Discuss Scratch

• Discussion Forums
  • » Suggestions
  • » Redesigning the header--Expandable Search Bar, The Discuss Button, and About Button! Win-win Solution for #BringItBack! [RSS Feed]
KJRYoshi07
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Redesigning the header--Expandable Search Bar, The Discuss Button, and About Button! Win-win Solution for #BringItBack!

Bump! We can still all #BringItBack!

moved accounts lol
venyanwarrior
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Redesigning the header--Expandable Search Bar, The Discuss Button, and About Button! Win-win Solution for #BringItBack!

KJRYoshi07 wrote:

Bump! We can still all #BringItBack!
YES!

If you're seeing this signature, that means I've come out of my social anxiety hole.

Also, I edit the Scratch Wiki. Check it out sometime it's cool I guess.
wWSunPandaWw
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump

I moved to BelieverGirlSun
paws48
Scratcher
500+ posts

PintOfMilk wrote:

It is a nice idea but the reason it got removed because in my opinion the ST want to limit the people using forums. Also for a parent a discuss button may drive them away.
But ST has no reason to drive people away from the forums. It's a pretty vital thing for the community.
And if Scratch is child-friendly, why would it drive them away?

Last edited by paws48 (June 3, 2018 20:51:12)

PrincessFlowerTV
Scratcher
1000+ posts

#BringItBack
In otherwords, bump.

Got to be good looking cause he's so hard to see -The Beatles

(Thank you @just-there from The Profile Picture Shop for the banner ^^)

Nothing's down here, sorry to disappoint you.

JK. there may be something down there…

Maybe not, tho.

You're determined, aren't you?

Talar du Svenska? Om inte, det ar fin.

Just stop it, will ya?

Fine, you win.

Take a rice cake. *yeets you a rice cake*
Say “Thanks for that rice cake, Kewpie!” if you made it this far.
kenny2scratch
Scratcher
500+ posts

PrincessFlowerTV wrote:

#BringItBack
In otherwords, bump.
I believe you mean #BumpItBack

post brought to you by the preview links bug and previously the uploads site bug. 看一下中文 Scratch 維基想參加?請參考這頁
Join the Scratch Wiki!
Made by Scratchers, for Scratchers, since December 6, 2008

PrincessFlowerTV
Scratcher
1000+ posts

kenny2scratch wrote:

PrincessFlowerTV wrote:

#BringItBack
In otherwords, bump.
I believe you mean #BumpItBack
Lol, yup.

Maybe not, tho.

Just stop it, will ya?

Fine, you win.

wWSunPandaWw
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump

wWSunPandaWw
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Overdue bump.

TheAdriCoolManDude
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Support! With this, my friends can actually get to learn the forums!

LionHeart70
Scratcher
1000+ posts

have i posted on this topic before? ah well, here's my updated post:
Support, I've been noticing the forums getting a lot less active, and this suggestion might help the forums become active again.
However, no support for removing the “my stuff” button, I'm sure a lot of users use that one more often and we don't want to cause more chaos. Neutral support for removing the About section, since some users might still use it.

lh70 / nora/tobi / she-they pronouns / pansexual-demisexual / 14 / sagittarius / furry / artist / intp / stop-motion films / lbp / fall out boy / panic! at the disco / twenty one pilots / stranger things / a series of unfortunate events
“When you have a bad day, a really bad day, try and treat the world better than it treated you.” -Patrick Stump
“Music seems to hold everything together. It seems to make things not so chaotic sometimes. It seems to make things make more sense sometimes.” -Tyler Joseph
“You'll fear your fears forever if you never do things you're afraid of.” -Josh Dun
“I'm still figuring out who I am, but I know I'm not who I was.” -Brendon Urie
Tymewalk
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LionHeart70 wrote:

have i posted on this topic before? ah well, here's my updated post:
Support, I've been noticing the forums getting a lot less active, and this suggestion might help the forums become active again.
However, no support for removing the “my stuff” button, I'm sure a lot of users use that one more often and we don't want to cause more chaos. Neutral support for removing the About section, since some users might still use it.
“My Stuff” is definitely a button that gets used. I don't think I ever bother clicking on my username to go to My Stuff.

“About” should really be left there, since anybody wanting to check out the site (especially teachers or parents) will probably need to read it rather than have it buried at the bottom of the page.

bold thing - italic thing - underlined thing - strikethrough thing
Sheep_maker
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Tymewalk wrote:

“About” should really be left there, since anybody wanting to check out the site (especially teachers or parents) will probably need to read it rather than have it buried at the bottom of the page.
Then show it only to signed out users. Likewise, the Discuss link can be shown only to signed in users, and Tips can be shown only to new Scratchers.

- Sheep_maker This is a kumquat-free signature. :P
This is my signature. It appears below all my posts. Discuss it on my profile, not the forums. Here's how to make your own.
.postsignature { overflow: auto; } .scratchblocks { overflow-x: auto; overflow-y: hidden; }
PrincessFlowerTV
Scratcher
1000+ posts

#BumpItBack

Last edited by PrincessFlowerTV (July 19, 2018 16:58:44)

Maybe not, tho.

Just stop it, will ya?

Fine, you win.

LuckyLucky7
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PrincessFlowerTV wrote:

#BumpItBack
XF

I have about 3450 posts, 90 shared projects, 180 total created/followed topics, and 425 followers.

PrincessFlowerTV
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PrincessFlowerTV wrote:

#BumpItBack

Maybe not, tho.

Just stop it, will ya?

Fine, you win.

-ShadowOfTheFuture-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Seriously, though, why hasn't this been implemented already?

<Insert uncreative signature here>

██       ██  ██            ██  ██       ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██
███ ███ ██ ████ ██ ███ ███
█████████ █████ █████ █████████

“Though the seasons come and go, and sunshine turns to snow, we will always have tomorrow up ahead.”
wWSunPandaWw
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-ShadowOfTheFuture- wrote:

I asked Paddle if this suggestion could be passed on to the rest of the team, but he says that developing 3.0 is their main priority right now.
But yes, I agree, my suggestion honestly looks like it could take under an hour.

kenny2scratch
Scratcher
500+ posts

wWSunPandaWw wrote:

I asked Paddle if this suggestion could be passed on to the rest of the team, but he says that developing 3.0 is their main priority right now.
But yes, I agree, my suggestion honestly looks like it could take under an hour.
I literally did the original implementation (the one on the Wiki that sparked this whole thing) in about 5 minutes. They just need to overthink it for a few months.

post brought to you by the preview links bug and previously the uploads site bug. 看一下中文 Scratch 維基想參加?請參考這頁
Join the Scratch Wiki!
Made by Scratchers, for Scratchers, since December 6, 2008

wWSunPandaWw
Scratcher
1000+ posts

kenny2scratch wrote:

wWSunPandaWw wrote:

I literally did the original implementation (the one on the Wiki that sparked this whole thing) in about 5 minutes. They just need to overthink it for a few months.
Okay, so they lose five minutes of 3.0 development. But that's just one team member working on the navbar. That's either just that one member doing an extra five minutes of work or another team member doing that lost five minutes. This is no honking huge project that has to wait until January to be done because it takes an entire team to complete it in two days. It takes literally one team member and five minutes.

Last edited by wWSunPandaWw (July 26, 2018 11:50:19)

• Discussion Forums
  • » Suggestions
  • » Redesigning the header--Expandable Search Bar, The Discuss Button, and About Button! Win-win Solution for #BringItBack! [RSS Feed]