Discuss Scratch

Boomer001
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Guide to Modding Scratch 3.0

Darsh1994 wrote:

Hi! Is anyone know how can I change the blocks category name( eg. change “motion” category name to “movement” )? how to remove some blocks? and add a custom blocks with custom shape?
I think i found out how to that all. Somewhere in here. You can find it in the
path/to/scratch-gui/node_modules/scratch-blocks/blocks_vertical
folder. It has everything of the blocks, you can remove the blocks and the shapes can be changed in this file:
path/to/scratch-gui/node_modules/scratch-blocks/core/block_render_svg_vertical.js

:::::::::   ::::::::   ::::::::  ::::    ::::  :::::::::: :::::::::   :::::::   :::::::    :::   
:+:    :+: :+:    :+: :+:    :+: +:+:+: :+:+:+ :+:        :+:    :+: :+:   :+: :+:   :+: :+:+:   
+:+    +:+ +:+    +:+ +:+    +:+ +:+ +:+:+ +:+ +:+        +:+    +:+ +:+  :+:+ +:+  :+:+   +:+   
+#++:++#+  +#+    +:+ +#+    +:+ +#+  +:+  +#+ +#++:++#   +#++:++#:  +#+ + +:+ +#+ + +:+   +#+   
+#+    +#+ +#+    +#+ +#+    +#+ +#+       +#+ +#+        +#+    +#+ +#+#  +#+ +#+#  +#+   +#+   
#+#    #+# #+#    #+# #+#    #+# #+#       #+# #+#        #+#    #+# #+#   #+# #+#   #+#   #+#   
#########   ########   ########  ###       ### ########## ###    ###  #######   #######  ####### 
CHECK OUT MY FORUM STATS

Maximouse
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Boomer001 wrote:

Darsh1994 wrote:

Hi! Is anyone know how can I change the blocks category name( eg. change “motion” category name to “movement” )? how to remove some blocks? and add a custom blocks with custom shape?
I think i found out how to that all. Somewhere in here. You can find it in the
path/to/scratch-gui/node_modules/scratch-blocks/blocks_vertical
folder. It has everything of the blocks, you can remove the blocks and the shapes can be changed in this file:
path/to/scratch-gui/node_modules/scratch-blocks/core/block_render_svg_vertical.js
Removing blocks is done in scratch-gui, as I explained here.

This is Maximouse's signature. Learn more about signatures.
Darsh1994
New to Scratch
14 posts

Hello thanks for your support so far, it was very helpful

Can you please tell me how can I change the shape of the blocks? so far I know I can change the shape of custom block using “extensions” option. What I want is…

1) Is there any way? where I can use the blocks shape which are present on google blockly?
2) So far I can get the available shapes on scratch from its source code. is there any documentation about all the shapes available in Scratch?

Thanks again
Maximouse
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Darsh1994 wrote:

Hello thanks for your support so far, it was very helpful

Can you please tell me how can I change the shape of the blocks? so far I know I can change the shape of custom block using “extensions” option. What I want is…

1) Is there any way? where I can use the blocks shape which are present on google blockly?
2) So far I can get the available shapes on scratch from its source code. is there any documentation about all the shapes available in Scratch?

Thanks again
I don't know documentation about adding blocks to Scratch. I already mentioned “shape_statement”, “output_string”, “output_number” and “output_boolean”. As you can see in this file there is also “shape_hat” and “shape_end”. For more customization that these built-in shapes offer, you need to edit block's JSON manually: see Blockly documentation.

Maximouse
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I have a problem: scratch-blocks don't build correctly. I'm on Windows and every time I try to open the GUI with my modified scratch-blocks, it prints an error to the console saying
goog.isString is not a function

With the default scratch-blocks it works fine. This didn't happen before and I didn't change the code, so I guess I'm doing something wrong. How can I fix it?

Boomer001
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Maximouse wrote:

I have a problem: scratch-blocks don't build correctly. I'm on Windows and every time I try to open the GUI with my modified scratch-blocks, it prints an error to the console saying
goog.isString is not a function

With the default scratch-blocks it works fine. This didn't happen before and I didn't change the code, so I guess I'm doing something wrong. How can I fix it?
this? (not sure if it helps)

:::::::::   ::::::::   ::::::::  ::::    ::::  :::::::::: :::::::::   :::::::   :::::::    :::   
:+:    :+: :+:    :+: :+:    :+: +:+:+: :+:+:+ :+:        :+:    :+: :+:   :+: :+:   :+: :+:+:   
+:+    +:+ +:+    +:+ +:+    +:+ +:+ +:+:+ +:+ +:+        +:+    +:+ +:+  :+:+ +:+  :+:+   +:+   
+#++:++#+  +#+    +:+ +#+    +:+ +#+  +:+  +#+ +#++:++#   +#++:++#:  +#+ + +:+ +#+ + +:+   +#+   
+#+    +#+ +#+    +#+ +#+    +#+ +#+       +#+ +#+        +#+    +#+ +#+#  +#+ +#+#  +#+   +#+   
#+#    #+# #+#    #+# #+#    #+# #+#       #+# #+#        #+#    #+# #+#   #+# #+#   #+#   #+#   
#########   ########   ########  ###       ### ########## ###    ###  #######   #######  ####### 
CHECK OUT MY FORUM STATS

R4356th
Scratcher
1000+ posts

This happened to me while cloning:
E:\Radman's File\Git>git clone https://github.com/llk/scratch-gui
Cloning into ‘scratch-gui’…
remote: Enumerating objects: 56, done.
remote: Counting objects: 100% (56/56), done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (42/42), done.
error: RPC failed; curl 56 OpenSSL SSL_read: error:14095126:SSL routines:ssl3_read_n:unexpected eof while reading, errno 0
fatal: the remote end hung up unexpectedly
fatal: early EOF
fatal: index-pack failed

E:\Radman's File\Git>cd scratch-gui
What can I do?
Maximouse
Scratcher
1000+ posts

R4356th wrote:

error: RPC failed; curl 56 OpenSSL SSL_read: error:14095126:SSL routines:ssl3_read_n:unexpected eof while reading, errno 0

What can I do?
Try again tomorrow - that worked for me
Seriously.

Maximouse
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Boomer001 wrote:

this? (not sure if it helps)
Yes, it looks like this is the solution.

thr565ono
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hi.
If you want to do basic Mods without coding, and use Google Chrome, there are about 10 on the chrome web store!

I am the creator of Code Snippets, a Scratch studio. You can see lots of useful things to add to your project to make it even better.
Darsh1994
New to Scratch
14 posts

How can I add more categories scratch?

So far I know how to change the categories name, change color and text of blocks. So please tell me How can I add more categories to scratch? I want the default scratch categories and blocks + I want to add more categories to gui where I will create my custom blocks functionalities

MikeDEV
Scratcher
1000+ posts

(Oops: I posted this in the wrong forum, my bad…)

Last edited by MikeDEV (April 22, 2020 17:24:55)

I have left Scratch! Goodbye everyone, I'll remember you all in therapy.
If you want to ever get in contact with me again, please visit my Github instead.
Also, if you need to, you can contact me via Meower. You'll know where to look.
WebWars-OFFICIAL
Scratcher
6 posts

I managed to make a glitched block all in scratch (no notepad) by creating a custom block named %m. I forgot some of the steps I took to create it, but I managed to created a glitched shadow block of a set variable block, but when I duplicated it, it created a
set [ i] to []
with a grayed out string input and the variable “i” wasn't even one of my variables that I had at the time. Anyone know why?
Boomer001
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Visual Studio Code has a build in terminal (click terminal above). You can use that terminal for this (i tried it out myself).

CHECK OUT MY FORUM STATS

R4356th
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is it possible to create a GitHub Pages publishable website for my mod just by modding Scratch GUI?
R4356th
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Maximouse wrote:

R4356th wrote:

What can I do?
Try again tomorrow - that worked for me
Seriously.
Okay.
Maximouse
Scratcher
1000+ posts

R4356th wrote:

Is it possible to create a GitHub Pages publishable website for my mod just by modding Scratch GUI?
Yes. First, if you already have a scratch-gui clone that isn't a fork, turn it into a fork.
Then commit any changes, make sure you're on the correct branch and run
npm run deploy -- -e master
(replace master with the name of the branch you're on). This should publish your mod to GitHub Pages.

Boomer001
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Maximouse wrote:

R4356th wrote:

Yes. First, if you already have a scratch-gui clone that isn't a fork, turn it into a fork.
(replace master with the name of the branch you're on). This should publish your mod to GitHub Pages.
You don't have to choose a branch. You can run
npm run deploy
(without any branch) too. Also, there is a documentation on how to do publish it to github pages.

CHECK OUT MY FORUM STATS

R4356th
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Boomer001 wrote:

Maximouse wrote:

R4356th wrote:

You don't have to choose a branch. You can run
npm run deploy
(without any branch) too. Also, there is a documentation on how to do publish it to github pages.
Thanks to both of you.
SpiderSutenGod
Scratcher
100+ posts

Oh Ok