Discuss Scratch

LiFaytheGoblin
Forum Moderator
1000+ posts

Wiki Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Today is the 39th Wiki Wednesday! With this Wiki Wednesday we will be trying something new: The section “Participate!” - find it after the articles of the month.

Here are the Wiki Articles of the Month:

English: Studio

A studio is a place where users can put multiple projects into an accessible group. Prior to Scratch 2.0, they were called galleries, and had some different features. Most studios have a specific theme of projects.

French (français): Créer un projet de bienvenue

Le studio de bienvenue permet de mettre en avant des projets destinés à souhaiter la bienvenue aux nouveaux utilisateurs de Scratch. Découvrez comment en faire un en lisant l'article de ce mois.

Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian): Scratch Team

Scratch Team (atau terkadang Tim Scratch) adalah sekolompok orang yang mengerjakan Scratch di bawah Lifelong Kindergarten Group di MIT Media Lab. Peran mereka antara lain adalah mengembangkan program Scratch dan memantau situsweb Scratch.
Japanese (日本語): ドット絵エディタを作る

ドット絵エディタを作ることは、Scratchにおいて様々な人が行ってきた行為であり、それぞれに差異が存在する。本稿においては、このうち基本的なものを紹介していく。

Participate!

The great articles you just saw have been written by your fellow Scratchers. Some things are not documented on the Scratch Wikis yet. This is where you come in. This month's “Participate!” is…

In the comments, post a question about Scratch, the Scratch ecosystem or programming with Scratch that you could not answer with help of the Wiki (use your native language if you like). If you see a question that can be answered using the Wiki, feel free to post a link. If you see a question that can not be answered using the Wiki but you know the answer to, feel free to post an answer! The most interesting questions and answers will be added to the Wiki and highlighted in the next Wiki Wednesday in the “Did you know” section.

What is the Scratch Wiki?
The Scratch Wiki is a collaboratively-written wiki available for free that provides information about the Scratch programming language and its website, history, and phenomena surrounding it. The wiki is supported by the Scratch Team, but is primarily written by Scratchers. The Scratch Wiki is a popular source of information for scripts and tutorials, and it continues to grow as Scratchers use it as their primary source of information. This could also include advanced articles for Scratchers around the world to build, share, and see.
(Source: Scratch Wiki)

Missing Languages

There are many languages which do not have a Scratch Wiki! If you know a language without a Wiki, then you can help create one. Learn more here! We are looking for native speakers in a certain language and do not require any applicants to have a perfect grasp on the English language.

Did you know?
  • …単語組合せ制クラウドチャットが禁止されました。定型文は許可されています。

• … kamu bisa memesan sprite, kostum, dan bahan-bahan lainnya di forum Requests (Permintaan)?
  • …Studios used to be called “galleries”. The name was changed when the website switched to Scratch 2.0 because more was being done with studios than just showing off projects.

• Le saviez-vous ? Plus de 370 projets ont été acceptés dans le studio de bienvenue aux Scratcheurs ! Vous-voulez en faire partie ? Allez lire l'article sur le wiki !

A big thank you goes to MakeTheBrainHappy for organizing this Wiki Wednesday and writing the post. Credit to Yummygum on iconfinder.com for the flag icons!

Deutsch, English, Français, Español, Nederlands
DACH Scratch WikiEN Scratch WikiAll Scratch WikisA Scratch Wiki in your native language

FrostyRAhAz
Scratcher
500+ posts

Hey it finally came! Cool!

Attempting to raise my activity on Scratch
Disc0Danny
Scratcher
100+ posts

Great!

Hi
Hueycat
Scratcher
100+ posts

Yay! I love Wiki Wednesday!

Hello! I am Hueycat, who likes trains!

Please check out my AMAZING projects such as Guess The Date and Saturn V Simulator!

Thanks for reading my post:)
WaterComesBack
Scratcher
100+ posts

Yay!

BA BUM BUM B U M
BA BUM BUM B U M
BA BUM BUM B U M
BA BUM BUM B U M
okay enough, welcome to my siggy. (press down+shift while highlighting a part of my signature to see the rest of my sig)
E

whoops sorry for the accidental e

h

h

h

stop viewing this

move (999999999) steps
move (999999) steps

ende
CrystalKeeper7
Scratcher
90 posts

Early again Looks good!

NaN
Gifted_Mess
Scratcher
51 posts

Noice

Don’t mind me, I’m just a random innocent person passing through.

when green flag clicked
broadcast [Something v]

when I receive [Something  v]
Something Happen
cutie-cutes
Scratcher
5 posts

what's the scratch wiki?
WaterComesBack
Scratcher
100+ posts

cutie-cutes wrote:

what's the scratch wiki?
Look here for more info:
https://en.scratch-wiki.info/wiki/Scratch_Wiki

BA BUM BUM B U M
BA BUM BUM B U M
BA BUM BUM B U M
BA BUM BUM B U M
okay enough, welcome to my siggy. (press down+shift while highlighting a part of my signature to see the rest of my sig)
E

whoops sorry for the accidental e

h

h

h

stop viewing this

move (999999999) steps
move (999999) steps

ende
AFNNetworkK12
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Its wiki time!

Last edited by AFNNetworkK12 (July 31, 2019 20:50:07)

AFN!

| Okay | Hobbyist | Introvert | Active | OK! |

HELLO
frenchgamerlol
Scratcher
4 posts

when is the next crash fix update
Scratch-Coding
Scratcher
500+ posts

Cool

Last edited by kaj (Today 05:35:43)
cs458468
Scratcher
100+ posts

What happened to the websit? I'm on a MacBook and scratch has been acting strange (by not showing some of the pictures)

hello
bluemarker177
Scratcher
18 posts

cs458468 wrote:

What happened to the websit? I'm on a MacBook and scratch has been acting strange (by not showing some of the pictures)

say [maybe you should switch browsers] for (2) secs. say [if you tried every browser,] 
then maybe relog, and if you already did that, then try reinstalling the browser. if this dosent work, then sorry, but i dont know.]

Last edited by bluemarker177 (Aug. 1, 2019 00:21:36)

NINJASTALKER729
Scratcher
2 posts

That happend to me. Maybe it's ur network cuz that was the problem for me..
B0o0lean
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I love Wiki Wednesdays and I'm happy to finally see it happen this month! !!!!

haha different dance eight it's no longer å i changed it how does that feel

i go by pyrei/pyra btw, b0o0lean is a stupid username idk why i named myself that
SadieOrr
Scratcher
44 posts

Hi! How do you change an icon on tablet???

Tarus: Don't argue over something silly. So your friend wants to watch something scary and you want to watch something that you can LOL at?
Take it in turns to watch both. See? Easy.

That was my cactus star sign!

“Well I'm going to bed, before either of you two come up with another plan to get us killed,or worse, expelled”

My favourite quote!
SadieOrr
Scratcher
44 posts

Who invented scratch? Was it a cat?

Tarus: Don't argue over something silly. So your friend wants to watch something scary and you want to watch something that you can LOL at?
Take it in turns to watch both. See? Easy.

That was my cactus star sign!

“Well I'm going to bed, before either of you two come up with another plan to get us killed,or worse, expelled”

My favourite quote!
Sparkleunicorn_44
Scratcher
5 posts

Hi I have a question.
How many studios can each person create!