Discuss Scratch

LovelyOtter
Scratcher
100+ posts

✒✏Pen to Paper: The Shoppe for All Your Writing Needs! {No Longer Hiring!}✏✒

ajsya wrote:

ATTENTION FROST SHOP CUSTOMER!

TinyPic is closing down! This is our main hosting site that we use. Your image will no longer be available after TinyPic closes down. Please either host your image on your own or request us to start hosting your image with another website. Sorry for any inconveniences caused.

So we should use cubeupload now, then.

Judy27Moody
Scratcher
73 posts

Employee Form
Username: Judy27Moody
Activity (1-10): 8.5
Strong Suits (ie, poetry, character designs/development): Poetry, Short stories, fantasy, realistic fiction
Writing Example (link or writing):https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/321318156/
Any Other Shops You're A Part Of? Not that I remember any
Extra: I will be little less active from August to September, but pretty nicely active

By Buzzy Bee Banners
@VideoGameCanInvent
IntroducingW0ndr0us
Scratcher
100+ posts

LovelyOtter wrote:

ajsya wrote:

TinyPic is closing down! This is our main hosting site that we use. Your image will no longer be available after TinyPic closes down. Please either host your image on your own or request us to start hosting your image with another website. Sorry for any inconveniences caused.

Yeah, also, I dunno if the one we got from Buzzy Bee Banners uses tinypic, so that one might work.

¡Hola! Yo soy Cero.
Hello! I'm Zero.
zero // she/her // ♓ // artist // latina // always hungry //
talkative // nerd // insane // p̶r̶o̶u̶d̶ ̶m̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶K̶i̶w̶i̶ (don't ask)
✂- - - - - -
As you may have guessed, ¡yo hablo español! Pero un poco. ¡Deblemos hablar! :-)
✂- - - - - -
IntroducingW0ndr0us
Scratcher
100+ posts

Judy27Moody wrote:

Employee Form
Activity (1-10): 8.5
Strong Suits (ie, poetry, character designs/development): Poetry, Short stories, fantasy, realistic fiction
Writing Example (link or writing):https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/321318156/
Any Other Shops You're A Part Of? Not that I remember any
Extra: I will be little less active from August to September, but pretty nicely active
Agh, so sorry! I actually forgot to change the title; we are no longer hiring. If we ever are, though, we will contact youl

¡Hola! Yo soy Cero.
Hello! I'm Zero.
talkative // nerd // insane // p̶r̶o̶u̶d̶ ̶m̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶K̶i̶w̶i̶ (don't ask)
✂- - - - - -
✂- - - - - -
Scratch-Coding
Scratcher
500+ posts

IntroducingW0ndr0us wrote:

LovelyOtter wrote:

ajsya wrote:

Yeah, also, I dunno if the one we got from Buzzy Bee Banners uses tinypic, so that one might work.
Both use TinyPic.

Last edited by kaj (Today 05:35:43)
IntroducingW0ndr0us
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch-Coding wrote:

LovelyOtter wrote:

ajsya wrote:

Both use TinyPic.
Oof, yeah, I saw that. We can always order another one, I think I'll do that now.

¡Hola! Yo soy Cero.
Hello! I'm Zero.
✂- - - - - -
✂- - - - - -
Scratch-Coding
Scratcher
500+ posts

Scratch-Coding wrote:

LovelyOtter wrote:

ajsya wrote:

Both use TinyPic.
Oof, yeah, I saw that. We can always order another one, I think I'll do that now.
You can ask the shop to change it to cubeupload

Scratch-Coding
Scratcher
500+ posts

Scratch-Coding wrote:

Can my banner here can be changed ASAP to this:

-lightningjem-
Scratcher
1 post

Username: -lightningjem-
Activity (1-10): 8 now, probably 5 or 6 during the school year
Strong Suits (ie, poetry, character designs/development): a little bit of everything (editing & grammar especially)
Writing Example (link or writing): Just because you’re a villain, doesn’t mean you can’t look fashionable. As an afterthought, I add, This includes your army of ten thousand or so assorted humans and supernatural creatures. They have a right to look like an army, not a pigsty.
Without looking up, I wave my hand, and an assumably confused-looking hero barrels through the door. I leave the door open. “Feel free to leave whenever you want. I’m a little busy right now.”
Always keep an eye on the door, especially if it’s custom-made. Heroes love to destroy them (dramatic flair and such), and they really don’t understand how expensive they are to buy and replace.
“Griselda, High Witch of Clordum, I am here on behalf of King Ender of Lorkim to bring you in, dead or alive,” the hero says confidently, despite his rough start. He straightens his armor and puts on a haughty look.
If your hero likes talk and bravado, allow him to do so. Don’t waste your time doing that. That is exactly what the hero expects you to do. So don’t give him that self-satisfaction. Instead, throw him of by doing something totally, inexplicably out of context.
“Okay.” I shrug. “Go ahead.” A look of complete and utter confusion passes over the hero’s face as I hold out my hands to be cuffed. This is clearly his first time doing this. How amusing.
“Wait, is it seriously this easy?” he asks, blinking. “King Ender promised that a duel will most certainly occur, in which I would just barely survive by killing you. Or you would surrender when I held my sword to your throat. What are you up to? Why are you surrendering?”
I laugh. It isn’t a maniacal cackle, but a normal laugh. “Wake up, hero. This is the real world. Battles to the death don’t exist. If I was planning something wonderfully evil, why would I tell you?”
The hero paused. “Uh, ’cause that’s what all villains do. They gloat and cackle and reveal their plans to the heroes. And then we kill them dead. Severely dead. And we stop their plan.”
I suppress a grimace. Of course I have to get stuck with this inexperienced hero who has grammatical errors and fantastical ideas of reality. “Sorry,” I say, then snap my fingers, turning him to dust.
I hate turning people to dust. It is so useless, and it’s a pain to clean up. Also, it is slightly disgusting, since the pile is person-colored. The dust on my floor is a shade of tan.
When killing your hero, don’t keep them alive, or torture them to death, or force them to fight in your arena for amusement. Just plainly kill them with compassion and mercy. This may sound impossible, but a swift and painless death is the best for them. However, I do not suggest the style of turning them to dust. Cleaning up afterward is impossible.
I magic up a broom and a pan, then manually sweep up all the dust. Using magic constantly is a pain. The small things that you can do yourself should not be dealt with via your magical powers. Save it for the big things, in my opinion.
Cleo, my cousin, walks in. I smile at her as I finish wiping up all the dust, then wipe my hands on my light green tunic. It could use a little dirt. “Hey, Cleo! Did anyone get injured when that hero came through?”
“Nope,” she said as I sat back down at my desk and picked up my quill, dipping it carefully in the ink pot. “Evans saw him coming a few minutes before he arrived. We all hid. His face when he came through was hilarious! He actually expected your ten thousand army.”
Always show compassion to your troops, servants, and followers. Keep your family with you, if any are still alive. If you love them, they will love you and won’t betray you. They will serve you faithfully, and you will never have to doubt them.
“They always do, don’t they?” I agreed. “I did have to turn him into dust, though. I’m not sure what to do with the ashes now. He’s only the fifth person I’ve turned to dust. Maybe I should scatter the ashes to the wind? That feels cruel, though.”
Cleo thought. “You could put the ashes in the garden. They’re supposed to be good compost or something. I don’t know… What did you do with the others five? Maybe something like that.”
I paused, then began counting them off on my fingers. “The first time I brought the ashes to a dragon to guard. Honorable and stuff. The second time, I scattered them to the winds. They were a wildling, and that’s their custom, so I felt that I had to. The third time, I didn’t turn them to dust, so I gave them a sailor’s death. The fourth time…” I grinned sheepishly. “I got a little carried away because I hated them so much. That time, I threw the body in a volcano.”
“To be fair, he was a bit of a…” Cleo pressed her lips together. “…butt…face…” I had to suppress a laugh. My cousin has always had a habit of spewing dirty language, so coming to live with me, who asks for a clean vocabulary from everyone, is hard on her vocabulary.
“Yes,” I agree. After a moment, I point at the ash. “Summon.” Instantly, a ghostly figure rises from it; the hero blinks and looks around, disoriented by suddenly being in the real world.
“Why’d you summon me back?” he asks, his voice already raspy from death. “You can’t torture me. I’m dead. Nothin’ can bring me back. Not even you, High Witch Griselda.”
I shake my head sadly. “Why do heroes always assume my intent is to kill them?” Ignoring the hero’s surprised expression, I begin to pace the room, my heels clicking. “No. I was just going to ask your name. I’m going to bring your remains to King Ender. After all, it was he who asked your service.”
The hero shrugs. “My name is Luka. Luka of Lorkim. After my grandfather.” With that, he vanishes into thin air. His purpose served, whatever version of him, whether it be a spirit or ghost, returns to the death-world.
Cleo pulls an empty jar off one of my shelves and hands it to me. Years of precise measurements and cautious pouring allows me to get every single atom of ash in the jar. Then I screw the cap on.
After a moment, I grimace. “I can’t go to a meeting in my work clothes. I have a reputation to uphold.” Cleo laughs. I’m wearing a simple outfit of work boots, pants, and a light green tunic. Since I’m going out in public, I have to look fierce, and this really won’t do.
With a wave of my hand, I change into my High Witch outfit. I wear a black half cape, held with a witch’s hat pin; this is a symbol of my part in the Witchdom, as is my purple witch’s hat. My dress is a purple tea length, despite it typically being a wedding dress. Black leggings are tucked into my purple snakeskin thigh high boots.
“That’s more like it,” I say confidently. To my cousin, I add, “I’ll see you soon.” She nods, and with a wave of my hand, I disappear.

Any Other Shops You're A Part Of?: No
Extra: No
EIephant_Lover
Scratcher
500+ posts

-lightningjem- wrote:

-snip-
Sorry, Wondrous isn't hiring anymore

Last edited by EIephant_Lover (July 26, 2019 19:58:41)

IntroducingW0ndr0us
Scratcher
100+ posts

EIephant_Lover wrote:

-lightningjem- wrote:

-snip-
Sorry, Wondrous isn't hiring anymore
Thanks ^^
Also, lightningjem, if we are in the future I/we will definitely contact you!
P.S. Bump

¡Hola! Yo soy Cero.
Hello! I'm Zero.
✂- - - - - -
✂- - - - - -
Judy27Moody
Scratcher
73 posts

Activity (1-10): 8
Strong Suits (ie, poetry, character designs/development): Poetry, Short stories, Realistic fiction, fantasy
Writing Example (link or writing): https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/321318156/
Any Other Shops You're A Part Of? Not any that I remember
Extra: I really like writing and reading, and you can call me Judy

By Buzzy Bee Banners
@VideoGameCanInvent
Judy27Moody
Scratcher
73 posts

Oh so sorry, I didn't see the title

By Buzzy Bee Banners
@VideoGameCanInvent
IntroducingW0ndr0us
Scratcher
100+ posts

Judy27Moody wrote:

Activity (1-10): 8
Strong Suits (ie, poetry, character designs/development): Poetry, Short stories, Realistic fiction, fantasy
Writing Example (link or writing): https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/321318156/
Any Other Shops You're A Part Of? Not any that I remember
Extra: I really like writing and reading, and you can call me Judy
That's ok!

¡Hola! Yo soy Cero.
Hello! I'm Zero.
✂- - - - - -
✂- - - - - -
coolcatcool2
Scratcher
500+ posts

Would you like to be partners with Creative Minds Publishing? If you would like to, here is everything you'd need:

Banner:
[img]http://u.cubeupload.com/roddarichard/CreativeMindsPublish.png[/img]

Link: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/3642842

Description: Creative Minds Publishing is full of creativity and imagination a joined together into a single page of a single book. We hope you enjoy sharing YOUR story to the world using our publishing.

Hi! Check out my profile!
Check out Creative Minds Publishing! My Publishing Company!
I am Female, Christian, Piano Player, Writer, Coder.
IntroducingW0ndr0us
Scratcher
100+ posts

coolcatcool2 wrote:

Would you like to be partners with Creative Minds Publishing? If you would like to, here is everything you'd need:

Banner:

Description: Creative Minds Publishing is full of creativity and imagination a joined together into a single page of a single book. We hope you enjoy sharing YOUR story to the world using our publishing.
Oh, wow, interesting! I'll look into it but I can't guarantee! Anyways, really cool and unique, original idea!
EDIT: Can I edit a bump in here?

Last edited by IntroducingW0ndr0us (July 30, 2019 17:41:25)

¡Hola! Yo soy Cero.
Hello! I'm Zero.
✂- - - - - -
✂- - - - - -
coolcatcool2
Scratcher
500+ posts

coolcatcool2 wrote:

Banner:

Oh, wow, interesting! I'll look into it but I can't guarantee! Anyways, really cool and unique, original idea!
EDIT: Can I edit a bump in here?
sure!

Last edited by coolcatcool2 (July 30, 2019 18:33:50)

Hi! Check out my profile!
Check out Creative Minds Publishing! My Publishing Company!
I am Female, Christian, Piano Player, Writer, Coder.
Scratch-Coding
Scratcher
500+ posts

Bump

IntroducingW0ndr0us
Scratcher
100+ posts

Bump

¡Hola! Yo soy Cero.
Hello! I'm Zero.
✂- - - - - -
✂- - - - - -
LotusLavender
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hi! I'm LotusLavender from SPA.
We recently set up the SPA help hub to help SPA shops just like you reach their full potential. First of all, we'd like to invite you to curate if you haven't already. Second, we'd like to let you know that if you ever have a struggle in your shop, all of SPA is behind you - and the help hub is a place to show that. If you ever need help in any way, shape or form, ask in the hub and SPA will come to the rescue!
Good luck in the future!
LotusLavender
SPA President

My Profile || Contact me if you need any help or have any questions! || Buzzy Bee Banners ||