Discuss Scratch

BGMead
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Other Places/Methods to Receive Scripting Help (Updated)

hedgehog_blue wrote:

And it's stickied now :D
Yep. I am trying to write more now!

Heyo! I am Jade (she/her) and I used to be very active on the scratch discussion forums back in 2017. I've since left scratch to pursue an interest in game development, graphics and engine programming, and college.
pianorecorder
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I'm from The Writing Workshop and Store, and I had taken the Review for you.

Overall, the way you spaced it out and separated everything into perfect groups, was great. The one thing I would suggest is to maybe make it more exciting, and you can use colors, like this. You can look up BBCode if you need it. Also, you might want to add a little bit more detail. I think it's a great use for New Scratchers.
BGMead
Scratcher
1000+ posts

pianorecorder wrote:

I'm from The Writing Workshop and Store, and I had taken the Review for you.

Overall, the way you spaced it out and separated everything into perfect groups, was great. The one thing I would suggest is to maybe make it more exciting, and you can use colors, like this. You can look up BBCode if you need it. Also, you might want to add a little bit more detail. I think it's a great use for New Scratchers.
Thank you! I'll consider the changes.

Heyo! I am Jade (she/her) and I used to be very active on the scratch discussion forums back in 2017. I've since left scratch to pursue an interest in game development, graphics and engine programming, and college.
TGBGames91
New to Scratch
3 posts

hi
BGMead
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TGBGames91 wrote:

hi
Hello! Welcome to Scratch!

Daring_Sailor
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Congrats on the sticky!

BGMead
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Drunken_Sailor wrote:

Congrats on the sticky!
Thank you!

scratchy10231
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hello! I have this really weird bug inside an animation project I am currently working on. There are multiple scenes that I label with
broadcast [ scene _ ]

However, in one of the scenes, I have my characters go off screen and hide. Then I have them show behind a second sprite that covers the screen in darkness, because they're somewhere dark. I use this script:
hide

when I receive [ scene 12 ]
show

However, for some odd reason, 3 of them don't show up behind the black screen, which is later removed. This messes up the whole animation. I have put the previous script, like, three times within the sprites, yet the 3 still don't show up.

What's even more confusing is that when I play to that scene from the very beginning, the 3 sprites won't show up. But if I press broadcast scene 12, then, yes, they will show up.

I don't want to share a bugged project, so I don't have a link, I'm sorry.

Please help, and thank you for any suggestions.

(scratchy10231)

BGMead
Scratcher
1000+ posts

scratchy10231 wrote:

Hello! I have this really weird bug inside an animation project I am currently working on. There are multiple scenes that I label with
broadcast [ scene _ ]

However, in one of the scenes, I have my characters go off screen and hide. Then I have them show behind a second sprite that covers the screen in darkness, because they're somewhere dark. I use this script:
hide

when I receive [ scene 12 ]
show

However, for some odd reason, 3 of them don't show up behind the black screen, which is later removed. This messes up the whole animation. I have put the previous script, like, three times within the sprites, yet the 3 still don't show up.

What's even more confusing is that when I play to that scene from the very beginning, the 3 sprites won't show up. But if I press broadcast scene 12, then, yes, they will show up.

I don't want to share a bugged project, so I don't have a link, I'm sorry.

Please help, and thank you for any suggestions.

(scratchy10231)
Hello there! Please read the original post for help. Thanks!

GamesTV
Scratcher
50 posts

Good suggestions, thanks

forever
if <kumquat detected> then
Deploy epic ninja kumquat destroyer of doom
Kill kumquat brutally with sword of unfathomable power
end
end
That is a good software for kumquat protection. to get it, follow this guy and you're done.
BGMead
Scratcher
1000+ posts

GamesTV wrote:

Good suggestions, thanks

ScratchFighter64
Scratcher
8 posts

Hi! I'm a relatively new scratcher that has been trying to make a project that involves a rapid fire gun and a LOTT of sprites. I'm almost done with the project but I've encountered a strange bug that has occurred on some of my other projects. What I did was I set a sprite to go to X:0 and Y: 0 and it showed up on like the bottom of the screen saying in the right hand corner that it was on X:0 and Y:0 but it clearly wasn't. I looked at some other projects and they all went to their correct location. I don't know if i'm a horrible programmer and I'm just doing something wrong or if this is a strange bug.

Please help.
jctag
Scratcher
100+ posts

Or go here. It's in my signature. I'm too lazy to write it out again. Can you feature that studio or help me get helpers?

Hello, I am jctag. I love to help out on the forums. Need help with your project? You can ask here or here! Do you want to help out with projects? You can help here or here! Are you new to scratch and have questions? I may be able to answer them! ask here or here! Forums questions? Go here and read the instructions! Anything else? Comment here or go here!
jctag
Scratcher
100+ posts

ScratchFighter64 wrote:

Hi! I'm a relatively new scratcher that has been trying to make a project that involves a rapid fire gun and a LOTT of sprites. I'm almost done with the project but I've encountered a strange bug that has occurred on some of my other projects. What I did was I set a sprite to go to X:0 and Y: 0 and it showed up on like the bottom of the screen saying in the right hand corner that it was on X:0 and Y:0 but it clearly wasn't. I looked at some other projects and they all went to their correct location. I don't know if i'm a horrible programmer and I'm just doing something wrong or if this is a strange bug.

Please help.
link needed

Hello, I am jctag. I love to help out on the forums. Need help with your project? You can ask here or here! Do you want to help out with projects? You can help here or here! Are you new to scratch and have questions? I may be able to answer them! ask here or here! Forums questions? Go here and read the instructions! Anything else? Comment here or go here!
asivi
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ScratchFighter64 wrote:

Please help.

Check if your costumes are centered in the paint editor workspace, take a look to this demo:

costume center demo by deck26
VECTRONICON1234
Scratcher
2 posts

Soap , i got this, its suposed to create a text out of clones , but it fails:
when green flag clicked
hide
Text (Why it Cant Say iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii)
define Text(text)
repeat ((length of [text]) + (1))
insert (letter (Text) of (text)) at (1 v) of [TEXTER v]
create clone of [myself v]
change [text v] by (1)
wait (0.2) secs
change [SPACE v] by (10)

end
when I start as a clone
switch costume to (item (1 v) of [TEXTER v] :: list)
show
set x to ((x position) + (spce))

or just go to https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/171621794/#editor

and see the text sprite . it cant say “i”. please . help.

Last edited by VECTRONICON1234 (Aug. 23, 2017 06:20:45)

cmrss2
Scratcher
2 posts

How do I check if something is lowercase? Please help

By cmrss2
scratchydude1
Scratcher
99 posts

hello!

Please friend me on Xbox :) my gamertag is PortalMaster369
sapling4
Scratcher
8 posts

i need help i try to do
when green flag clicked
forever
wait (.3) secs
switch costume to [ v]
end
VECTRONICON1234
Scratcher
2 posts

sapling4 umm have you tried

next costume 

instead of

switch costume to [ v]
?