SHA Audio Drama Script Collaboration

Hello, I'm here now
Samantha208
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Popcorn_books123 wrote:

Samantha208 wrote:

no, it is helpful! The only problem I see is that we would have some trouble making sounds for the fight scenes.

I gtg now, sorry.
Okay, bye! Are you free tomorrow?

I'm on almost everyday. I'll probably be on tomorrow at the same time I was today.
Samantha208
Scratcher
1000+ posts

sfshelbyw wrote:

Hello, I'm here now
Hey, thanks for coming!
Samantha208
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Popcorn_books123 wrote:

But you know what? We could go along the plot lines of my book. If you like that idea. If your fine with me spoiling the book for you, I'll tell you the plot.
This could also work.
Gosh this forum is a mess already…
Samantha208
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I looked up some other audio dramas, to get some ideas. We're defiantly gonna need a large range of sound effects. One that I stumbled upon was called ‘The Bright Sessions’, and it's about therapy for super-powered people. It got me thinking about the details of SHA world. Who started SHA? And who's funding it?

I was also wondering if there's prejudice against mutants like in the Marvel universe? I think it would be interesting, but SHA seems to be a weird combination of Marvel and DC.
sfshelbyw
Scratcher
100+ posts

I also feel like SHA is a lot like My Hero Academia. If you don't know what that is, it's an anime about a school for super heroes in-training. I suggest you watch it if you can (It's really good and it could give you ideas).
Samantha208
Scratcher
1000+ posts

sfshelbyw wrote:

I also feel like SHA is a lot like My Hero Academia. If you don't know what that is, it's an anime about a school for super heroes in-training. I suggest you watch it if you can (It's really good and it could give you ideas).

I haven't been able to watch it, but I do have some on the manga . It's fun!
Popcorn_books123
Scratcher
100+ posts

Just want to explain my general idea for a plot:

So, everyone's new at SHA, and everyone's good. But there's another school, with the not-so-good (Wilson's Academy for the Gifted). Wilson's had planted a mole in SHA (Teacher from unknown heroes - still a little with the original plot). This mole plants kryptonite to weaken Summer, and teaches the wrong thing to the students. After a little bit, though, the students realize who the mole is, and have an epic battle with the Wilson's students. However, while August and Willow (Her twin separated at birth) are fighting, they see each there birthmarks and realize that they are twins.

I like the bare backbone of the plot, maybe leave out the part with August. We could go on to do more, because that just doesn't leave a couple of loose ends thighed up, or we could leave it at that, because it's an okay ending for a plot.
Popcorn_books123
Scratcher
100+ posts

Also, this is really unrelated, but I LOVE your profile pic, sfshelbyw! (But I'll call you Shelby from now on)
sfshelbyw
Scratcher
100+ posts

Oh, thanks Popcorn! (Im just gonna call you that). I didn't draw it, but it looks a lot like me irl so i decided to use it.
Samantha208
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Popcorn_books123 wrote:

So, everyone's new at SHA, and everyone's good. But there's another school, with the not-so-good (Wilson's Academy for the Gifted). Wilson's had planted a mole in SHA (Teacher from unknown heroes - still a little with the original plot). This mole plants kryptonite to weaken Summer, and teaches the wrong thing to the students. After a little bit, though, the students realize who the mole is, and have an epic battle with the Wilson's students. However, while August and Willow (Her twin separated at birth) are fighting, they see each there birthmarks and realize that they are twins.

I like the bare backbone of the plot, maybe leave out the part with August. We could go on to do more, because that just doesn't leave a couple of loose ends thighed up, or we could leave it at that, because it's an okay ending for a plot.

I really like this idea, and it could be very good character development for August. But I am also wondering about who the supporting/main cast will be, and if we are going along with the WSFTG, if we will focuse in some of the villain kids. I have a lot of ideas for villan/antihero type characters that could bounce off a plot like that well. I’m also wondering about the kind of hook we would have for the beginning, to keep the listener interested.

Side note: @Popcorn_books123 is Popcorn, preferred pronouns unknown, @sfshelbyw is Shelby, with I’m assuming she/her/hers/, and I’m…Allie? I just wanted to double check.
Popcorn_books123
Scratcher
100+ posts

So, at the beginning, August has just woken up, and she starts going down the stairs. She knows what's going to happen, just a split second before it does.

She trips.

And she… floats?

Also, I'm good with whatever you want to call me, and my preferred pronouns are she/her/her's or when I'm the August-the-floating-ghost-personality, my preferred pronouns are it/that/all that great stuff.
sfshelbyw
Scratcher
100+ posts

Yeah, those are my preferred pronouns. My first character, Stella, has the same ones, and Adam's are he/his/him.
Samantha208
Scratcher
1000+ posts

sfshelbyw wrote:

Yeah, those are my preferred pronouns. My first character, Stella, has the same ones, and Adam's are he/his/him.

Would you like Adam and Stella to be in it?
IlluminatedWater
Scratcher
77 posts

Samantha208 wrote:

Popcorn_books123 wrote:

I really like this idea, and it could be very good character development for August. But I am also wondering about who the supporting/main cast will be, and if we are going along with the WSFTG, if we will focuse in some of the villain kids. I have a lot of ideas for villan/antihero type characters that could bounce off a plot like that well. I’m also wondering about the kind of hook we would have for the beginning, to keep the listener interested.

Side note: @Popcorn_books123 is Popcorn, preferred pronouns unknown, @sfshelbyw is Shelby, with I’m assuming she/her/hers/, and I’m…Allie? I just wanted to double check.
Samantha208, by the way, if you need any material for villain kids, I have an RP (dead, but still an RP) with characters. https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/4452253/comments/
Samantha208
Scratcher
1000+ posts

IlluminatedWater wrote:

Samantha208, by the way, if you need any material for villain kids, I have an RP (dead, but still an RP) with characters. https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/4452253/comments/

Thanks, I'll check it out.
Popcorn_books123
Scratcher
100+ posts

Samantha208 wrote:

Popcorn_books123 wrote:

So, I was thinking of the main cast sort of like Allie, and Meringue, and like, the people she talks to a lot. Summer and Bleu are definitely supporting cast, cause they are just there sometimes, and both are socially awkward. (NO offense VSG and Allie) Oh, I gotta go bye!

-Popcorn
IlluminatedWater
Scratcher
77 posts

By the way everyone, does anyone have an idea for who will do the cover art? I know the plot needs to be finished, but it might be a good idea to find someone to do that.
Samantha208
Scratcher
1000+ posts

IlluminatedWater wrote:

By the way everyone, does anyone have an idea for who will do the cover art? I know the plot needs to be finished, but it might be a good idea to find someone to do that.
I'd do it, but I want to know everyone else's artistic skills.
sfshelbyw
Scratcher
100+ posts

Samantha208 wrote:

sfshelbyw wrote:

Would you like Adam and Stella to be in it?
Yeah, I would like that (if it's okay with everyone else).