Discuss Scratch

Samantha208
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SHA Audio Drama Script Collaboration

Popcorn_books123 wrote:

Samantha208 wrote:

What've you guys thought about the auditions so far?

I’ve seen all the ones with August, and honestly I’m not super impressed. They quite definitely aren’t bad, but none of them really stick out to me. What about you and Allie?

…There hasn't been many people who've hit the right voice for me. The closest one's voice a just the tiniest bit too low, but they read the lines just right. I'm starting to worry that the second line ‘do I really have a choice?’ gave people the wrong impression of her.
Popcorn_books123
Scratcher
100+ posts

Samantha208 wrote:

Popcorn_books123 wrote:

Samantha208 wrote:

I’ve seen all the ones with August, and honestly I’m not super impressed. They quite definitely aren’t bad, but none of them really stick out to me. What about you and Allie?

…There hasn't been many people who've hit the right voice for me. The closest one's voice a just the tiniest bit too low, but they read the lines just right. I'm starting to worry that the second line ‘do I really have a choice?’ gave people the wrong impression of her.

Same. When I wrote the line, “Let’s see if we can break that rule.” I really imagined a heavy emphasis on that, and most people are emphasizing break and I feel like I’m really critical when I say this but I’ve seen people that are good but emphasize the wrong word and I don’t like it cause August voice wouldn’t be hers without her emphasized words.
sfshelbyw
Scratcher
100+ posts

Popcorn_books123 wrote:

Samantha208 wrote:

Popcorn_books123 wrote:

Samantha208 wrote:

Same. When I wrote the line, “Let’s see if we can break that rule.” I really imagined a heavy emphasis on that, and most people are emphasizing break and I feel like I’m really critical when I say this but I’ve seen people that are good but emphasize the wrong word and I don’t like it cause August voice wouldn’t be hers without her emphasized words.
When I auditioned for August, the only reason I put the emphasis on the right words was because I remember that you said to do that when you gave Illuminated your audition lines. For some reason, she didn't put that one detail in the project. Maybe you could ask her to change that.
IlluminatedWater
Scratcher
77 posts

Samantha208 wrote:

sfshelbyw wrote:

Samantha208 wrote:

IlluminatedWater wrote:

Samantha208 wrote:

Well, we certainly got a LOT of remixes for the amount of time it's been shared. But no boy auditions for Principal Pluto.
no male auditions, period.
Well, there was this one person who said he was going to try out for the male characters. He said he should have the audition out soon. Also, it's probably going to be more difficult to get a voice for Principal Pluto because there aren't a whole lot of adults on Scratch (I'm pretty sure). If we run out of time and we still don't have any auditions for him, I could probably get my dad to do it or something lol

Hopefully everything pulls together. There's some people who I think could be good fits for certain characters.
Yeah, and the dude that said he would audition for boys is jasonthescracther, someone I used to be in an animation studio with, before I ended up dissolving it. He made a fake audition for April Fools, but have no idea when he will release it. Also, I guess one of us could do the lines and deepen the voice in Audacity.
Samantha208
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Popcorn_books123 wrote:

Samantha208 wrote:

Popcorn_books123 wrote:

Samantha208 wrote:

Personality I always thought that she’d emphasis that in her sentence. like she’s up too something, but not like she’s actually damageing or hurting anything. She talks like a real person.

Last edited by Samantha208 (April 9, 2019 02:48:48)

Popcorn_books123
Scratcher
100+ posts

Samantha208 wrote:

Popcorn_books123 wrote:

Samantha208 wrote:

Popcorn_books123 wrote:

Samantha208 wrote:

Personality I always thought that she’d emphasis that in her sentence. like she’s up too something, but not like she’s actually damageing or hurting anything. She talks like a real person.

Yeah.
Samantha208
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Did you see anyone you thought might be good for someone else?
Samantha208
Scratcher
1000+ posts

*when your trying to write the first training scene but don't know how SHA's training works*
Popcorn_books123
Scratcher
100+ posts

Samantha208 wrote:

Did ya’ll hear that Bleu audition? I dunno what you think about the voice for Bleu but I really like it so yeah (it’s glitchy though)

Last edited by Popcorn_books123 (April 11, 2019 00:30:27)

Samantha208
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Popcorn_books123 wrote:

Samantha208 wrote:

Did ya’ll hear that Bleu audition? I dunno what you think about the voice for Bleu but I really like it so yeah (it’s glitchy though)
SghlhssgfgjfkfkjhkhdjWHAT?! Someone auditioned for the socially anxious cinnamon roll dipped in sarcasm?
I’ll be right back.
Popcorn_books123
Scratcher
100+ posts

Samantha208 wrote:

Popcorn_books123 wrote:

Samantha208 wrote:

SghlhssgfgjfkfkjhkhdjWHAT?! Someone auditioned for the socially anxious cinnamon roll dipped in sarcasm?
I’ll be right back.

How did you like it? (I added the project to the studio btw)
Samantha208
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Popcorn_books123 wrote:

Samantha208 wrote:

Popcorn_books123 wrote:

Samantha208 wrote:

I’ll be right back.

How did you like it? (I added the project to the studio btw)
Wasn’t bad….I gave the actor some tips to see if we could get better audio before I make up my mind.
Samantha208
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bleu: I don’t like people and sarcasm is my only defense.
Samantha208
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Allie: “…wHy are you calling me so late?”
Bleu: “um, I did something bad.”
Allie: *sighs* “put the corpse on ice I'll be right there.”
Bleu: 'WhAT?! no no no why would I?"
Samantha208
Scratcher
1000+ posts

August: “hey, what's for lunch?”
Allie: “oh I already ate.”
August: “without me?”
Allie: "Well I was hungry. did you want me to get you anything? What do you want?
August: “Loyalty.”
Samantha208
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bleu and Meringue: *walks into exploded kitchen*
Bleu and Meringue: “I hope you have a good explanation for this.”
Allie: “oh we have three actually.”
August: *holds out cards* “pick your favorite!”

Last edited by Samantha208 (April 16, 2019 17:03:29)

Samantha208
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Allie: “Summer's so cold and annoying.”
Summer: *appears* “I heard you were talking sh** about me!”
Samantha208
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bleu: “hey, look on the bright side, at least things can't get any-”
thunder
Allie: *grinning*“'scuse me were you about to say worse?”
“…no.”
“You-your sure?”
“definitely not.”

Last edited by Samantha208 (April 12, 2019 19:42:49)

Samantha208
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Jacob: *with blood on sword and hands*
Jacob: “I feel weird.”
August: "that would be your conscience.“
Jacob: ”oh no that can't be it. I think I got rid of that thing a while ago."
Samantha208
Scratcher
1000+ posts