Discuss Scratch

• Discussion Forums
  • » Collaboration
  • » [HELP WANTED!!!! WE NEED PROGRAMMERS FAMILIAR WITH ☁☁☁CLOUD DATA!☁☁☁] ***JOIN US!*** | The Earthworm Jim Scratch Project [RSS Feed]
thundermaster1
Scratcher
28 posts

[HELP WANTED!!!! WE NEED PROGRAMMERS FAMILIAR WITH ☁☁☁CLOUD DATA!☁☁☁] ***JOIN US!*** | The Earthworm Jim Scratch Project

dude341 wrote:

thundermaster1 wrote:

dude341 wrote:

thundermaster1 wrote:

From the experience I have, I can tell you a few things. It's great that you're paying attention to the details with the text render and that stuff, but I would suggest fleshing out the main program and then going back to insert the details. A course of action could be to get all the programmers and level creators together to create a bare-bones scrolling platformer, then you can add the tiles and artwork that the artists create and then focus on cloud save. After that, you might want to consider polishing the project with a text render and some nice parallax or anything you can think of. After you finish the main project, you can then have the translators translate it, although it would be hard to physically do that in the code. Once you've finished that, have the marketers advertise. That's at least how I would do it.
The reason I'm doing the text renderer first is because I want to get a basic debug and level select screen up and working, which I can use as a template for all future projects, as well as the Earthworm Jim 2 port. Basically allowing me to control the project before I add things like an actual title screen, etc.

I can see your point with starting off with the stuff that the player will see first, but the actual platformer is the main part of the project, so I was just suggesting to work on that first. A basic menu screen is quite easy to program, but making the levels and cloud stuff will be a lot harder. It's just that I feel like first working on the main game is more important than starting off with the small details that can be inserted later.
The text renderer is part of the internal core of the game - it is a way for the game to output data.

cs369396 wrote:

So is there anything I cam start working on right now, or is there still more to do before we begin development?
Not just yet, but you will have something to do soon because development has started.

What do you mean the internal core of the game? A text renderer doesn't make the player move or obey physics. It's just an added bonus we can insert later. I would just like to get working on the main part of the project and stop fussing with side details. Can we please just start working?
dude341
Scratcher
1000+ posts

[HELP WANTED!!!! WE NEED PROGRAMMERS FAMILIAR WITH ☁☁☁CLOUD DATA!☁☁☁] ***JOIN US!*** | The Earthworm Jim Scratch Project

thundermaster1 wrote:

What do you mean the internal core of the game? A text renderer doesn't make the player move or obey physics. It's just an added bonus we can insert later. I would just like to get working on the main part of the project and stop fussing with side details. Can we please just start working?
We have started working.

The text renderer is so that the scripts can output data. It's for important debugging purposes. There will be platforming code probably in the next update - you can work on it, if you like. Make sure to follow the instructions on the dev cycle post in order to develop.

Placeholder
TheAwesome98
Scratcher
37 posts

i will do it in a bit i'm waiting for my wiki id to change AGAIN -_-
if (wiki_id) then
if on edge, bounce
fart
end
on edge not like the edge of the stage, but like the edge of edgey-ness

Last edited by TheAwesome98 (Aug. 5, 2019 16:44:46)

you know how someone can be smart and dumb?? I’m like that
when green flag clicked
think of a good signature::custom
set [output v] to (output of last [think of a good signature v]::custom)
if <(output::variables) fails::custom> then
make some more sus blocks::operators // figured out comments it’s just common “//” syntax
wait until <boolean variable::variables>
grey::grey
ring ({
test::grey
}::ring)::operators //works?? Can’t see it cause of sig height (can do later on desktop, see below)
end
how are you here? did they extend signatures or are you using the debugger? Anyway, it’s good to see you. I might put an Easter egg or some sort of ARG down here one day but for now, no.

Turns out, ctrl-shift-down while highlighting lets you see more so this is useless, but cool to know.
MESGAME
Scratcher
20 posts

I guess I could build the levels?
dude341
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MESGAME wrote:

I guess I could build the levels?
Use the application forum on the front page in order to apply.

Placeholder
MESGAME
Scratcher
20 posts

Level Designer
Username: NEW GAME
4 for active
76 for level design
Example of work: sonic rebirth sonic 1 (I can't do copy and paste because I'm using fire OS, which doesn't support it)
I am following the topic.
I'll try to keep up. But I'm not active much on this account….
dude341
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MESGAME wrote:

Level Designer
4 for active
76 for level design
Example of work: sonic rebirth sonic 1 (I can't do copy and paste because I'm using fire OS, which doesn't support it)
Accepted.

Placeholder
MESGAME
Scratcher
20 posts

dude341 wrote:

MESGAME wrote:

Level Designer
4 for active
76 for level design
Accepted.
I'll see what I can do if I'm online at the afternoon
Miastonished
Scratcher
100+ posts

Woah. That is going to be hard. I hope you get it done, I would love to see it!

not active on forums
Dragon_Archives
Scratcher
43 posts

Am I removed from the project?
dude341
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Malijohnson wrote:

?

That's completely random. What would make you think that?

Placeholder
Dragon_Archives
Scratcher
43 posts

==

dude341 wrote:

Malijohnson wrote:

?

The reason why is because the thing has been so inactive…. In my opinion. Because I am trying to see if there is a New Post but nothing. All it is is some other form that is keep on going on my messages.
dude341
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Malijohnson wrote:

==

dude341 wrote:

Malijohnson wrote:

?

The reason why is because the thing has been so inactive…. In my opinion. Because I am trying to see if there is a New Post but nothing. All it is is some other form that is keep on going on my messages.
Because the collab is on hold, atleast for now. I don't really have as much time as I used to. I'm not sure when work will continue.

Placeholder
Dragon_Archives
Scratcher
43 posts

Okay! I think we should start now! Its perfect timing!
dude341
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Malijohnson wrote:

How is it perfect timing? And this collab is currently on hold.

Placeholder
Dragon_Archives
Scratcher
43 posts

dude341 wrote:

Malijohnson wrote:

How is it perfect timing? And this collab is currently on hold.
Dang it, I thought this wasn't on hold. It was perfect timing because school is here and everyone is uding scratch now
NostalGames
Scratcher
2 posts

Hello there, it was just to ask if the project was REALLY on hold or just cancelled.
I'd really like to see a true Earthworm Jim Project on scratch and help to make it. So, how about it ?
dude341
Scratcher
1000+ posts

NostalGames wrote:

Hello there, it was just to ask if the project was REALLY on hold or just cancelled.
I'd really like to see a true Earthworm Jim Project on scratch and help to make it. So, how about it ?
I guess it's sorta cancelled, but I kinda want to start doing this again.

Placeholder
NostalGames
Scratcher
2 posts

dude341 wrote:

NostalGames wrote:

I guess it's sorta cancelled, but I kinda want to start doing this again.
Cool, but when ? I can start to work right now, but I just want to see if there's anyone else who want to (seriously) start the project…

Here's a little presentation, just in case of…

Level Designer/Pixel artist
Username: NostalGames
4 on 10 for active
Probably 40 for level design and 50 for pixel art
Example of work: Look at my projects, I don't really have TRUE examples, sorry. I can also do a brand new soundtrack with BoscaCeoil, it's easy to use !
I'm not really active, but I usually work on pixel arts without posting them. I should probably do…
Penguina808
Scratcher
41 posts

I'm still an option
  • Discussion Forums
  • » Collaboration
  • » [HELP WANTED!!!! WE NEED PROGRAMMERS FAMILIAR WITH ☁☁☁CLOUD DATA!☁☁☁] ***JOIN US!*** | The Earthworm Jim Scratch Project [RSS Feed]