100+ posts

Scratch Writing Camp || Leader discussion for November

cinnamon_bun_puff wrote:

MayaKiona wrote:

EcIipsed wrote:

MayaKiona wrote:

TheEvilChickenNugget wrote:

MayaKiona wrote:

Everyone who's re-applying for leadership, please remember to create the promo/trailer things for the March SWC! No-one did in November. (Yeah, I'm guilty too, but I'm starting work on one now.)
eXCUSE ME
I HAVE TO DO IT IN 3.0?
one of my old projects ISN'T EVEN LOADING
I was only trying to get a mouse pointer from it I tell you
I mean my computer IS supreme lag but-
At least your computer didn't decide to declare war on 2.0 and outright refuse to work if you had more than two tabs open.
(am attempting to re-backpack the sprites that have my large collection of various sounds, but it's not working. It lags and then the backpack dies.)
(EDIT: working on leader app, now it can't save for some reason. I feel like the release of 3.0 was rushed, there's been all these problems today and the ST are apparently still adding stuff to 3.0? What's going on behind the scenes?)

the st plans to roll 3.0 out over 2019 so we will have the whole of scratch in 3.0 and the editor be more stable, most likely.

i do agree 3.0 was rushed to though. u said u were there for 1.4 to 2.0- was it rlly unstable then?
Nope. In 2015, the ST set up an entire separate website for 2.0, and it wasn't just the editor like they did this time with 3.0, it was the full 2.0 website. They invited a bunch of people to beta test the thing for several months, (nah, I wasn't one of the beta testers, didn't find out about beta testing until after 2.0 was officially launched) changed some parts of the website according to the feedback received, and then took the 1.4 website down and swapped the two. And the swap wasn't rushed, they took their time to do it properly. It was 3 whole days before Scratch was up again, but it worked.
wow, even though it sounds like it took a while, it really makes sense, because they not only took the time to do it, but they actually based it off of user's input. I wonder why they didn't do it with 2.0 to 3.0.
Maybe there's new, inexperienced people on the team, or for some reason they absolutely had to get 3.0 released in January?
(Figured out why my leader app isn't saving! The music I uploaded to the project is too awesome. (okay maybe not but the music has something to do with it because it SAVED FINE WHEN I DIDN'T UPLOAD THE MUSIC)
(EDIT: I opened the song in Audacity and converted it to a .mp3 file, and IT SAVED IT FINALLY WOO! It was a .wav file last time I tried. Huh.)

Last edited by MayaKiona (Jan. 4, 2019 03:58:58)

*spookily strums banjo*
cinnamon_bun_puff
Scratcher
500+ posts

MayaKiona wrote:

cinnamon_bun_puff wrote:

MayaKiona wrote:

EcIipsed wrote:

MayaKiona wrote:

MayaKiona wrote:

Everyone who's re-applying for leadership, please remember to create the promo/trailer things for the March SWC! No-one did in November. (Yeah, I'm guilty too, but I'm starting work on one now.)
eXCUSE ME
I HAVE TO DO IT IN 3.0?
At least your computer didn't decide to declare war on 2.0 and outright refuse to work if you had more than two tabs open.
(am attempting to re-backpack the sprites that have my large collection of various sounds, but it's not working. It lags and then the backpack dies.)
(EDIT: working on leader app, now it can't save for some reason. I feel like the release of 3.0 was rushed, there's been all these problems today and the ST are apparently still adding stuff to 3.0? What's going on behind the scenes?)

the st plans to roll 3.0 out over 2019 so we will have the whole of scratch in 3.0 and the editor be more stable, most likely.

i do agree 3.0 was rushed to though. u said u were there for 1.4 to 2.0- was it rlly unstable then?
Nope. In 2015, the ST set up an entire separate website for 2.0, and it wasn't just the editor like they did this time with 3.0, it was the full 2.0 website. They invited a bunch of people to beta test the thing for several months, (nah, I wasn't one of the beta testers, didn't find out about beta testing until after 2.0 was officially launched) changed some parts of the website according to the feedback received, and then took the 1.4 website down and swapped the two. And the swap wasn't rushed, they took their time to do it properly. It was 3 whole days before Scratch was up again, but it worked.
wow, even though it sounds like it took a while, it really makes sense, because they not only took the time to do it, but they actually based it off of user's input. I wonder why they didn't do it with 2.0 to 3.0.
Maybe there's new, inexperienced people on the team, or for some reason they absolutely had to get 3.0 released in January?
(Figured out why my leader app isn't saving! The music I uploaded to the project is too awesome. (okay maybe not but the music has something to do with it because it SAVED FINE WHEN I DIDN'T UPLOAD THE MUSIC)
hm maybe? idk

c i n n a m o n _ b u n _ p u f f

“Even the darkest hour has only 60 minutes.”
~ Morris Mandel
cinnamon_bun_puff
Scratcher
500+ posts

marshmallowmuffins wrote:

EcIipsed wrote:

WintyMint wrote:

EVERYONE

CEEBEE’S PROFILE COMMENTS

HNGGHGHH WHAT

ikr

im gonna screen record it

this is going down in history
WE'LL GO DOWN IN HISTORYYYYYY
REMEMBER ME FOR CENTURIESSSS
WE'LL GO DOWN IN HISTORYYYYYYYYYY
REMEMBER ME FOR CENTURIESSSSSSSS

~ Morris Mandel
marshmallowmuffins
Scratcher
100+ posts

cinnamon_bun_puff wrote:

EcIipsed wrote:

WintyMint wrote:

EVERYONE

HNGGHGHH WHAT

ikr

SOME LEGENDS ARE TOLDDDDD
SOME TURNED TO DUST OR TO GOLDDDDDDD
BUT YOU WILL REMEMBER MEEEEEEEE
REMEMBER MEEEE FOR CENTURIESSSS
cinnamon_bun_puff
Scratcher
500+ posts

cinnamon_bun_puff wrote:

EcIipsed wrote:

WintyMint wrote:

EVERYONE

HNGGHGHH WHAT

ikr

OH YEAAEAAEAEAA
REMEMBER ME FOR CENTURIESSS

~ Morris Mandel
MayaKiona
Scratcher
100+ posts

cinnamon_bun_puff wrote:

MayaKiona wrote:

cinnamon_bun_puff wrote:

MayaKiona wrote:

EcIipsed wrote:

MayaKiona wrote:

MayaKiona wrote:

eXCUSE ME
I HAVE TO DO IT IN 3.0?

hm maybe? idk
I fixed it, finally! I opened the song in Audacity and converted it to a .mp3 file, and IT SAVED IT WHEN I UPLOADED IT TO THE PROJECT! So apparently 3.0 chokes on .wav files now. Am not impressed.

*spookily strums banjo*
cinnamon_bun_puff
Scratcher
500+ posts

MayaKiona wrote:

cinnamon_bun_puff wrote:

MayaKiona wrote:

cinnamon_bun_puff wrote:

MayaKiona wrote:

EcIipsed wrote:

MayaKiona wrote:

MayaKiona wrote:

eXCUSE ME
I HAVE TO DO IT IN 3.0?

hm maybe? idk
I fixed it, finally! I opened the song in Audacity and converted it to a .mp3 file, and IT SAVED IT WHEN I UPLOADED IT TO THE PROJECT! So apparently 3.0 chokes on .wav files now. Am not impressed.
oh it does? well darn it

~ Morris Mandel
EcIipsed
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cinnamon_bun_puff wrote:

cinnamon_bun_puff wrote:

EcIipsed wrote:

WintyMint wrote:

EVERYONE

HNGGHGHH WHAT

ikr

OH YEAAEAAEAEAA
REMEMBER ME FOR CENTURIESSS

IM FREAKING OUT

WE STAN
EcIipsed
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cinnamon_bun_puff wrote:

MayaKiona wrote:

cinnamon_bun_puff wrote:

MayaKiona wrote:

cinnamon_bun_puff wrote:

MayaKiona wrote:

EcIipsed wrote:

MayaKiona wrote:

MayaKiona wrote:

eXCUSE ME
I HAVE TO DO IT IN 3.0?

hm maybe? idk
oh it does? well darn it

but people on the team that helped from 1.4 to 2.0 are still on the team
cinnamon_bun_puff
Scratcher
500+ posts

EcIipsed wrote:

cinnamon_bun_puff wrote:

MayaKiona wrote:

cinnamon_bun_puff wrote:

MayaKiona wrote:

cinnamon_bun_puff wrote:

MayaKiona wrote:

EcIipsed wrote:

MayaKiona wrote:

MayaKiona wrote:

eXCUSE ME
I HAVE TO DO IT IN 3.0?

hm maybe? idk
oh it does? well darn it

but people on the team that helped from 1.4 to 2.0 are still on the team
yeah
like basically everyone
maybe they wanted to try something new? idk it probably won't make sense to ask them bc their profile comments are getting spammed…

~ Morris Mandel
Sunshine_the_Rainbow
Scratcher
1000+ posts

EcIipsed wrote:

WintyMint wrote:

EVERYONE

HNGGHGHH WHAT

ikr

coincidentally i was just told who that was

thanks
cinnamon_bun_puff
Scratcher
500+ posts

Sunshine_the_Rainbow wrote:

EcIipsed wrote:

WintyMint wrote:

EVERYONE

HNGGHGHH WHAT

ikr

thanks
wait explain please

~ Morris Mandel
-Chocolistic-
Scratcher
100+ posts

cinnamon_bun_puff wrote:

EcIipsed wrote:

WintyMint wrote:

EVERYONE

HNGGHGHH WHAT

ikr

thanks
wait explain please
What. Is happening. To ceebee's profile comments?????
What have we done.

Sunshine_the_Rainbow
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-Chocolistic- wrote:

cinnamon_bun_puff wrote:

EcIipsed wrote:

WintyMint wrote:

EVERYONE

HNGGHGHH WHAT

ikr

thanks
wait explain please
What have we done.
yes its beautiful

other people continued it

dab dab

angelica

dab dab

eliza

and pAGGY

Last edited by Sunshine_the_Rainbow (Jan. 4, 2019 04:38:58)

cinnamon_bun_puff
Scratcher
500+ posts

-Chocolistic- wrote:

cinnamon_bun_puff wrote:

EcIipsed wrote:

WintyMint wrote:

EVERYONE

HNGGHGHH WHAT

ikr

thanks
wait explain please
What have we done.
i don't want to know
what has 3.0 done too

~ Morris Mandel
WintyMint
Scratcher
500+ posts

-Chocolistic- wrote:

cinnamon_bun_puff wrote:

EcIipsed wrote:

WintyMint wrote:

EVERYONE

HNGGHGHH WHAT

ikr

thanks
wait explain please
What have we done.
yes its beautiful

other people continued it

dab dab

angelica

dab dab

eliza

and pAGGY
workworkworkworkworkworkwork

W i N T Y
WriterDreamerSarcasticAsianArtistMath
Just your average nerdy, geeky, mintastical artist.

pianorecorder
Scratcher
1000+ posts

wait i have millions of questions and comments
1) who started ceebee's lowkey thingie
2) should i do it (i think i should but idk lol)
3) looking at what y'all are talking about, it seems like they did rush 3.0 unlike 2.0 even though i wasn't there
4) what does 1.4 look like again because i remember a completely different scratch searching thingie but i don't know what edition that was
5) um the shazam person really seems to hate your lit chain right now
6)
et cetera
9mil) i did say i have millions of questions and comments XD

Last edited by pianorecorder (Jan. 4, 2019 05:04:00)

cinnamon_bun_puff
Scratcher
500+ posts

pianorecorder wrote:

3) looking at what y'all are talking about, it seems like they did rush 3.0 unlike 2.0 even though i wasn't there
4) what does 1.4 look like again because i remember a completely different scratch searching thingie but i don't know what edition that was
6)
et cetera
imma try and answer them
1) idk
2) no i don't think so but if you want go ahead (i'm probably the only one who hasn't done it yet lol)
3) this one isn't a question? but yeah according to maya 1.4 to 2.0 wasn't rushed but 2.0 to 3.0 was
4) according to the wiki - https://en.scratch-wiki.info/wiki/Scratch_1.4
5) again not a question but apparently so
6) no question
9mil) you did yes

~ Morris Mandel
WintyMint
Scratcher
500+ posts

pianorecorder wrote:

6)
et cetera

1) sirbffq
2) ye

W i N T Y
WriterDreamerSarcasticAsianArtistMath
Just your average nerdy, geeky, mintastical artist.