Discuss Scratch

cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

1879: One short story that got out of my control and decided it wanted to be a book (^}_^)

Blobfish993 wrote:

So! Here are some fun facts!

-Sara Williams is based off of (and inspired by) Sarah Collins, from the 1966-71 Dark Shadows (The good version, not the cr4ppy remake with Johnny Depp).

-The creation of the character Jacob Williams was the result of no sleep, my pride, and a recent binge watch of Doctor Who.

-Alexander Collins has at least two different skin colours. WhenI first wrote his bio, I was watching CSI, and I saw Raymond Langston, and I'm like, “Hey! He's cool!” So Alex's bio is based off of him. However, because of that, I have unconciously connected the two, and so while Alexander is supposed to be a pasty white to you guys, he will always look like Raymond Langston to me.

-George Harker's name was a combination of one of my dogs, George, and one of the lead protagonists in Dracula (by Bram Stoker), Jonathan Harker. However, George has the personality of a roach, and is therefore my least favourite character in 1879.

-Virgil and Cuthbert Forbes were actually last-minute add-ins, and weren't even supposed to be in the story at all. I completely rewrote the beginning to add them in, because I had a great idea, which I'm still developing. (Speaking of which, I need to add in the revised Chapter Two, I think. I don't remember. I'll take a look here in a second.)

-Mary Williams (the mother in all of this) is the most boring woman I have ever had the pleasure of writing/reading about. She is duller than a spoon. (But, why a spoon, cousin? Why not an axe or a sword?)

There you are! Any questions I'll be glad to answer!

EDIT: Forgot to change the thing, sorry.
huh. So Virgil and Cuthbert will be important later on? i just reread the part with them and i have some questions… so who is elisabeth and why did jacob hypnotize her? (that's what i'm assuming anyway. maybe i'm ignorant.) how did jacob permanently damage virgil's leg just by kicking him in the knee? and i'm kinda wondering why jacob is going around getting in trouble with the law… is he doing all this stuff for his end goal of… dying/not being immortal?

oh also i'm interested in what happens later with george and alex.
Blobfish993
Scratcher
500+ posts

1879: One short story that got out of my control and decided it wanted to be a book (^}_^)

cheese-duck wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

-Sara Williams is based off of (and inspired by) Sarah Collins, from the 1966-71 Dark Shadows (The good version, not the cr4ppy remake with Johnny Depp).

-The creation of the character Jacob Williams was the result of no sleep, my pride, and a recent binge watch of Doctor Who.

-Alexander Collins has at least two different skin colours. WhenI first wrote his bio, I was watching CSI, and I saw Raymond Langston, and I'm like, “Hey! He's cool!” So Alex's bio is based off of him. However, because of that, I have unconciously connected the two, and so while Alexander is supposed to be a pasty white to you guys, he will always look like Raymond Langston to me.

-George Harker's name was a combination of one of my dogs, George, and one of the lead protagonists in Dracula (by Bram Stoker), Jonathan Harker. However, George has the personality of a roach, and is therefore my least favourite character in 1879.

-Virgil and Cuthbert Forbes were actually last-minute add-ins, and weren't even supposed to be in the story at all. I completely rewrote the beginning to add them in, because I had a great idea, which I'm still developing. (Speaking of which, I need to add in the revised Chapter Two, I think. I don't remember. I'll take a look here in a second.)

-Mary Williams (the mother in all of this) is the most boring woman I have ever had the pleasure of writing/reading about. She is duller than a spoon. (But, why a spoon, cousin? Why not an axe or a sword?)

huh. So Virgil and Cuthbert will be important later on? i just reread the part with them and i have some questions… so who is elisabeth and why did jacob hypnotize her? (that's what i'm assuming anyway. maybe i'm ignorant.) how did jacob permanently damage virgil's leg just by kicking him in the knee? and i'm kinda wondering why jacob is going around getting in trouble with the law… is he doing all this stuff for his end goal of… dying/not being immortal?

Elizabeth is the little girl in the beginning of the story. She was kidnapped by Jacob, and he hypnotized her because he was driven insane by the loss of his sister, and she resembled Sara.
If you kick someone really hard in the knee, like, slam your foot into their knee, you'll shatter the kneecap. (I took a self defense class once, trust me, it cripples them).
He's actually trying to kill himself, but is confused. Like, really confused.

Blobfish993
Scratcher
500+ posts

asherpaden wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

asherpaden wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

asherpaden wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

asherpaden wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

asherpaden wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

asherpaden wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

asherpaden wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

Okokokokokokokokokokokokokokokokokokokokok, I have to figure out what Alexander is. Because he healed Jacob's broken ribs in a matter of hours, right? Jacob was out cold, practically dying, then the next day, he's been healed and Alex has a smug look on his face. Do y'all have any suggestions as to what Alex could be? I'm thinkin' a warlock, but…
Is he good or evil?
….Eeh?
Because if he's evil, he could be a demon or something like that.
*whines* I don't know what he's supposed to be…
He could be a demon, who fixed Jacob so as to use him later.
He did say that Jacob had potential…

And Jacob does summon a demon in 1754…
So, will that work?

I think it will…
Yay! I'm smart! Look at that!
Ha, you're smarter than I am
I wouldn't say that. I'm only right about twice a day, like a broken clock.
I said that at a GS meeting once, and one of the older Scouts, she was like, “Huh. I didn't know that.”
I got it from my sister.
Cool!

Blobfish993
Scratcher
500+ posts

Blobfish993 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

Elizabeth is the little girl in the beginning of the story. She was kidnapped by Jacob, and he hypnotized her because he was driven insane by the loss of his sister, and she resembled Sara.
If you kick someone really hard in the knee, like, slam your foot into their knee, you'll shatter the kneecap. (I took a self defense class once, trust me, it cripples them).
And I have a special surprise for George ^-^

cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Blobfish993 wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

ah… okay. thanks.

i guess anyone would be confused if they're immortal right
Blobfish993
Scratcher
500+ posts

cheese-duck wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

ah… okay. thanks.

Wlel, not like, “Wot in tarnation?” confused, more like, he's slowly going insane because of this. I love insane people.

cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Blobfish993 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

ah… okay. thanks.

Wlel, not like, “Wot in tarnation?” confused, more like, he's slowly going insane because of this. I love insane people.
So does he eventually go insane…?
shoot the 60 second rule hates me
Blobfish993
Scratcher
500+ posts

cheese-duck wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

ah… okay. thanks.

*shrugs*

cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Blobfish993 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

ah… okay. thanks.

*shrugs*
Well i guess it would make you question/lose your sanity if you realize you can't die, you meet a creepy telepathic dude & a might-be-demon (no offense alex), and your sister dies…
Blobfish993
Scratcher
500+ posts

cheese-duck wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

ah… okay. thanks.

*shrugs*
Well i guess it would make you question/lose your sanity if you realize you can't die, you meet a creepy telepathic dude & a might-be-demon (no offense alex), and your sister dies…
Wait wait, who was telepathic?

cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Blobfish993 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

ah… okay. thanks.

*shrugs*
eh, i guess i assumed george was telepathic ‘cause he seemed to know things he wasn’t supposed to… i thought he read jacob's mind
Blobfish993
Scratcher
500+ posts

cheese-duck wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

ah… okay. thanks.

*shrugs*
eh, i guess i assumed george was telepathic ‘cause he seemed to know things he wasn’t supposed to… i thought he read jacob's mind
Ohohohohohoh, no, he's not. He's got Mary wrapped around his finger, and knows a lot of things that Jacob doesn't.

Blobfish993
Scratcher
500+ posts

Blobfish993 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

ah… okay. thanks.

*shrugs*
Ohohohohohoh, no, he's not. He's got Mary wrapped around his finger, and knows a lot of things that Jacob doesn't.
Although… That's a pretty cool idea…

Blobfish993
Scratcher
500+ posts

EDIT: Forget this.

Last edited by Blobfish993 (Feb. 20, 2018 19:19:01)

cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Blobfish993 wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

ah… okay. thanks.

*shrugs*
HMMM…
the way you phrased that, ‘wrapped around his finger’… you have interesting ways of saying things
Blobfish993
Scratcher
500+ posts

cheese-duck wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

ah… okay. thanks.

*shrugs*
HMMM…
the way you phrased that, ‘wrapped around his finger’… you have interesting ways of saying things
Tricks of the trade.
I watch waaaay too many old movies.

theformercathead2000
New to Scratch
7 posts

AWESOME! I want to read it SO BAD!
Blobfish993
Scratcher
500+ posts

theformercathead2000 wrote:

Thanks!!! I cant begin to tell you how much that means to me. Everyone's support is just amazing.

cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Blobfish993 wrote:

Thanks!!! I cant begin to tell you how much that means to me. Everyone's support is just amazing.
I looked at your profile picture right after I read that and… oh yeah it fits nicely

also i admire your ability to express gratitude
Blobfish993
Scratcher
500+ posts

cheese-duck wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

I looked at your profile picture right after I read that and… oh yeah it fits nicely

also i admire your ability to express gratitude
How does it fit nicely? I can't see where it would fit in.

Actually, I have a very hard time doing so, really.