please add loves to the forums

just do it
Dragonlord767
Scratcher
1000+ posts

snailman123 wrote:

just do it
Why would it be good? Can you give an explanation?

no signature plz
Wahsp
Scratcher
1000+ posts

To individual posts or topics?

​I am Wahsp

Formerly pretty active on the forums, probably mostly retired now…
If you see one of my posts send me a hello!

One question before I tell my thoughts: Why?

If you're seeing this account, I'm Morimop and the reason that I use this account is:

**I'm too lazy to switch accounts**
**I forget my password**
**I got a forum message while drawing something**
CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Okay, so why?

bottom text
ResExsention
New to Scratch
1000+ posts

Like everyone else, Why do we need something like this?

Infrequently active.

It feels weird to see how far we've come. I hope you're well, wherever you are!
Truck11111
Scratcher
1000+ posts

why do you need this

sufferin' succotash!
Troyer_Kem
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Maybe people can see most loved topic and there can be a row about it?
If it's so, Semi-Support. I can't describe why.

If you're seeing this account, I'm Morimop and the reason that I use this account is:

**I'm too lazy to switch accounts**
**I forget my password**
**I got a forum message while drawing something**
GullumIncComicz
Scratcher
100+ posts

Why do we need loves for projects? HUH? HUH?

HUHHHHHH?!?!?!?!!??

Same reason we need loves for the forums. Support.

Generation 1. Copy and paste this into your siggy, then increase the generation by 1. Then say you continued the generation on @GullumIncComicz profile and the number of your generation. If your generation was already commented, then remove this from your siggy.
CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

GullumIncComicz wrote:

HUHHHHHH?!?!?!?!!??

The forums have a different purpose than projects though. Features that work when interacting with projects can't just be put into a forum without some modification. The OP hasn't said how adding loves will work - they just said “just do it”, so I don't know what loves on the forums would be like

bottom text
GullumIncComicz
Scratcher
100+ posts

CatsUnited wrote:

GullumIncComicz wrote:

HUHHHHHH?!?!?!?!!??

The forums have a different purpose than projects though. Features that work when interacting with projects can't just be put into a forum without some modification. The OP hasn't said how adding loves will work - they just said “just do it”, so I don't know what loves on the forums would be like
Like the ones on the projects.

Generation 1. Copy and paste this into your siggy, then increase the generation by 1. Then say you continued the generation on @GullumIncComicz profile and the number of your generation. If your generation was already commented, then remove this from your siggy.
NilsTheBest
Scratcher
1000+ posts

GullumIncComicz wrote:

CatsUnited wrote:

GullumIncComicz wrote:

HUHHHHHH?!?!?!?!!??

But then, the suggestions forums would look more like a ballot box where we support a suggestion without saying why, rather than a place where discussion and debate takes place. I see how loves on projects are useful, but in the forums, they wouldn't really have much effect. Loving or liking a forum post doesn't really “encourage” people to post more, after all, does it?

I don't see either which posts you would love/like… helpful posts and that's it? You can't really put a love on a question, put a love on a bug / glitch, put a love on a post asking for help for a script (or just in general), etc.

Last edited by NilsTheBest (June 23, 2019 18:43:40)

NilsTheChair | 5 years on Scratch | 4000+ posts | former wiki editor | 332nd FPC | CoR founder
Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

This isn't a duplicate, as the link I am about to give is a closed topic. However, it may be worth reading through: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/229214/

So far as I know, this suggestion is not officially rejected (considering that the topic above was not closed by a Scratch Team member), but it is possible that it is not something we would consider. I can't speak for all of the Scratch Team, however; a seasoned moderator like @Paddle2See may wish to take a look at this topic and see whether this is rejected.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.

I was a Scratch Team member from May 10th 2019 to October 29th 2021.

my notebook | scratch team essay | accessibility essay
CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

NilsTheBest wrote:

GullumIncComicz wrote:

CatsUnited wrote:

GullumIncComicz wrote:

HUHHHHHH?!?!?!?!!??

But then, the suggestions forums would look more like a ballot box where we support a suggestion without saying why, rather than a place where discussion and debate takes place. I see how loves on projects are useful, but in the forums, they wouldn't really have much effect. Loving or liking a forum post doesn't really “encourage” people to post more, after all, does it?

I don't see either which posts you would love/like… helpful posts and that's it? You can't really put a love on a question, put a love on a bug / glitch, put a love on a post asking for help for a script (or just in general), etc.
Now that I've though of that a bit more, it'd basically make the Scratch forums more like Reddit except there'd be no downvote button. I don't see an advantage to adding that feature on the Scratch forums - it'll probably cause the Suggestions forum to lose quite a bit of it's discussion

bottom text
snailman123
Scratcher
19 posts

I clearly didn't explain this idea enough. I think that rather than useless ly writing “Support” in the comments of the suggestions forum, people can just love (and maybe dislike) the ones that they have opinions on, so the scratch team will be able to sort the best and most supported ideas from the rest more easily.
ResExsention
New to Scratch
1000+ posts

snailman123 wrote:

I clearly didn't explain this idea enough. I think that rather than useless ly writing “Support” in the comments of the suggestions forum, people can just love (and maybe dislike) the ones that they have opinions on, so the scratch team will be able to sort the best and most supported ideas from the rest more easily.

But if it were like that (in suggestions), people wouldn't be able to give reasons as to why they supported.

Again, this would pretty much turn into a reddit with no downvotes (as CatsUnited said).

Infrequently active.

It feels weird to see how far we've come. I hope you're well, wherever you are!
_Silverhawk_
Scratcher
92 posts

Hmm, i don't see much point in that. Also, the idea is a bit confusing. Would it apply to topics individual posts?

Mrow =^-^=
ScratchCatHELLO
Scratcher
1000+ posts

You mean like to get more supported scratch topics to the scratch team faster? Interesting. However, if you mean sorting them in the visible list of topics, then I don't really see the point in that.

So:

Using a “support” button to get more supported things to the scratch team but doesn't sort stuff : Partial Support

Using a “love” button to sort the topics on the suggestions page : No Support

But…

Using a “Good” button or star system on the requests forum (Should be an Option if added) : No-Partial Support

ScratchCatHELLO
I have 5600+ posts, I've been on scratch for 5 1/2 years, I'm a Forum Helper™ and I have a Scratch Wiki account!
I like: Python, CSS, Javascript, Rust

Python 3 Text Adventure
cool new browser game - cursed laughing-crying emoji - Illuminati - you know waterbenders, but do you know stock-imagebenders? - snek - vibin' - Bump song (vevo) - Speed bump - yee - fred - m i c k e y