Discuss Scratch

phbug
Scratcher
100+ posts

Phbug's WoF Collab story Discussion Thread

TeamTrimble101 wrote:

Does ANYONE know who I can talk with to get someone's project featured
I have no clue. None of us have ever had that happen, and that post is also kinda off topic.

Well, I should probably get back to work. If I stop rowing for too long, the slave ship starts going around in circles.
phbug
Scratcher
100+ posts

Magicon wrote:

Lol. What about we use the CharWings and ThunderWings. The story could take place in Plantera (I forgot what's it's called)! How does that sound?
Nah, we don't know enough about Pantela to go there yet. Heck, we don't know much about Pyrrhia either.

Well, I should probably get back to work. If I stop rowing for too long, the slave ship starts going around in circles.
NinjaChicken236
Scratcher
42 posts

Did anyone see hat I want to join with my CloudWings?
Magicon
Scratcher
14 posts

phbug wrote:

Magicon wrote:

Lol. What about we use the CharWings and ThunderWings. The story could take place in Plantera (I forgot what's it's called)! How does that sound?
Nah, we don't know enough about Pantela to go there yet. Heck, we don't know much about Pyrrhia either.

What do ya mean?

Magicon, out
NinjaChicken236
Scratcher
42 posts

NinjaChicken236 wrote:

Um…testing? I've never entered a discussion before…
phbug
Scratcher
100+ posts

NinjaChicken236 wrote:

NinjaChicken236 wrote:

Um…testing? I've never entered a discussion before…
You're working. Yes, I saw. Maybe. We don't know yet. Right now we're just throwing ideas at a wall, and making a big pile.

09penguin
Scratcher
34 posts

I like the ideas for CloudWings, ThunderWings, and CharWings. How ‘bout StoneWings (or something like that).
They’re greyish in color and lack wings (this is subject to change, however). They have very strong horns and claws, which they use to mine valuable metals and jewels, which they then use to make weapons and trade for animus-touched objects. If you use this idea, we can tweak it a bit, but this is just a start.

Penguin out
NinjaChicken236
Scratcher
42 posts

09penguin wrote:

I like the ideas for CloudWings, ThunderWings, and CharWings. How ‘bout StoneWings (or something like that).
They’re greyish in color and lack wings (this is subject to change, however). They have very strong horns and claws, which they use to mine valuable metals and jewels, which they then use to make weapons and trade for animus-touched objects. If you use this idea, we can tweak it a bit, but this is just a start.

Hey, that's smart! I LOVE the idea! Maybe they have wings, they just are kinda like chickens (my example for everything) where they can fly, just not very…smoothly or for long distances.
09penguin
Scratcher
34 posts

NinjaChicken236 wrote:

09penguin wrote:

Hey, that's smart! I LOVE the idea! Maybe they have wings, they just are kinda like chickens (my example for everything) where they can fly, just not very…smoothly or for long distances.

Chickens yesss XD

Penguin out
NinjaChicken236
Scratcher
42 posts

09penguin wrote:

NinjaChicken236 wrote:

09penguin wrote:

Chickens yesss XD
YES, CHICKENS ARE AMAZING!!! MAYBE THEY ARE DESCENDANTS OF DRAGONS!
phbug
Scratcher
100+ posts

ALERT TO EVERYONE FOLLOWING THIS THREAD:

Due to the large number of writers who have volunteered to come on to this project, we've decided to split it in half. Blade is taking one half, and I am taking the other. If you have been invited to my studio, continue discussing here. IF you have been invited to BLADE'S studio, find his discussion forum. (Link forthcoming) Thanks!

NinjaChicken236
Scratcher
42 posts

Um…plot suggestion…maybe one of the tribes (StoneWings?) is in hiding…kinda like everyone thinks they are extinct, but then they are really powerful, and start a war…this was really random…and then they really aren't powerful, but they found some animus stuff? If we still have animus stuff…
-Revive-
Scratcher
43 posts

hm, okay…. these are pretty good ideas, I think it'd be neat if each writer had a character so it would be written like the actual books, except each chapter focuses on different characters, depending on who's writing. The PoV of one character would be interesting too.

For the new tribe, I'm not sure that would be the best idea because we hardly know anything about Pantala and the regular continent is a little too far expanded for a new tribe.

This is -Revive-, Over and out.
phbug
Scratcher
100+ posts

-Revive- wrote:

hm, okay…. these are pretty good ideas, I think it'd be neat if each writer had a character so it would be written like the actual books, except each chapter focuses on different characters, depending on who's writing. The PoV of one character would be interesting too.

For the new tribe, I'm not sure that would be the best idea because we hardly know anything about Pantala and the regular continent is a little too far expanded for a new tribe.
Yeah, so If you will look at the first post in this thread, there's a link to Lost in Pyrrhia, a story that we tried to do w/ multiple writers and pretty much failed at. We're trying to do this one better than that. You should read it though, just to see how we were doing it. I have an epilogue project that explains what we did wrong.

NinjaChicken236
Scratcher
42 posts

Another random idea: Maybe we have characters, and there is this prophecy thing that has been lost for centuries, but then somedragon finds it and them and their friends go on a quest. But meanwhile, some other dragons are trying to stop them…(I'd be completely okay with being the bad dragon, but that's just me…)

Last edited by NinjaChicken236 (March 3, 2018 20:35:58)

TheWirelessBlade
Scratcher
47 posts

-Revive- wrote:

I second on what Phbug said, it didn't work as well as it could have.

We don't write for money or fame or even just to tell a story, we write because we want to know what happens next just as much as you do. That's why we write. - TheWirelessBlade
-Revive-
Scratcher
43 posts

phbug wrote:

-Revive- wrote:

Yeah, so If you will look at the first post in this thread, there's a link to Lost in Pyrrhia, a story that we tried to do w/ multiple writers and pretty much failed at. We're trying to do this one better than that. You should read it though, just to see how we were doing it. I have an epilogue project that explains what we did wrong.

Okay, I like that idea of everyone writing from the perspective of one character then.

phbug
Scratcher
100+ posts

NinjaChicken236 wrote:

Um…plot suggestion…maybe one of the tribes (StoneWings?) is in hiding…kinda like everyone thinks they are extinct, but then they are really powerful, and start a war…this was really random…and then they really aren't powerful, but they found some animus stuff? If we still have animus stuff…

NinjaChicken236 wrote:

Another random idea: Maybe we have characters, and there is this prophecy thing that has been lost for centuries, but then somedragon finds it and them and their friends go on a quest. But meanwhile, some other dragons are trying to stop them…(I'd be completely okay with being the bad dragon, but that's just me…)
So, um, another thing, I want to try to AVOID ANIMUS MAGIC IF POSSIBLE. Everyone uses it now, what happened to Rare Power? Plus, it just makes the story that much less interesting.

phbug
Scratcher
100+ posts

-Revive- wrote:

phbug wrote:

-Revive- wrote:

Okay, I like that idea of everyone writing from the perspective of one character then.
So, I agree w/ the no Pantela rule. I also agree w/ the no Animus rule. And we could still do the thing where everyone has their own character, but if we were gonna do that, we need to plan out a play-by-play of what happens so that we can keep a consistent plot. Same if we did one character, but if everyone had their own, it could get a lot more complicated.

-Revive-
Scratcher
43 posts

phbug wrote:

-Revive- wrote:

phbug wrote:

-Revive- wrote:

So, I agree w/ the no Pantela rule. I also agree w/ the no Animus rule. And we could still do the thing where everyone has their own character, but if we were gonna do that, we need to plan out a play-by-play of what happens so that we can keep a consistent plot. Same if we did one character, but if everyone had their own, it could get a lot more complicated.
Yeah. I agree with all of those I think it would be cool as well to incorporate an important scavenger character.