Discuss Scratch

CCPlymJoe
Scratcher
100+ posts

The Shopping Plaza 3.0 (Shop Directory 7.0)

ncro2005 wrote:

CCPlymJoe wrote:

ncro2005 wrote:

CCPlymJoe wrote:

ncro2005 wrote:

CCPlymJoe wrote:

ncro2005 wrote:

@CCPlymJoe @CStafford-14
You can do google sites by also using a google form to record submissions, its SO easy. I could make you a sample version so I can show you that it can work and be eye-candy for site visitors.
But voting and shop ratings. Is that possible in Google Sites?
nope
Voting can be posted on the site (just like submissions) as a google form, and who would rate shops? I'll respond as soon as you do.
Make a sample version.
Do you rate shops when you vote though?
No, the people that order from shops vote.
k but who rates the shop?
Anyone - it's because we're trying to 100% automate it.

Last edited by CCPlymJoe (Feb. 15, 2018 21:28:46)

Chocolate muffins
python_megapixel
Scratcher
500+ posts

This is fairly achievable in terms of automation, but it would need to be moderated to the Scratch Community Guidelines

pythonmegapixel he/him or they/them
I have nothing else to put here for now
CCPlymJoe
Scratcher
100+ posts

python_megapixel wrote:

This is fairly achievable in terms of automation, but it would need to be moderated to the Scratch Community Guidelines
Moderate what? There's no custom text to moderate. And the text that is decided by users is simply fetched from the post itself on Scratch.

Chocolate muffins
ncro2005
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CCPlymJoe wrote:

python_megapixel wrote:

Moderate what? There's no custom text to moderate. And the text that is decided by users is simply fetched from the post itself on Scratch.
ok

Hey you! Yes, you! I know you're reading this, so you should check out these things that I've made below!
If you don't, your projects and signatures will be eaten by a evil kumquat!

TheEnhancedText~A Shop where we make text GIF's, pics, and more!~Click me to check it out!
~
Check out the cool games I've made, click here!
ncro2005
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Almost done with the example.

Hey you! Yes, you! I know you're reading this, so you should check out these things that I've made below!

TheEnhancedText~A Shop where we make text GIF's, pics, and more!~Click me to check it out!
~
ncro2005
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ncro2005 wrote:

I'm done with the example, it doesn't have shops on it now but i have the layout, pages, and forms ready.
https://sites.google.com/ucps.k12.nc.us/scratchshopdirectory7/home

~
CStafford-14
Scratcher
100+ posts

ncro2005 wrote:

ncro2005 wrote:

I'm done with the example, it doesn't have shops on it now but i have the layout, pages, and forms ready.

It's pretty good looking, but there are a few things we can't resolve.

I can't use Google Sites. I can use WIX though.
We can't automate anything with Google Sites, and WIX is still working on making Automation possible.

You may be on a network that won't allow you to connect to the site because it's not whitelisted.

CStafford-14 Founder of Azetrico Inc.
I lost the game. Learn more…

CCPlymJoe
Scratcher
100+ posts

ncro2005 wrote:

ncro2005 wrote:

That isn't automatic.

Chocolate muffins
ncro2005
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CStafford-14 wrote:

ncro2005 wrote:

ncro2005 wrote:

We can't automate anything with Google Sites, and WIX is still working on making Automation possible.

You may be on a network that won't allow you to connect to the site because it's not whitelisted.
Reload it, I changed it. Also, why can't you use google sites? If you'd like, while you're building the WIX site, we can use mine. I can add collaborators using their emails/google accounts. What do you mean that it might not let me connect, I can always access it anytime and anywhere with internet connection. Lastly, making a google account is free and easy. I will manage the site for a few hours everyday to add/change things.

Last edited by ncro2005 (Feb. 15, 2018 23:43:57)

~
CCPlymJoe
Scratcher
100+ posts

ncro2005 wrote:

CStafford-14 wrote:

ncro2005 wrote:

ncro2005 wrote:

Reload it, I changed it. Also, why can't you use google sites? If you'd like, while you're building the WIX site, we can use mine. I can add collaborators using their emails/google accounts. What do you mean that it might not let me connect, I can always access it anytime and anywhere with internet connection. Lastly, making a google account is free and easy. I will manage the site for a few hours everyday to add/change things.
Okay, you don't understand how this works. Person (usually the owner of the shop) submits the URL and the category of the shop, then voters decide if the categories they selected are correct, and also specify other information about the shop. If it's approved, then people can search it up. Once people order from the shop, they can rate the shop. This is all fully automatic. We are using GitHub.

Chocolate muffins
ncro2005
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CCPlymJoe wrote:

ncro2005 wrote:

CStafford-14 wrote:

ncro2005 wrote:

ncro2005 wrote:

Okay, you don't understand how this works. Person (usually the owner of the shop) submits the URL and the category of the shop, then voters decide if the categories they selected are correct, and also specify other information about the shop. If it's approved, then people can search it up. Once people order from the shop, they can rate the shop. This is all fully automatic. We are using GitHub.
How do you code all of that? :0 It could be possible to add automacy to google stuff.

~
ncro2005
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Still, you could use my site until the WIX one is ready. Also, on the github page, the vote, search, and submit shop boxes are unclickable.
Hopefully, I didn't waste almost an hour making the site for nothing.

Last edited by ncro2005 (Feb. 16, 2018 00:38:18)

~
hellounicorns2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ncro2005 wrote:

Still, you could use my site until the WIX one is ready. Also, on the github page, the vote, search, and submit shop boxes are unclickable.
Wow that’s actually pretty good

inactive :​)
ncro2005
Scratcher
1000+ posts

hellounicorns2 wrote:

ncro2005 wrote:

Wow that’s actually pretty good
Thank You!

~
CStafford-14
Scratcher
100+ posts

ncro2005 wrote:

CStafford-14 wrote:

ncro2005 wrote:

ncro2005 wrote:

I can't create a Google Account. It won't work with the only Phone I have access to, and it needs phone verification. I can't use Google at all.

CStafford-14
Scratcher
100+ posts

ncro2005 wrote:

CCPlymJoe wrote:

ncro2005 wrote:

CStafford-14 wrote:

ncro2005 wrote:

ncro2005 wrote:

How do you code all of that? :0 It could be possible to add automacy to google stuff.

We blocked those buttons on purpose, and we use Database languages (Such as PHP) to automate it and store everything.
And as I said, you can't automate Google Sites (At All), and It's still in Beta for WIX.

poppybunny
Scratcher
100+ posts

CStafford-14 wrote:

ncro2005 wrote:

CCPlymJoe wrote:

ncro2005 wrote:

CStafford-14 wrote:

ncro2005 wrote:

ncro2005 wrote:

We blocked those buttons on purpose, and we use Database languages (Such as PHP) to automate it and store everything.
And as I said, you can't automate Google Sites (At All), and It's still in Beta for WIX.
Can't we have more that one website, different people see different things.

when [bunny v] key pressed
say [I love Bunnies] for (2) secs
Like Warrior Cats? Try me! I’m a black link!click me! New Scratcher?Don’t forget me
 Call me Poppybunny, Poppy or Bunny. I am she/her. Warrior Cat fan. Fave character= Mapleshade :). Lord of the rings fan. Fave character= Galadriel. Fave animal: Bunny. Fave colour: Yellow. Fave online game outside of Scratch: not sure. Go to my profile and comment the word of the day to receive a *free* (Ts&Cs apply) logo design. Past Words of the day: None so far! Past winners of Logo word of the day: None so far!  Ts&Cs: Only one winner per day. Word of the day is valid until I edit it to a past word of the day. Today's word of the day is Pineapple. I will reply to the winning comment asking for info for your free logo design. You MUST give credit! Quote: Aim for the moon; even if you miss, you are still among the stars. - Author Unknown.
ncro2005
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CStafford-14 wrote:

ncro2005 wrote:

CStafford-14 wrote:

ncro2005 wrote:

ncro2005 wrote:

-snip

I can't create a Google Account. It won't work with the only Phone I have access to, and it needs phone verification. I can't use Google at all.
You don't need phone verification. If you have a smartphone, it will work.

~
ncro2005
Scratcher
1000+ posts

poppybunny wrote:

CStafford-14 wrote:

ncro2005 wrote:

CCPlymJoe wrote:

ncro2005 wrote:

CStafford-14 wrote:

ncro2005 wrote:

ncro2005 wrote:

-snip.
-snip

Exactly! Some people don't want to/can't use GitHub or WIX. This is what I was trying to convey in the first place.

~
poppybunny
Scratcher
100+ posts

ncro2005 wrote:

poppybunny wrote:

CStafford-14 wrote:

ncro2005 wrote:

CCPlymJoe wrote:

ncro2005 wrote:

CStafford-14 wrote:

ncro2005 wrote:

ncro2005 wrote:

-snip.
-snip

Exactly! Some people don't want to/can't use GitHub or WIX. This is what I was trying to convey in the first place.
so I am doing a Wordpress one. Which Does work on smartphones.

when [bunny v] key pressed
say [I love Bunnies] for (2) secs
Like Warrior Cats? Try me! I’m a black link!click me! New Scratcher?Don’t forget me
 Call me Poppybunny, Poppy or Bunny. I am she/her. Warrior Cat fan. Fave character= Mapleshade :). Lord of the rings fan. Fave character= Galadriel. Fave animal: Bunny. Fave colour: Yellow. Fave online game outside of Scratch: not sure. Go to my profile and comment the word of the day to receive a *free* (Ts&Cs apply) logo design. Past Words of the day: None so far! Past winners of Logo word of the day: None so far!  Ts&Cs: Only one winner per day. Word of the day is valid until I edit it to a past word of the day. Today's word of the day is Pineapple. I will reply to the winning comment asking for info for your free logo design. You MUST give credit! Quote: Aim for the moon; even if you miss, you are still among the stars. - Author Unknown.