Discuss Scratch

SuperDoom
Scratcher
1000+ posts

What do we think of the Nintendo Switch Online Membership?

nickeljorn wrote:

Ryrie36 wrote:

So earlier this month, I realized that Nintendo hasn't revealed their NES games for the month, even though it's been almost a week. So I thought “Wait, are they actually planning something big for online!? ARE WE GETTING SOMETHING OTHER THAN NES!?”

Nope. Just 2 NES games (TWO, by the way, TWO a month.) and a feature that literally only matters if you are actually wanting to play the games.

Why are people still defending this garbage?

EarthBound Beginnings when If Nintendo doesn’t have their best franchise on their new console after two years, they’re such cowards.
Wii U had to wait three years. 3DS had to wait five.

WARNING: Anything I post is either stupid, sarcastic, or ironic. I am not to be taken seriously. Feel free to make fun of me for anything I say.
“Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.”
essentiallibertyisfreedomofspeech~Benjamin Franklin (This is my motto for replying to suggestions.)
As of 83G1NN1NG/0F/71M3, I use color #322F31 for my posts. If it's a link, I use #1AA0D8.
CLICK THIS LINK TO INSTANTLY CRASH THE SERVERS
Alexa, play Space Invaders.
As of November 7th, 2019, I have my computer back.
I'm awake from 11:00 AM to 11:30 PM CST (12:00 PM to 12:30 AM EST). Please be more active during that time.
I've moved to -THENEXT_LEVEL-.
SuperDoom
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Belle-Delphine wrote:

they arnt selling enough bathwater

WARNING: Anything I post is either stupid, sarcastic, or ironic. I am not to be taken seriously. Feel free to make fun of me for anything I say.
“Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.”
essentiallibertyisfreedomofspeech~Benjamin Franklin (This is my motto for replying to suggestions.)
As of 83G1NN1NG/0F/71M3, I use color #322F31 for my posts. If it's a link, I use #1AA0D8.
I'm awake from 11:00 AM to 11:30 PM CST (12:00 PM to 12:30 AM EST). Please be more active during that time.
Ryrie36
Scratcher
1000+ posts

nickeljorn wrote:

Ryrie36 wrote:

So earlier this month, I realized that Nintendo hasn't revealed their NES games for the month, even though it's been almost a week. So I thought “Wait, are they actually planning something big for online!? ARE WE GETTING SOMETHING OTHER THAN NES!?”

Nope. Just 2 NES games (TWO, by the way, TWO a month.) and a feature that literally only matters if you are actually wanting to play the games.

EarthBound Beginnings when If Nintendo doesn’t have their best franchise on their new console after two years, they’re such cowards.
How about you request SNES games instead?

You might get a better Earthbound game with that.

when green flag clicked
move (2) steps
KABOOM
Nintendo Fan/Forum Hobbit/G-PG humor at the wrong time.
Over 2000 posts and counting.

Check out my second account, BiIvaMunner! It has high quality video game rips!
CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

nickeljorn wrote:

Ryrie36 wrote:

This month also marks the 30th anniversary of the release of Mother, so this would've been the perfect time for them to drop Earthbound Beginnings.

bottom text
Ryrie36
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CatsUnited wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

Ryrie36 wrote:

This month also marks the 30th anniversary of the release of Mother, so this would've been the perfect time for them to drop Earthbound Beginnings.
Oh.

Still, we shouldn't beg for more NES games. We might give Nintendo the wrong idea.
Beg for a MOTHER collection instead.

when green flag clicked
move (2) steps
KABOOM

CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ryrie36 wrote:

Oh.

Still, we shouldn't beg for more NES games. We might give Nintendo the wrong idea.
inb4 nintendo does but makes it japan only

bottom text
SuperDoom
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CatsUnited wrote:

Ryrie36 wrote:

Oh.

If Square Enix can localize Seiken Densetsu 3, then anything can happen.

nickeljorn
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CatsUnited wrote:

Ryrie36 wrote:

Oh.

"Just what is the Summer Solstice, besides the day I melt into a puddle of fuzzy puppy fluff?”-Isabelle, Animal Crossing New Leaf
Ryrie36
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Apparently a lot of people have been experiencing lag on SMM2's online. As expected.
I haven't been experiencing much lag, but it's not fair to those who do.
And despite this, there are still some sheep that defend this service.

when green flag clicked
move (2) steps
KABOOM

CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ryrie36 wrote:

Apparently a lot of people have been experiencing lag on SMM2's online. As expected.
You should see the lag I get from playing SMM2 online sometimes
It takes about 5 seconds for 1 in-game second to happen.

bottom text
EZ-Games
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CatsUnited wrote:

Ryrie36 wrote:

You should see the lag I get from playing SMM2 online sometimes
It takes about 5 seconds for 1 in-game second to happen.

Oof, that sucks.

God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
John 3:17

Advice:
Saying “Support” or “No Support” doesn't contribute anything to the conversation.
A question that has already been answered doesn't need to be answered twice with the same answer - bring something new to the table.
SuperDoom
Scratcher
1000+ posts

We'll get Super Nintendo games once Nintendo runs out of first-party NES games.

Here's a list of them (taken from Wikia). Bold means that they haven't come yet. Italic means they required an accessory.

1985:

Baseball
Clu Clu Land
Donkey Kong Jr. Math
Golf
Gyromite
Hogan's Alley

Ice Climber
Pinball
Stack-Up

Super Mario Bros.
Tennis
Wild Gunman
Wrecking Crew
Duck Hunt
Excitebike

1986:

Balloon Fight
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong 3
Donkey Kong Jr
Mario Bros.
Popeye
Urban Champion
Gumshoe

Metroid

1987:

Kid Icarus
The Legend of Zelda
Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!
Pro Wrestling
Soccer
Volleyball

1988:

Ice Hockey
Donkey Kong Classics
Super Mario Bros. 2
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

1989:

Tetris
To the Earth
Short Order/Eggsplode

1990:

Nintendo World Championships 1990
Super Mario Bros. 3
Vs. Dr. Mario
Barker Bill's Trick Shooting

Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream
NES Play Action Football
Dr. Mario
StarTropics

1991:

NES Open Tournament Golf

1993:

Kirby's Adventure
Mario is Missing!

1994:

Mario's Time Machine
Wario's Woods
Zoda's Revenge (wasn't listed)

If Nintendo keeps releasing two a month, and stops doing third-party games altogether until Super Nintendo games come out, it'll take about two years.

Spycapt54
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SuperDoom wrote:

We'll get Super Nintendo games once Nintendo runs out of first-party NES games.

Here's a list of them (taken from Wikia). Bold means that they haven't come yet. Italic means they required an accessory.

1985:

Baseball
Clu Clu Land
Donkey Kong Jr. Math
Golf
Gyromite
Hogan's Alley

Ice Climber
Pinball
Stack-Up

Super Mario Bros.
Tennis
Wild Gunman
Wrecking Crew
Duck Hunt
Excitebike

1986:

Balloon Fight
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong 3
Donkey Kong Jr
Mario Bros.
Popeye
Urban Champion
Gumshoe

Metroid

1987:

Kid Icarus
The Legend of Zelda
Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!
Pro Wrestling
Soccer
Volleyball

1988:

Ice Hockey
Donkey Kong Classics
Super Mario Bros. 2
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

1989:

Tetris
To the Earth
Short Order/Eggsplode

1990:

Nintendo World Championships 1990
Super Mario Bros. 3
Vs. Dr. Mario
Barker Bill's Trick Shooting

Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream
NES Play Action Football
Dr. Mario
StarTropics

1991:

NES Open Tournament Golf

1993:

Kirby's Adventure
Mario is Missing!

1994:

Mario's Time Machine
Wario's Woods
Zoda's Revenge (wasn't listed)

If Nintendo keeps releasing two a month, and stops doing third-party games altogether until Super Nintendo games come out, it'll take about two years.
R.O.B. games, Popeye, Educational games, DK Classics, and the V.S. games probably won't be on the service.

Last edited by Spycapt54 (July 22, 2019 16:32:48)

Spycapt54
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The general consensus is that 99% of NES games aren't worth playing or even buying.

Also, SEGA is much better at preserving their games and sell them for dirt cheap on Steam because they know that these games are old and had their time in the sun. $5 for NES games is ridiculous. Have I played NES Pinball or the countless sports games for NES? No, but why would I? If I wanted a sports game, one on the NES wouldn't even be my last choice. Give us games we want to play, gosh darn it.
nickeljorn
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ryrie36 wrote:

But sheep are floofy

"Just what is the Summer Solstice, besides the day I melt into a puddle of fuzzy puppy fluff?”-Isabelle, Animal Crossing New Leaf
Spycapt54
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I can't believe you need Switch Online to share levels in Mario Maker 2.

I was really excited for this game. I didn't pick up the first one and the new content in the sequel looked like a ton of fun, but most of the game is locked behind this stupid membership.

I've heard other people say this about Splatoon 2 with the focus on online matches. At least Smash and Mariokart can be played locally on one system and have lots of offline content. As far as I can tell, most of Splatoon 2 is online only.
yaov_1991
Scratcher
500+ posts

I know I’m going to sound like a grandpa who says he misses the good ol’ days, but—
Why are people complaining about there only being NES games? Can you AT LEAST appreciate what it has to offer? I don’t care if the game is old or not, I just want fun. That’s the reason we even bother playing video games, we just want fun.

I’m sure people are gonna argue with me until the heat death of the universe happens.

SuperDoom
Scratcher
1000+ posts

yaov_1991 wrote:

I know I’m going to sound like a grandpa who says he misses the good ol’ days, but—
Why are people complaining about there only being NES games? Can you AT LEAST appreciate what it has to offer? I don’t care if the game is old or not, I just want fun. That’s the reason we even bother playing video games, we just want fun.

I’m sure people are gonna argue with me until the heat death of the universe happens.
Yes, because Kirby's Adventure is SO much more fun than Super Star. </s>

Spycapt54
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SuperDoom wrote:

yaov_1991 wrote:

Yes, because Kirby's Adventure is SO much more fun than Super Star. </s>
I like Adventure more than Super Star.

I don't think the problem isn't that we only have NES games, it's the weird choices, lack of third-party titles, and slow drip-feeding of games that are upsetting people. Heck, I think people would tolerate the inclusions of sports games (I can't imagine playing virtual golf, wrestling, or volleyball on an NES.) if they gave us more games per month or released two or three NES games multiple times per month instead of just once. Some of the most popular NES games were made by third-party developers like Capcom, Namco, and Konami, but their games aren't on the service. That's probably because they made compilations of and re-released said beloved titles, but I digress.
Ryrie36
Scratcher
1000+ posts

yaov_1991 wrote:

I'd actually perfer not having any old games over the NES games because at least with the lack of any retro titles it's just a one and done disappointment. With the NES games, it keeps kicking me in the face that we don't get anything else until they say so.
SNES/N64 should've been on here on day ONE of the service.

I'd like to keep the NES games at the moment though so it can bridge our way to the other consoles.

when green flag clicked
move (2) steps
KABOOM