Discuss Scratch

mybearworld
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The New Super Mario Topic WII (note: not just for Super Mario Wii)

The sound effects used when the spike ball wonder thing destroys stuff sounds an awful lot like the Wii Sports bowling sound effect lol (at 8:48-ish)
Also, the online mode may actually avoid the whole “one player has bad internet -> everyone has lag” thing, because people don't interact that much, still feels a little weird, though
Also also, some people saying that they are, again, not doing anything with the world map themes: Seems to me like that would kind of destroy the point of the wonder flowers, or at least make them much less special.
Also also also, I'm kind of worrying that the badges will be useless for most of the levels, and only really work for some specific levels - this has been a little bit of a problem with the Super Bell in 3D World specifically imo - this brings me to:
Also also also also, the drill powerup is very interesting as it currently looks like that will allow skipping of a lot of parts. Ceiling could be mitigated by not having a ceiling too often, but it's difficult for me to see how most levels wouldn't be skippable with just the drill. This is a very obvious thing, though, and I'm sure the game designers have thought this through, I'm very excited to see what comes out of it.
Also also also also also, on one hand I get easy mode Yoshi but on the other I really hate it. Make some different kinds of Nabbit, but I'd've really loved playing as Yoshi in the game, and now I can't really do that without making it way too easy.
Also also also also also also, how on earth will the power-ups play with some of the flower parts? Seems like some of them don't make much sense with power-ups.
Also also also also also also also, to add onto that before, no ice flower? :(

Last edited by mybearworld (Sept. 4, 2023 18:52:00)

Signatures are the only place where assets links still work.
excelguru
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I turned the talking flower into a gif.

Last edited by excelguru (Sept. 12, 2023 02:56:34)

How to Make a Mouse Trail
Want to add a mouse trail to your Scratch projects? Try our latest tutorial!
excelguru
Scratcher
1000+ posts

BUUUUUUUUUUUMP!!!!!
Okay, it's time for a new topic. I vote to move and propose the name “The Mario Topic.”

It's weird that we now have two Mario RPGs in development and both are remakes, but no upcoming sports games. And King Boo is in Mario Wonder but only as a wonder effect? And Mario Kart Tour and the BCP are coming to the close, and SMBW seems to be commencing a new age for the Mario franchise, away from Charles Martinet and the New Soup artstyle, but remakes are keeping Martinet's voice. But will Super Mario RPG have Martinet's voice, the new voice, or retain the original's lack of voice acting? All three options seem weird. Oh and what will the character select look like in the final version of Mario Kart 8? If no more characters come out than are announced there will be 50 in total so maybe 5 rows of 10? If there are more characters than initially predicted, might there also be new karts, tires and gliders? I suspect there will be a secret character, probably King Mario as a costume for Mario, who is unlocked by beating every BCP cup. And then there's the mystery of the new tracks. Madrid Drive, Rome Avanti, and the two Piranha Plant tracks are inevitable. Daisy Circuit is confirmed. And there doesn't seem to be a good track to be the very last other than Wii Rainbow Road. That leaves two mystery tracks.

Oh yeah, and Mario vs. Donkey Kong is back. Remember when those games came out every millisecond?

excelguru
Scratcher
1000+ posts

It's time to settle this once and for all
Who is the best (Nintendo-created) Toad?
  • Toad (red mushroom spots, blue vest)
  • Red Toad (red mushroom spots, red vest)
  • Blue Toad
  • Yellow Toad - 1
  • Green Toad
  • Purple Toad
  • Toadette
  • Toadsworth

Last edited by excelguru (Oct. 2, 2023 15:18:43)

mybearworld
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Yellow Toad is great

excelguru
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Breaking news: Nintendo Network is ending in April 2024, so you won't be able to play Super Mario Maker online

excelguru
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bump

PaperMarioFan2022
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Sunshine was awesome, but sort of flawed in a way. Like that one time in Switch Sunshine, I sky rocketed over a barrier in the sky at Bianco Hills and some other placed with a glitch lol

PaperMarioFan2022 wrote:

I need to buy Super Paper Mario and Galaxy 2 again…

Hello! Welcome to my signature!

I am a real Mario enthusiast and a fan of the franchise and also getting into the field of IT. I also play Luigi's Mansion and other games too!

Profile | Ocular | ScratchStats | PostPercent | GitHub Main | Snap!

Professional Mario Enthusiast / (NEW!) 3DS FC: 2252-0951-8546 / (NEW!) Switch FC: SW-2091-2478-9614 / (removed - due to concerns in moderation) ARarePaper

I forgor my account password to give an internet ☠

I’ve been a Scratcher since 2021!

My glorious meme section (scroll down to see more)

Lake_Lapcat_Cats
Scratcher
99 posts

PaperMarioFan2022 wrote:

Sunshine was awesome, but sort of flawed in a way. Like that one time in Switch Sunshine, I sky rocketed over a barrier in the sky at Bianco Hills and some other placed with a glitch lol

PaperMarioFan2022 wrote:

I never bothered to finish Sunshine because of that one boss.

Join the Lake Lapcat army, the big cats of Lake Lapcat.
PaperMarioFan2022
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Lake_Lapcat_Cats wrote:

PaperMarioFan2022 wrote:

PaperMarioFan2022 wrote:

Which one? There's a lot of them, to be honest. For example, you've got Petey Pirana, Wiggler, some goopy pirana plants, shadow Mario, the steaming hot chain chomps, etc.

I am a real Mario enthusiast and a fan of the franchise and also getting into the field of IT. I also play Luigi's Mansion and other games too!

Professional Mario Enthusiast / (NEW!) 3DS FC: 2252-0951-8546 / (NEW!) Switch FC: SW-2091-2478-9614 / (removed - due to concerns in moderation) ARarePaper

Lake_Lapcat_Cats
Scratcher
99 posts

PaperMarioFan2022 wrote:

Lake_Lapcat_Cats wrote:

PaperMarioFan2022 wrote:

PaperMarioFan2022 wrote:

Which one? There's a lot of them, to be honest. For example, you've got Petey Pirana, Wiggler, some goopy pirana plants, shadow Mario, the steaming hot chain chomps, etc.
Probably Wiggler if I can remember.

PaperMarioFan2022
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Lake_Lapcat_Cats wrote:

I know for sure beating him the first time wasn't so hard, but you usually have to see what F.L.U.D.D. is telling the player, which gives some pointers on how to defeat the boss.

Lake_Lapcat_Cats
Scratcher
99 posts

PaperMarioFan2022 wrote:

Lake_Lapcat_Cats wrote:

I know for sure beating him the first time wasn't so hard, but you usually have to see what F.L.U.D.D. is telling the player, which gives some pointers on how to defeat the boss.
I may see if that works when I get the chance to play it again.

Last edited by Lake_Lapcat_Cats (Oct. 14, 2023 19:14:31)

mybearworld
Scratcher
1000+ posts

So… it's out!
I've only played the first level and half of the second level so far, but it's really interesting how different it feels to the previous games.

-ColorMaster-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mario Wonder was really clearly made with the 4-6 year old age range in mind, not that that's a bad thing, it's still a very creative, well polished game, just a lot of the game makes sense when viewed from that lens. I'm sure there's going to be a lot of little kids who get this game for Christmas or something and love it.

Just a baseball nerd with an absurdist sense of humor.

creator of more than 7 posts, each one stupider than the one before

mybearworld
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Sort-of easter egg
https://transfer.sh/xPFrQh1ink/was-it-something-i-said.mp4

The direction they took for this game is very interesting.

gplb2718
Scratcher
500+ posts

I'm currently listening to the Wonder OST without context because I don't want to be spoiled. The only music I know is the one in 1-2 ( I think, a commenter said so) from the Wonder Effect.

excelguru
Scratcher
1000+ posts

So what exactly is the intended way to beat “Kick It, Outmaway” in SMBW? Some people say you are supposed to wait it out and some people say you are supposed to defeat the enemy.

whiplash6699
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The crossover we got but sure as heck didn't want

Autistic male who surfs the forums and talks about the weirdest and most obscure stuff he can think of. HUGE Mario fan.

mybearworld
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Fun Mario Wonder thing: With Yoshi, you can move the Bubble Flower out of its bubble.