Discuss Scratch

miles854
Scratcher
100+ posts

Who is attending Scratch Day at MIT this year?

Seeing how many people can't attend, mostly because there to far away to get to MIT easily, and since I'm attending this year, I was thinking of doing some kind of online Scratch Day (but a normal online Scratch Day is just a Scratch Day, and not the Scratch Day at MIT) that I'd integrate Scratch Day at MIT into somehow. Anyone got any ideas on how I could do this? One thing I do know is that I'd be online on Scratch in the online Scratch Day while at the Scratch Day at MIT.

Last edited by miles854 (Feb. 15, 2018 18:49:22)

I use Scratch on a 2022 M2 Macbook Air that is running the last version of macOS Ventura, and the Google Chrome web broswer. I also occasionally use the Scratch offline editor.
PrincessFlowerTV
Scratcher
1000+ posts

miles854 wrote:

Seeing how many people can't attend, mostly because there to far away to get to MIT easily, and since I'm attending this year, I was thinking of doing some kind of online Scratch Day (but a normal online Scratch Day is just a Scratch Day, and not the Scratch Day at MIT) that I'd integrate Scratch Day at MIT into somehow. Anyone got any ideas on how I could do this? One thing I do know is that I'd be online on Scratch in the onoine Scratch Day while at Scratch Day at MIT.
That would be cool- maybe simply create a studio?

I hate you-know-who.

Got to be good looking cause he's so hard to see -The Beatles

(Thank you @just-there from The Profile Picture Shop for the banner ^^)

Nothing's down here, sorry to disappoint you.

JK. there may be something down there…

Maybe not, tho.

You're determined, aren't you?

Talar du Svenska? Om inte, det ar fin.

Just stop it, will ya?

Fine, you win.

Take a rice cake. *yeets you a rice cake*
Say “Thanks for that rice cake, Kewpie!” if you made it this far.
miles854
Scratcher
100+ posts

PrincessFlowerTV wrote:

miles854 wrote:

Seeing how many people can't attend, mostly because there to far away to get to MIT easily, and since I'm attending this year, I was thinking of doing some kind of online Scratch Day (but a normal online Scratch Day is just a Scratch Day, and not the Scratch Day at MIT) that I'd integrate Scratch Day at MIT into somehow. Anyone got any ideas on how I could do this? One thing I do know is that I'd be online on Scratch in the onoine Scratch Day while at Scratch Day at MIT.
That would be cool- maybe simply create a studio?

I could create a studio, but how would I make the studio bring Scratch Day at MIT from MIT to the studio?

Last edited by miles854 (Feb. 25, 2018 17:26:56)

I use Scratch on a 2022 M2 Macbook Air that is running the last version of macOS Ventura, and the Google Chrome web broswer. I also occasionally use the Scratch offline editor.
miles854
Scratcher
100+ posts

Bumping this post since it's getting closer to the main date of Scratch Day 2018, and the closer it gets to the Scratch Day at MIT, the more people will confirm if there going to Scratch Day at MIT or not.

YubNubEwok
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I live in Antarctica, it would be pretty hard to get there.
This is in Massachusetts, right?

And no, I can't go. Too busy and something else that I'd rather keep private prevent me for going.

Hello! I'mYubNubEwok!
YubNubEwok | Star Wars Nerd | Marvel Fan | Hunger Games Fan | #1 Wisconsin cheese Fan | Female | Christian | Webkinz user/collector | 2000+ posts | Philippians 4:13, Colossians 3:23 |
-Stuff to check out-
TheJediMasters
Ⓒⓡⓔⓐⓣⓘⓥⓔ Bᴜᴍᴘs
Right now I challenge you to: go to my profile, follow me, and check out my featured project (it's important!)

;
wWSunPandaWw
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I can't go, since, well, it's in Massachusetts (I don't live near New England).
Plus, I'll be way too busy, then there's plane tickets, convincing my parents to let me go, etc…
So I won't be attending.

Last edited by wWSunPandaWw (March 7, 2018 23:53:59)

I moved to BelieverGirlSun
miles854
Scratcher
100+ posts

If your attending the Scratch Day at MIT this year, information about it is now up on the Scratch Day website at https://day.scratch.mit.edu/events/4509/
Registration according to that page will being on April 7 2018

Last edited by miles854 (March 15, 2018 00:07:37)

Inkulumo
Scratcher
500+ posts

I live in CO, but parents definitely won't let me go out of state till I hit 18
hellounicorns2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hm… let me see. Oh, looks like it’s at the other side of the world! Not sure I’m going!

I live in australia

inactive :​)
melonpan
Scratcher
9 posts

I don't know, it kinda costs $500+… and I have no permission to buy plane tickets and attend an event by myself

My allowance isn't even $400

melonpan, in a nutshell:
ultimate bread alchemist
ultimate sippy cup user
and ultimate tree professor of pokemon
miles854
Scratcher
100+ posts

According to Google there is only 39 days until May 12th, 2018 the date of this years Scratch Day, and there isn't a Scratch Day 2018 forum on Scratch yet. As a result I am bumping this topic again since no one has replied to it in a while and there isn't a Scratch Day 2018 forum to move it to yet.

miles854
Scratcher
100+ posts

Bump. According to Google Search there is now 37 days until May 12th, the date of Scratch Day!

YubNubEwok
Scratcher
1000+ posts

miles854 wrote:

Bump. According to Google Search there is now 37 days until May 12th, the date of Scratch Day!
Hurray! I'm so excited! I can't make it to MIT (even though I want to), but I'm excited for the website activities! By the way, the coming of May means that I'll celebrate 1 year on Scratch.

Hello! I'mYubNubEwok!
YubNubEwok | Star Wars Nerd | Marvel Fan | Hunger Games Fan | #1 Wisconsin cheese Fan | Female | Christian | Webkinz user/collector | 2000+ posts | Philippians 4:13, Colossians 3:23 |
-Stuff to check out-
TheJediMasters
Ⓒⓡⓔⓐⓣⓘⓥⓔ Bᴜᴍᴘs
Right now I challenge you to: go to my profile, follow me, and check out my featured project (it's important!)

;
miles854
Scratcher
100+ posts

I registered for Scratch Day 2018 at MIT on April 7th, the day that registration was opened for the event!

KidoftheEnder45
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I currently live in Illinois, but there's no way I'd be able to get there.

YubNubEwok
Scratcher
1000+ posts

KidoftheEnder45 wrote:

Illinois? Nice! I've traveled through there, the farms look really cool. It's also pretty when the sun goes down.

Hello! I'mYubNubEwok!
-Stuff to check out-
TheJediMasters
Ⓒⓡⓔⓐⓣⓘⓥⓔ Bᴜᴍᴘs

;
KidoftheEnder45
Scratcher
1000+ posts

YubNubEwok wrote:

KidoftheEnder45 wrote:

Illinois? Nice! I've traveled through there, the farms look really cool. It's also pretty when the sun goes down.
I don'r like it too much tbh, I'd rather be back in VA or NC rn

Last edited by KidoftheEnder45 (April 9, 2018 00:00:05)

YubNubEwok
Scratcher
1000+ posts

KidoftheEnder45 wrote:

YubNubEwok wrote:

KidoftheEnder45 wrote:

Oh, you used to live in Virginia or North Carolina?

Hello! I'mYubNubEwok!
-Stuff to check out-
TheJediMasters
Ⓒⓡⓔⓐⓣⓘⓥⓔ Bᴜᴍᴘs

;
KidoftheEnder45
Scratcher
1000+ posts

YubNubEwok wrote:

KidoftheEnder45 wrote:

YubNubEwok wrote:

KidoftheEnder45 wrote:

Lived in VA for a good 2/3 of my life, NC 2 years, been here several.

miles854
Scratcher
100+ posts

KidoftheEnder45 wrote:

YubNubEwok wrote:

KidoftheEnder45 wrote:

YubNubEwok wrote:

KidoftheEnder45 wrote:

Lived in VA for a good 2/3 of my life, NC 2 years, been here several.
You used to live in Virginia and North Carolina? I have relatives who live in North Carolina and some bordering states, with the exception of the state of Georgia. The last 4 years we've met at a house we rent near a beach somewhere in North Carolina around Thanksgiving and it's a nice state. I've also been to Virginia and Washington D.C. a few times as I have a good friend who used to be my babysitter for multiple years when I was younger who lives there, and a relative of my mom who lives near the border of Virginia and North Carolina in the state of Virginia. The US Capitol and Virginia are both nice states to visit. I especilly like the history those states have, as I've seen a lot of historical places there, especially in Washington D.C.
I've never been to Illinios though. My dad works from home, but the company he works for is headquartered near Madison, Wisconsin and has been to Chicago a few times since it's only a few hours drive from Madison to Wisconsin. He want's to take us to Chicago at some point, as Chicago and Houston, TX are the only US Cities with a population over 1 million that I haven't visited yet, the same goes for my older sister and only sibling. My mom's been to Chicago, but hasn't been within my lifetime and I'm 16.