scratcher
100+ posts

Testingscratcher wrote:

Za-Chary wrote:

1.6 3D Scratch
The block below, and others, could be used with a z-axis in the project stage to make it easier to create 3D projects. But, Scratch is a language that is designed to be as easy as possible for beginners to learn. Adding 3D features would make the language more difficult for beginners to understand, and a 3D engine is not exactly the purpose of Scratch. There is a similar program to Scratch that contains block programming with 3D features, called Starlogo TNG. You can also try Alice; it is not exactly like Scratch, but has some similar features.
From rejected suggestions.
Blocks would be from extension, as in https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/350209/
Testingscratcher
Scratcher
72 posts

Monniasza_spzoo wrote:

Blocks would be from extension, as in https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/350209/
But I think that's not the point. Adding the 3D functionality is already not going to happen.

When Windows crashes::hat events
if <<(desperate) > [50]> and <(Windows) < [0]>> then
go to [Testingsoftware 2.0 v]
say [This is the all-new, next generation Scratch OS]
end
stop [using Windows v]
Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Testingscratcher wrote:

But I think that's not the point. Adding the 3D functionality is already not going to happen.
That is correct. We're not interested in adding a 3D mode at this time, even if it is an extension.

Closed as rejected.

The Complete List of Rejected Suggestions wrote:

1.6 3D Scratch
Scratch is a language that is designed to be as easy as possible for beginners to learn. Adding 3D features would make the language more difficult for beginners to understand, and a 3D engine is not exactly the purpose of Scratch. There is a similar program to Scratch that contains block programming with 3D features, called Starlogo TNG. You can also try Alice; it is not exactly like Scratch, but has some similar features.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.

I was a Scratch Team member from May 10th 2019 to October 29th 2021.

my notebook | scratch team essay | accessibility essay