Discuss Scratch

cs377310
Scratcher
100+ posts

How to make a 1.4 mod

inmyhouse123 wrote:

Could you help to do a tutorial on how to change the logo and the title of Scratch?
I think it's very important to us that new boy….
Yeah!
when green flag clicked
say [Lets make a turotial[scratchblocks]
][/scratchblocks]
play sound [ intro[scratchblocks]
v]
forever

say [Introduce the moddign!]
say [Good luck!]
end

[/scratchblocks]

'_'::motion//This is Blocky. He protects my siggy from kumquats.
3_3::sound//This is Lesuire. He also protects my siggy from kumquats.
-cs377310, originally cs300929
You will see me mostly on the shout blocks forum. Blocks I suggested are: shout, when i shout, shout and wait, i shout, wait until i shout, repeat until i shout, while i shout, etc.
Studio04040807
Scratcher
100+ posts

How to make a 1.4 mod

cs377310 wrote:

inmyhouse123 wrote:

Could you help to do a tutorial on how to change the logo and the title of Scratch?
Yeah!
when green flag clicked
say [Lets make a turotial[scratchblocks]
][/scratchblocks]
play sound [ intro[scratchblocks]
v]
forever

say [Introduce the moddign!]
say [Good luck!]
end

[/scratchblocks]
How come there isn't one yet? Here's what I tried: I changed ScratchLogo and ScratchLogo_XO with .gifs of my logo that were the same size as ScratchLogo. I refreshed the skin using the method mentioned for creating new categories in this tutorial, but the logo stayed the same. I tried changing the names to (my mod's name)Logo and (my mod's name)Logo_XO and refreshing the skin, but nothing happened either. I tried changing them to just Logo and Logo_XO, but nothing changed after refreshing the skin then, either. Yes, I am typing the folder's name correctly. Help!
coocoo333
Scratcher
93 posts

How to make a 1.4 mod

powerpoint56 wrote:

^ Good. When I got that error once, it took forever for me to figure it out.
what I'm getting that error two what's wrong it worked twice before but for the Third time it did that

Hello

when green flag clicked
forever
if <ask [hello] and wait> then
ask [] and wait

(x position)
say [dw]

else
(x position)
say [dw]
cs395875
Scratcher
100+ posts

How to make a 1.4 mod

liam48D wrote:

inmyhouse123 wrote:

Please don't necropost..
She wasn't necroposting. She was explaining a tutorial.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((colourful blocks::custom)::looks)::sound)::sensing)::motion)::pen)::operators)::control)::variables)::obsolete)::list)::custom)::looks)::sound)::sensing)::motion)::pen)::operators)::control)::variables)::obsolete)::list)::custom)::looks)::sound)::sensing)::motion)::pen)::operators)::control)::variables)::obsolete)::list)::custom)::looks)::sound)::sensing)::motion)::pen)::operators)::control)::variables)::obsolete)::list)
liam48D
Scratcher
1000+ posts

How to make a 1.4 mod

cs395875 wrote:

liam48D wrote:

inmyhouse123 wrote:

Please don't necropost..
She wasn't necroposting. She was explaining a tutorial.
You're right. I wasn't as good at using the forums then as I am now.

202e-202e-202e-202e-202e UNI-CODE~~~~~
coocoo333
Scratcher
93 posts

How to make a 1.4 mod

coocoo333 wrote:

powerpoint56 wrote:

^ Good. When I got that error once, it took forever for me to figure it out.
what I'm getting that error two what's wrong it worked twice before but for the Third time it did that
bump

Hello

when green flag clicked
forever
if <ask [hello] and wait> then
ask [] and wait

(x position)
say [dw]

else
(x position)
say [dw]
Xubiod
Scratcher
3 posts

How to make a 1.4 mod

bump
JulianIs6
Scratcher
43 posts

How to make a 1.4 mod

Using the instance of the scratch block you created with the last #_ a custom name with colans put that name into the “other ops” with ^ self, and the (anything you put) should be changed to a t(depending on the amount, you should use t1 for the defination of the first string, boolean, etc. and so on) and use this input if you want to double it: ^ t1 * 2.
Botcho_Otkho
Scratcher
1000+ posts

How to make a 1.4 mod

Sorry,can you answer me please?
I'm making a new reporter block and near the new reporter block there is a crossbox. I don't want this,can you help me to delete this?
Thx

I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are. - Mewtwo
cardwellkatie91
Scratcher
53 posts

How to make a 1.4 mod

Quick question why can i only find control list variable and sound in the code?
how do i add one to the others?
Botcho_Otkho
Scratcher
1000+ posts

How to make a 1.4 mod

Hello,i'm making a mod and i wanna make a cloud variables to use trough the browser,i wanna do a public variable that you can use only in (Scratc-Objects - ScriptableScratchMorph - other ops). I wanna name the variable “ynResponse” Thanks.

I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are. - Mewtwo
eribetra
Scratcher
100+ posts

How to make a 1.4 mod

Studio04040807 wrote:

How come there isn't one yet? Here's what I tried: I changed ScratchLogo and ScratchLogo_XO with .gifs of my logo that were the same size as ScratchLogo. I refreshed the skin using the method mentioned for creating new categories in this tutorial, but the logo stayed the same. I tried changing the names to (my mod's name)Logo and (my mod's name)Logo_XO and refreshing the skin, but nothing happened either. I tried changing them to just Logo and Logo_XO, but nothing changed after refreshing the skin then, either. Yes, I am typing the folder's name correctly. Help!

Turn fill screen off, then alt-shift click the logo 3 times, then press the grey button with a pencil, then import, then put your logo covering the first one, save, and then save image as end-user or save image in User Mode.

Check out Blockode, the most recent Scratch 1.4 mod!
Also check out Five Nights at eribetra:
cs395875
Scratcher
100+ posts

How to make a 1.4 mod

cs377310 wrote:

inmyhouse123 wrote:

Yeah!
when green flag clicked
say [Lets make a tutorial]
play sound [ intro v]
forever

say [Introduce the modding!]
say [Good luck!]
end
Fixed the Scratchblocks

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((colourful blocks::custom)::looks)::sound)::sensing)::motion)::pen)::operators)::control)::variables)::obsolete)::list)::custom)::looks)::sound)::sensing)::motion)::pen)::operators)::control)::variables)::obsolete)::list)::custom)::looks)::sound)::sensing)::motion)::pen)::operators)::control)::variables)::obsolete)::list)::custom)::looks)::sound)::sensing)::motion)::pen)::operators)::control)::variables)::obsolete)::list)
Gabriel2900
Scratcher
100+ posts

How to make a 1.4 mod

ipodlover3354 wrote:

powerpoint56 wrote:

Extra: Your (current {minute}) block will probably have a check-mark next to it. If you don't want that to be there, open Scratch-Blocks > CommandBlockMorph (instance) > private > canBecomeWatcher. Add your block title to the list, like this:
canBecomeWatcher
"I determine which blocks can become watchers."

| i |
i _ selector asString findAnySubStr: #('mouse' 'key' 'touching' 'distance') startingAt: 1.
^ (self isReporter) &
(self argumentCount <= 1) &
((#(not atRandom abs rounded lineCountOfList: stringLength: currentTime:) includes: selector) not) &
(i > selector asString size)
Next chapter

I tried that. It didn't work
It did for me.

Last edited by Gabriel2900 (March 29, 2017 15:20:45)

Botcho_Otkho
Scratcher
1000+ posts

How to make a 1.4 mod

Need help,how can i change the menus at the top?

And how can i create caps and hats?

How can i remove the ugly crossbar that appears next to any reporter i create?
Thanks ;D

Last edited by Botcho_Otkho (July 18, 2017 11:45:02)

gabrielsfananimator
Scratcher
10 posts

How to make a 1.4 mod

He's A Funny One

when green flag clicked
repeat (100)
touch color to [#f017e6]

end

He's Another
when green flag clicked
repeat until <(answer) = [128]>
skip (1) secs to x: (36) y: (0)

end

It Won't Change Colors On Red?? So Yeah PLS Help Me!!

Last edited by gabrielsfananimator (Nov. 30, 2017 22:58:43)

scratch_lemondrop
Scratcher
8 posts

How to make a 1.4 mod

Is there any tutorial you know of about making scratch 2.0 mods?
Sheep_maker
Scratcher
1000+ posts

How to make a 1.4 mod

scratch_lemondrop wrote:

Is there any tutorial you know of about making scratch 2.0 mods?
Always read the stickies: Scratch 2.0 Modding for Newbs

- Sheep_maker This is a kumquat-free signature. :P
This is my signature. It appears below all my posts. Discuss it on my profile, not the forums. Here's how to make your own.
.postsignature { overflow: auto; } .scratchblocks { overflow-x: auto; overflow-y: hidden; }
WaffleCODEZ
Scratcher
68 posts

How to make a 1.4 mod

powerpoint56 wrote:

Area fifty-what?
The Scratch source code may be hard to navigate at first, but with a little guidance it's very easy. You can drag the windows around however you like. To close a window, click the X on it. If there is no X, middle-click the window and click the pink X that appears in the corner. Opening new windows is pretty easy too. Now try clicking anywhere in the white space around the windows. A menu labeled “World” should appear: this is where you will start to get to anywhere in the source code. Often you will need to select {Open…>Browser} to edit the source code or {Open…>Workspace} to test a new code.

Explore these menus and windows a little more, and get used to opening and closing them. The final step is to learn how to save your work. Click the white space and select “Save” or “Save and quit”. If you want to save your work so that it looks normal (without the source code open), shift-click the File menu and select “Save Image in User Mode”. The next time you open Bubble, I'm warning you that you may panic and scream, “No, all of my source code is gone!!!” But no, just shift-click the File menu and select “Exit User Mode”. The white space will appear again.

Open the system browser (if you don't remember how to find it, reread the first paragraph). You will see four columns. The first on the left is a list of all the categories in Squeak. Imagine a category like the main, thick part of a tree. Both categories and tree trunks hold together many big branches, called sub-categories (in the second column). Each sub-category has a role to play, and that role is determined by the code inside of it.
Note: Actually, the whole story about categories and sub-categories is much more complicated, but unnecessary to learn yet. If you would like to do more research, see dreamod's excellent Squeak Tutorial: here

Go to the category Scratch-Objects, and then to its sub-category ScriptableScratchMorph. Notice that right below the second column, there are two buttons: Instance and Class. Let's say that you had a sub-category called Car. Instance would have events (called methods) that Car needs to do, like “Drive”, “Stop”, or “Turn”. These events happen only happen if they are told to. Sometimes, methods tell each other to do certain things, but often, the Class will tell a method in Instance to work. Class is often used to describe attributes and properties of sub-category. For example, the School Class might describe the teachers at the school and then tell them to begin teaching.

Overview of everything so far: You have learned how to navigate the source code easily and how to save your work. I've explained the browser and categories. Finally, I have explained the difference between Class and Instance methods and the role they play.
Once you understand this, go to the next chapter to add your first block!

Next chapter
How do you save image in user mode? It doesn't show up when I shift-click file!

U^ェ^U  ~ I'm Blocky, waffle's signature assistant! I protect his signature!  :: #1a1a1a cap

Donate an Internet!
My Best Game! :)

|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|
Wettining
Scratcher
500+ posts

How to make a 1.4 mod