Discuss Scratch

MayaKiona
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch Writing Camp || Leader discussion for November

Everyone who's re-applying for leadership, please remember to create the promo/trailer things for the March SWC! No-one did in November. (Yeah, I'm guilty too, but I'm starting work on one now.)

*spookily strums banjo*
TheEvilChickenNugget
Scratcher
500+ posts

MayaKiona wrote:

Everyone who's re-applying for leadership, please remember to create the promo/trailer things for the March SWC! No-one did in November. (Yeah, I'm guilty too, but I'm starting work on one now.)
eXCUSE ME
I HAVE TO DO IT IN 3.0?
one of my old projects ISN'T EVEN LOADING
I was only trying to get a mouse pointer from it I tell you
I mean my computer IS supreme lag but-

Haiza!
I'm Evi…

Totally not stalking you…

Plotting world domination in my sky castle…
Sunshine_the_Rainbow
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MayaKiona wrote:

and then there's me

shamelessly advertising so that thriller would exist

just like i did with horror

hahah queen of shameless advertisement
MayaKiona
Scratcher
100+ posts

TheEvilChickenNugget wrote:

MayaKiona wrote:

eXCUSE ME
I HAVE TO DO IT IN 3.0?
At least your computer didn't decide to declare war on 2.0 and outright refuse to work if you had more than two tabs open.
(am attempting to re-backpack the sprites that have my large collection of various sounds, but it's not working. It lags and then the backpack dies.)
(EDIT: working on leader app, now it can't save for some reason. I feel like the release of 3.0 was rushed, there's been all these problems today and the ST are apparently still adding stuff to 3.0? What's going on behind the scenes?)

Last edited by MayaKiona (Jan. 3, 2019 11:06:17)

*spookily strums banjo*
EcIipsed
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MayaKiona wrote:

MayaKiona wrote:

eXCUSE ME
I HAVE TO DO IT IN 3.0?
At least your computer didn't decide to declare war on 2.0 and outright refuse to work if you had more than two tabs open.
(am attempting to re-backpack the sprites that have my large collection of various sounds, but it's not working. It lags and then the backpack dies.)
(EDIT: working on leader app, now it can't save for some reason. I feel like the release of 3.0 was rushed, there's been all these problems today and the ST are apparently still adding stuff to 3.0? What's going on behind the scenes?)

the st plans to roll 3.0 out over 2019 so we will have the whole of scratch in 3.0 and the editor be more stable, most likely.

i do agree 3.0 was rushed to though. u said u were there for 1.4 to 2.0- was it rlly unstable then?
cinnamon_bun_puff
Scratcher
500+ posts

EcIipsed wrote:

MayaKiona wrote:

MayaKiona wrote:

eXCUSE ME
I HAVE TO DO IT IN 3.0?

the st plans to roll 3.0 out over 2019 so we will have the whole of scratch in 3.0 and the editor be more stable, most likely.

i do agree 3.0 was rushed to though. u said u were there for 1.4 to 2.0- was it rlly unstable then?
yeah, it did seem really rushed bc after it released like every 5 minutes the servers were down to fix smth

c i n n a m o n _ b u n _ p u f f

“Even the darkest hour has only 60 minutes.”
~ Morris Mandel
cinnamon_bun_puff
Scratcher
500+ posts

MayaKiona wrote:

eXCUSE ME
I HAVE TO DO IT IN 3.0?
i mean ig you could use the offline editor… right

~ Morris Mandel
TheEvilChickenNugget
Scratcher
500+ posts

cinnamon_bun_puff wrote:

EcIipsed wrote:

MayaKiona wrote:

MayaKiona wrote:

eXCUSE ME
I HAVE TO DO IT IN 3.0?

yeah, it did seem really rushed bc after it released like every 5 minutes the servers were down to fix smth
Yeah ikr
It was like 9pm for me and I was just checking to see of anything had happened and my comments weren't loading at all

Haiza!
I'm Evi…

Totally not stalking you…

Plotting world domination in my sky castle…
cinnamon_bun_puff
Scratcher
500+ posts

cinnamon_bun_puff wrote:

EcIipsed wrote:

MayaKiona wrote:

MayaKiona wrote:

eXCUSE ME
I HAVE TO DO IT IN 3.0?

Yeah ikr
It was like 9pm for me and I was just checking to see of anything had happened and my comments weren't loading at all
it went down like 4am but since it's winter break i went to sleep around 1am and ab. 8am i was chatting with someone from scratch through a different website and she told me scratch was back around noon and i was shook

~ Morris Mandel
MayaKiona
Scratcher
100+ posts

EcIipsed wrote:

MayaKiona wrote:

MayaKiona wrote:

eXCUSE ME
I HAVE TO DO IT IN 3.0?

Nope. In 2015, the ST set up an entire separate website for 2.0, and it wasn't just the editor like they did this time with 3.0, it was the full 2.0 website. They invited a bunch of people to beta test the thing for several months, (nah, I wasn't one of the beta testers, didn't find out about beta testing until after 2.0 was officially launched) changed some parts of the website according to the feedback received, and then took the 1.4 website down and swapped the two. And the swap wasn't rushed, they took their time to do it properly. It was 3 whole days before Scratch was up again, but it worked.

*spookily strums banjo*
cinnamon_bun_puff
Scratcher
500+ posts

MayaKiona wrote:

EcIipsed wrote:

MayaKiona wrote:

MayaKiona wrote:

eXCUSE ME
I HAVE TO DO IT IN 3.0?

Nope. In 2015, the ST set up an entire separate website for 2.0, and it wasn't just the editor like they did this time with 3.0, it was the full 2.0 website. They invited a bunch of people to beta test the thing for several months, (nah, I wasn't one of the beta testers, didn't find out about beta testing until after 2.0 was officially launched) changed some parts of the website according to the feedback received, and then took the 1.4 website down and swapped the two. And the swap wasn't rushed, they took their time to do it properly. It was 3 whole days before Scratch was up again, but it worked.
wow, even though it sounds like it took a while, it really makes sense, because they not only took the time to do it, but they actually based it off of user's input. I wonder why they didn't do it with 2.0 to 3.0.

~ Morris Mandel
EcIipsed
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cinnamon_bun_puff wrote:

MayaKiona wrote:

EcIipsed wrote:

MayaKiona wrote:

MayaKiona wrote:

eXCUSE ME
I HAVE TO DO IT IN 3.0?

wow, even though it sounds like it took a while, it really makes sense, because they not only took the time to do it, but they actually based it off of user's input. I wonder why they didn't do it with 2.0 to 3.0.

thats actually pretty awesome
WintyMint
Scratcher
500+ posts

cinnamon_bun_puff wrote:

MayaKiona wrote:

EcIipsed wrote:

MayaKiona wrote:

MayaKiona wrote:

eXCUSE ME
I HAVE TO DO IT IN 3.0?

i already have experience!!!1!!1!!1!!1!!!

W i N T Y
WriterDreamerSarcasticAsianArtistMath
Just your average nerdy, geeky, mintastical artist.

cinnamon_bun_puff
Scratcher
500+ posts

EcIipsed wrote:

cinnamon_bun_puff wrote:

MayaKiona wrote:

EcIipsed wrote:

MayaKiona wrote:

MayaKiona wrote:

eXCUSE ME
I HAVE TO DO IT IN 3.0?

thats actually pretty awesome
yeah, i wish they did that this time so it wouldn't be so chaotic….

~ Morris Mandel
WintyMint
Scratcher
500+ posts

EVERYONE

CEEBEE’S PROFILE COMMENTS

HNGGHGHH WHAT

W i N T Y
WriterDreamerSarcasticAsianArtistMath
Just your average nerdy, geeky, mintastical artist.

marshmallowmuffins
Scratcher
100+ posts

WintyMint wrote:

EVERYONE

HNGGHGHH WHAT
OMG AAAAA THIS IS BEAUTIFUL
cinnamon_bun_puff
Scratcher
500+ posts

WintyMint wrote:

EVERYONE

HNGGHGHH WHAT
im scared to see them

what happened is there an explanation

Last edited by cinnamon_bun_puff (Jan. 4, 2019 03:29:27)

~ Morris Mandel
MayaKiona
Scratcher
100+ posts

WintyMint wrote:

EVERYONE

HNGGHGHH WHAT
What.