Discuss Scratch

Scratch2849
Scratcher
500+ posts

Super Mario Maker 2 Topic

NSMA 3-1: Twister Test Clouds

Desc: A confusing puzzle with Twisters. Some parts are just skill testers, others are machines with Twisters.
ID: NSP-F16-CYG

I'm at Rank B and 2239 points. What rating are you guys in? I'm sure most of you played MV, right?

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Last edited by Scratch2849 (Aug. 15, 2019 14:51:09)

Twister2849 - your avrage persun™
I WAS LAZY WITH MY SCRATCH NAME I WANT TO BE TWISTER | apparently kumquats are evil and you need to be moist | 1000th post coming soon!

im too lazy to do anything i can come back to this community one day. i might. idk im bored.
ScratchCatBoo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

This is awesome. (It makes the Angry Sun look 10 times better in the NSMBU Style.)

MIITOPIA FOR SWITCH WAHOO
Welcome! This is my forum signature!

<<Favorite game?> Kinda hard to decide, maybe Smash Ultimate, maybe Mario Super Sluggers, etc.>
<<How active are you?> Forums and comments are pretty high, but the rate that projects get shared is low for now.>
<<How finished is this signature?> As you can tell, I'm kinda running out of ideas *And space!*. I'll add more later.>

Piglin D A N C E

Quagsire
SuperDoom
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ScratchCatBoo wrote:

This is awesome. (It makes the Angry Sun look 10 times better in the NSMBU Style.)
I almost want to mod my Nintendo Switch!

WARNING: Anything I post is either stupid, sarcastic, or ironic. I am not to be taken seriously. Feel free to make fun of me for anything I say.
“Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.”
essentiallibertyisfreedomofspeech~Benjamin Franklin (This is my motto for replying to suggestions.)
As of 83G1NN1NG/0F/71M3, I use color #322F31 for my posts. If it's a link, I use #1AA0D8.
CLICK THIS LINK TO INSTANTLY CRASH THE SERVERS
Alexa, play Space Invaders.
As of November 7th, 2019, I have my computer back.
I'm awake from 11:00 AM to 11:30 PM CST (12:00 PM to 12:30 AM EST). Please be more active during that time.
I've moved to -THENEXT_LEVEL-.
yaov_1991
Scratcher
500+ posts

Scratch2849
Scratcher
500+ posts

ScratchCatBoo wrote:

I like how when Mario reaches the flagpole, the Sun is terrified.
What about this one? It's from Newer Super Mario Bros Wii. (It looks kinda bad to me.) The real Newer Wii Sun has a wide variety of attacks, so maybe people can mod the angry sun to make it have more attacks.
There's also some videos in YouTube about the Moon killing the Sun.

The original:

Last edited by Scratch2849 (Aug. 17, 2019 20:42:21)

I WAS LAZY WITH MY SCRATCH NAME I WANT TO BE TWISTER | apparently kumquats are evil and you need to be moist | 1000th post coming soon!

im too lazy to do anything i can come back to this community one day. i might. idk im bored.
Mr_PenguinAlex
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Just got the game like 5 mins ago lol

EZ-Games
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mr_PenguinAlex wrote:

Just got the game like 5 mins ago lol

Congrats, I am still poor so yeet.

God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
John 3:17

Advice:
Saying “Support” or “No Support” doesn't contribute anything to the conversation.
A question that has already been answered doesn't need to be answered twice with the same answer - bring something new to the table.
ScratchCatBoo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

You had ONE job, Nintendo. Well, it isn't THAT bad, but it still will annoy me for years to come.
What is it?

See those Stone Bricks up there? I didn't place them. It's the game's “Barrier” blocks. It blocks people from going over certain objects. (Like the Clear Pipe)
My Evidence?

I'm at the top of the level, where the game starts using the “Barrier” blocks. Try it out for yourself in the SM3DW Style, just be sure to place the blocks (Clear Pipes are the the main one that use Barriers that are visible) at the top so that it will use the Barrier blocks.
It doesn't ruin the game or anything, just kinda annoys me.

Actually, if you use a sound effect that shakes the camera, like the one that makes rocks crash down, you can see the barrier blocks, which uses a unique texture not found anywhere else in the game, in other styles.

MIITOPIA FOR SWITCH WAHOO
Welcome! This is my forum signature!

<<Favorite game?> Kinda hard to decide, maybe Smash Ultimate, maybe Mario Super Sluggers, etc.>
<<How active are you?> Forums and comments are pretty high, but the rate that projects get shared is low for now.>
<<How finished is this signature?> As you can tell, I'm kinda running out of ideas *And space!*. I'll add more later.>

Piglin D A N C E

Quagsire
clawthirtythree
Scratcher
100+ posts

ScratchCatBoo wrote:

You had ONE job, Nintendo. Well, it isn't THAT bad, but it still will annoy me for years to come.
What is it?

See those Stone Bricks up there? I didn't place them. It's the game's “Barrier” blocks. It blocks people from going over certain objects. (Like the Clear Pipe)
My Evidence?

I'm at the top of the level, where the game starts using the “Barrier” blocks. Try it out for yourself in the SM3DW Style, just be sure to place the blocks (Clear Pipes are the the main one that use Barriers that are visible) at the top so that it will use the Barrier blocks.

Actually, if you use a sound effect that shakes the camera, like the one that makes rocks crash down, you can see the barrier blocks, which uses a unique texture not found anywhere else in the game, in other styles.
So they made 4 separate textures for something you can only see via sound effects or airship theme???

Out of all sites, Scratch is clearly the
the
the best site to go on.
yaov_1991
Scratcher
500+ posts

ScratchCatBoo wrote:

What is it?

My Evidence?

funny how they bothered actually making them

Scratch2849
Scratcher
500+ posts

ScratchCatBoo wrote:

What is it?
It's the game's “Barrier” blocks. It blocks people from going over certain objects. (Like the Clear Pipe)
My Evidence?

I already knew that. Check these comments. Basically, it prevents you from going over spikes. In one of my (deleted) levels, there was a grey barrier over a clear pipe. It looks ugly in levels, though.

Last edited by Scratch2849 (Aug. 19, 2019 23:31:22)

Scratch2849
Scratcher
500+ posts

So a few weeks ago, people discovered a game-breaking glitch in Mario Maker 2.

The whole game stops clearing frames, even sound effects break. This only works in clear checks or playing (not testing) your levels, not in the editor. If you pause the game while this glitch is happening, and resume, it’ll get even more glitchy. In 3D World, if you do that, everything will go blurry and fuzzy. If you pause and resume in the 3D World style, the whole glitch area turns into a shadow-themed level like in the actual 3D World.

Fun fact: If you try this in any theme besides ground theme, when you do this, the theme will turn into ground theme. For example, if you did this in snow theme at night, the theme will change to ground BUT the nighttime effect and music are still there so the floor will be slippery in ground theme. Works in other (nighttime) styles, too.

Last edited by Scratch2849 (Aug. 18, 2019 14:23:04)

lunaraemaemae
Scratcher
50 posts

……………..I PLAY SMM2 2!

(^_^)   
this is my kumquat killer.STRIKE THAT DEMON DOWN PAPYRUS!!!!
sowut123
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch2849 wrote:

The whole game stops clearing frames, even sound effects break. This only works in clear checks or playing (not testing) your levels, not in the editor. If you pause the game while this glitch is happening, and resume, it’ll get even more glitchy. In 3D World, if you do that, everything will go blurry and fuzzy. If you pause and resume in the 3D World style, the whole glitch area turns into a shadow-themed level like in the actual 3D World.

Fun fact: If you try this in any theme besides ground theme, when you do this, the theme will turn into ground theme. For example, if you did this in snow theme at night, the theme will change to ground BUT the nighttime effect and music are still there so the floor will be slippery in ground theme. Works in other (nighttime) styles, too.
Besides teleporting you to the bottom-left corner, the glitch looks like it doesn't affect gameplay. It just looks like a fun thing to try.

Over the years, I've outgrown this website, so this is a mostly inactive account. I might come back from time to time to mess around, but don't count on it. Bye.
CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch2849 wrote:

-image-

SMM2 - Windows XP error simulator

bottom text
Ryrie36
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CatsUnited wrote:

Scratch2849 wrote:

-image-

Marisa Stole The Precious Mushroom

when green flag clicked
move (2) steps
KABOOM
Nintendo Fan/Forum Hobbit/G-PG humor at the wrong time.
Over 2000 posts and counting.

Check out my second account, BiIvaMunner! It has high quality video game rips!
SuperDoom
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch2849 wrote:

I just get a black void. The melting effect only occurs in a small area near the top-right portion of the screen. I might need to dock my Switch for the full effect. Anybody know where my cord is?

WARNING: Anything I post is either stupid, sarcastic, or ironic. I am not to be taken seriously. Feel free to make fun of me for anything I say.
“Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.”
essentiallibertyisfreedomofspeech~Benjamin Franklin (This is my motto for replying to suggestions.)
As of 83G1NN1NG/0F/71M3, I use color #322F31 for my posts. If it's a link, I use #1AA0D8.
I'm awake from 11:00 AM to 11:30 PM CST (12:00 PM to 12:30 AM EST). Please be more active during that time.
yaov_1991
Scratcher
500+ posts

CatsUnited wrote:

Scratch2849 wrote:

-image-

look guys i won solitare

SuperDoom
Scratcher
1000+ posts

yaov_1991 wrote:

CatsUnited wrote:

Scratch2849 wrote:

-image-

look guys i won solitare
Was thinking the EXACT same thing!

Scratch2849
Scratcher
500+ posts

If you do the glitch in the editor, you’ll crash the game. So do it in clear checks or playing it in Coursebot.