Discuss Scratch

PecanPi314
Scratcher
1000+ posts

"Kids" channels on youtube. (and other weird Youtube Trends)

SonicMasterSystem wrote:

PrincessPanda_test_ wrote:

SonicMasterSystem wrote:

PrincessPandaLover wrote:

I would strongly recommend Ryans' Toy Review and its Spin Off channels (well, Combo Panda is more suited for older children and pre-teens). They're family-friendly and entertaining. I'm sure the videos will amuse kids.
This doesn't really fit on this topic? (I think?)
This is talking about kid channels.
More so for the “Toys in Japan” style of channels rather than ACTUAL kids channels, which is evident by the quotation marks in the title.
I think it fits, especially since it seems like their saying here's something your younger siblings CAN watch, as opposed to the creepy cartoons that they can't.

in west philadelphia born and raised

Spottedleaf24
Scratcher
92 posts

creeperking0403 wrote:

Spottedleaf24 wrote:

I remember finding one of those videos with my brother once, I dropped my iPad and started silently questioning life while my brother just broke into a laughing fit

The video was about like, Peppa Pig having a wart thing popped off of her face, and it got taken down so I can't show you, but it was creepy as hay.
dear god no

My thoughts exactly.

Hello my dearest friends! My name is Spottedleaf24 and I am an annoying fangirl with a knack for trouble. I don't use Scratch as much as I used to, but I try to be as active as I can, life is hectic! If that sounds cool then pop onto my profile and we can maybe be friends. I promise I don't bite!

This signature addition brought to you by Gregg Pancakes, available at your local Snack Falcon!
LionHeart70
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Possibly much needed bump

lh70 / nora/tobi / she-they pronouns / pansexual-demisexual / 14 / sagittarius / furry / artist / intp / stop-motion films / lbp / fall out boy / panic! at the disco / twenty one pilots / stranger things / a series of unfortunate events
“When you have a bad day, a really bad day, try and treat the world better than it treated you.” -Patrick Stump
“Music seems to hold everything together. It seems to make things not so chaotic sometimes. It seems to make things make more sense sometimes.” -Tyler Joseph
“You'll fear your fears forever if you never do things you're afraid of.” -Josh Dun
“I'm still figuring out who I am, but I know I'm not who I was.” -Brendon Urie
Divions
Scratcher
100+ posts

I've heard very recently that youtube is FINALLY putting down the “kid-friendly” videos
I sorta doubt it though… But hopefully, we'll see a lot less of these types of videos on the platform.

Last edited by Divions (Nov. 17, 2017 00:38:52)

アルセウ Arceus: “According to the legends of Sinnoh, this Pokémon emerged from an egg and shaped all there is in this world.”
PrincessPandaLover
Scratcher
1000+ posts

When my little brother watches those videos, I'm just like 0_0. But I don't immediately switch him to Ryan's Toy Review or something like that, because then he'll throw a fit.
jromagnoli
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Gosh, you mean those videos? I heard about it in the news, I can't believe they get away with it.

ROAD TO 10,000 POSTS
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ 64%

If you can read this, my signature cubeupload has been eaten by an evil kumquat!
hehehe!Mytiptopsecrettopicidentifier!ahjdgggfhjadggahjsahasgdjfsdjfga

owlannaelsa
Scratcher
1000+ posts

HyperNova35 wrote:

YouTube removes a harmless video editing tutorial but is okay with the so called ‘kid’ channels uploading obnoxious and inappropriate videos which they make money off of.

SonicMasterSystem wrote:

have you seen the anna and elsa kissing video

pls explain
I haven't seen it, and I hope I never do.
I don't want to see that either.

IMPORTANT: do not stalk me. just because im active somewhere doesnt mean that you should stalk me to that place. please, its VERY annoying.
girlsruless
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Spycapt54 wrote:

PrincessPandaLover wrote:

My baby brother watches some of those videos sometimes, and they're weird. They're sometimes not appropriate for children.

The only kid channels that seem fine to me are Ryan's Toy Reviews, ChuChu TV, Little Baby Bum, Morphle TV, and several toy unboxing chanels…
My sister loves those blind bag and surprise egg videos. I think they're boring.
EvanTube is also fine for kids.

ROBLOX, Minecraft, Pokémon, AJ, Miraculous, Warrior cats, HTTYD, and CW fan(and obviosly a girl), girlsruless.

whatever-dev
Scratcher
14 posts

Literally all kids youtube videos have roblox.
LionHeart70
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jromagnoli wrote:

Gosh, you mean those videos? I heard about it in the news, I can't believe they get away with it.
Yeah, earlier this year (in April/May I believe) I read a good amount of articles about these videos being uploaded to trick kids into watching inappropriate videos by claiming the videos were “full episodes” or “clips” of children's shows, hoping the kids would see their favorite cartoon characters and watch the video, only to find out it's something inappropriate.
I get it, YouTube is a site for ages 13 and older, but there are kids who may be using YouTube under their parents' supervision to watch videos..
-
On another note, the only thing I've been watching on YouTube for about 3-4 months now were audio/lyric videos/music videos of alternative/pop rock bands, and I keep finding nursery rhyme videos on my recommended list, and when I press “Not interested” they recommend me more.. what even?!

lh70 / nora/tobi / she-they pronouns / pansexual-demisexual / 14 / sagittarius / furry / artist / intp / stop-motion films / lbp / fall out boy / panic! at the disco / twenty one pilots / stranger things / a series of unfortunate events
“When you have a bad day, a really bad day, try and treat the world better than it treated you.” -Patrick Stump
“Music seems to hold everything together. It seems to make things not so chaotic sometimes. It seems to make things make more sense sometimes.” -Tyler Joseph
“You'll fear your fears forever if you never do things you're afraid of.” -Josh Dun
jromagnoli
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LionHeart70 wrote:

jromagnoli wrote:

Yeah, earlier this year (in April/May I believe) I read a good amount of articles about these videos being uploaded to trick kids into watching inappropriate videos by claiming the videos were “full episodes” or “clips” of children's shows, hoping the kids would see their favorite cartoon characters and watch the video, only to find out it's something inappropriate.
I get it, YouTube is a site for ages 13 and older, but there are kids who may be using YouTube under their parents' supervision to watch videos..
-
On another note, the only thing I've been watching on YouTube for about 3-4 months now were audio/lyric videos/music videos of alternative/pop rock bands, and I keep finding nursery rhyme videos on my recommended list, and when I press “Not interested” they recommend me more.. what even?!
Well, the thing is, these videos were showing up on the youtube for kids app.

ROAD TO 10,000 POSTS
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ 64%

If you can read this, my signature cubeupload has been eaten by an evil kumquat!
hehehe!Mytiptopsecrettopicidentifier!ahjdgggfhjadggahjsahasgdjfsdjfga

LionHeart70
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jromagnoli wrote:

LionHeart70 wrote:

jromagnoli wrote:

-
Well, the thing is, these videos were showing up on the youtube for kids app.
Yeah, that really isn't good.

00fMahBoi
Scratcher
24 posts

kids like type random words like for example: mom hi hello is gucci this issssssss hello amamamam jduwaghydwa67dtwa56trdfwra
LionHeart70
Scratcher
1000+ posts

00fMahBoi wrote:

kids like type random words like for example: mom hi hello is gucci this issssssss hello amamamam jduwaghydwa67dtwa56trdfwra
Yep, there are definitely comments like that on videos likes these.
I've once seen a comment on a Spiderman/Elsa video. I'm not sure what to even say.

00fMahBoi
Scratcher
24 posts

and i freaking hate those kind of channels
PecanPi314
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Thankfully, I believe it was a couple weeks ago, Youtube said they were going to start taking these “Kids videos” into consideration for reports, so they can now be both de-monetized and age-restricted.

in west philadelphia born and raised

creeperking0403
Scratcher
100+ posts

JOHNEY JOHNEY YES PAPA

To live a life of power, you must have faith that what you believe is right, even if others tell you you're wrong. The first thing you must do to live a life of power is to find courage. You must be ready to reach beyond the boundaries of Time itself. And to do that, all you need is the will to take that first step…"
- Sonic CD box
Facts/concepts about your own Sonic universe.
url=https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/303959/] super smash bros topic .
IgDegOo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

owlannaelsa
Scratcher
1000+ posts

creeperking0403 wrote:

JOHNEY JOHNEY YES PAPA
House critic?
Annoying jingle?
Cringe ending?

THAT'S THAT.

IMPORTANT: do not stalk me. just because im active somewhere doesnt mean that you should stalk me to that place. please, its VERY annoying.
creeperking0403
Scratcher
100+ posts

owlannaelsa wrote:

creeperking0403 wrote:

JOHNEY JOHNEY YES PAPA
House critic?
Annoying jingle?
Cringe ending?

THAT'S THAT.
HE EATS HIS DAD

To live a life of power, you must have faith that what you believe is right, even if others tell you you're wrong. The first thing you must do to live a life of power is to find courage. You must be ready to reach beyond the boundaries of Time itself. And to do that, all you need is the will to take that first step…"
- Sonic CD box
Facts/concepts about your own Sonic universe.
url=https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/303959/] super smash bros topic .