Discuss Scratch

CheckmarkDestruction
Scratcher
4 posts

Suggestions and fixes for Scratch 3.0

Please, scratch, take these.

My suggestions are text-coded, with italic-bold as critical, bold as annoying, and italic as mild.

The scratch discussion forum blocks are still 2.0!
Ok, most people agree that the new Scratch 3.0 blocks are way too big. But then you DON'T update the forum blocks? I thought they were gone! It's not a huge issue, but it will give some people a little nostalgia.

WE NEED ABNORMAL CUSTOM BLOCKS!!!
* gates do we have? Let's see… NOT, AND, and OR. But, you know what we don't have? XOR, XNOR, and XAND. And then there's not just “true” or “false”. If Scratch won't add those, we should be able to too. And then, we should also have the option of making it shaped like a repeat or a start block.

Paint editor: it's so… bad.
Ok, here's a rundown of what we need. We need an opacity slider, an RGB mode, and a larger canvas. That's THREE PROBLEMS in ONE THING. And… Scratch still hasn't fixed it yet. I normally draw badly on scratch, but not THIS BADLY. It's workable, but not very practical.

SHAPES, GET EM WHILE THEY'RE PLENTY!
We NEED more shapes in the paint editor. How about a literal shape BAR, like Word or powerpoint? This would totally make my projects a LOT easier.

I'd like code with no extra blocks, please.
We need a “delete all single blocks” button. now. Because if you were trying to change a few variables, and forgot where you left those blocks, well, you're stuck with them. Please, add it.

Remove a URL.
You can add a URL, but no removing? So disappointing.

Remove a Username.
You can add a Username, but no removing? So disappointing. Again.
ResExsention
New to Scratch
1000+ posts

First of all, please make seperate threads for each suggestion…

Anyway:

1) Duplicate of something.
2) Duplicate of something
3) Duplicate of something
4) Possibly a duplicate of something, but no support. You can reshape in vector to get the shape you want.
5) Is this like that find blocks suggestion?
6) ???
7) ???

Sorry… I'm confused with the last two.

Infrequently active.

It feels weird to see how far we've come. I hope you're well, wherever you are!
Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Please create a separate topic for each suggestion you have, rather than creating a list of suggestions. That way, the conversation stays focused and each idea can get the attention it needs.

Before making a new topic, please check out the following:
Thank you!

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.

I was a Scratch Team member from May 10th 2019 to October 29th 2021.

my notebook | scratch team essay | accessibility essay