Discuss Scratch

whitelily1196
Scratcher
100+ posts

Other Places/Methods to Receive Scripting Help

VECTRONICON1234 wrote:

sapling4 umm have you tried

next costume 

instead of

switch costume to [ v]
?
You can do this:

repeat until <(costume #) = [costume #]>
next costume
end


Click above
asivi
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Other Places/Methods to Receive Scripting Help

BGMead wrote:

Other Places/Methods to Receive Scripting Help
Note: This post has links to outside of the Scratch website. Always remember to stay safe when using the internet since I can't guarantee the safety of other sites. I recommend you ask a parent to review the links before you visit them. Thanks!

There are lots of places to receive help with Scratch projects! I have placed together a (somewhat) small list of other places to receive help. Remember to always try posting here first, before you branch off to other places! Alright, enough of me blabbing, lets get to the list:
Note: The following methods are not ordered in any specific way.

1. This Forum Section
Well, yeah! It's the whole point of this place, asking for help! If you happen not to get a response here (which is highly unlikely) Then you can move on down the list.
2. Shops
These are threads created by users that have a forum that you can fill out and post as a order! Then, someone will complete the order for you. This is a great way to have a more advanced Scratcher do it for you. (However, please remember to give credit!) Free shops that I recommend are BGMead's Shop and Gentle Rain Coding Studio.
3. Other Projects
If you are looking for a script that you think has already been made, do a quick search for it and you might find it! The search bar is located at the top of the page, and looks like this:
4. Official Scratch Wiki
Everything you would ever need to know about Scratch can be found on the Wiki. What does this block do? It's on there. What was Scratch 1.x like? It's on there. As I said above, it's all on there. Go check it out!
5. Built-In Help Menu
If your looking for help with more simpler things, on the right side of the Scratch editor screen you will see a white bar with a question mark at the top. (It looks something like: (?)) Click on it and it will open a menu of tutorials, block meanings,
and more!
6. Scratch Books
If you like to read, then this is for you! There are many Scratch books out there. Just a few are Super Scratch Programming Adventure, Learn To Program With Scratch, and Learn to Program in 10 Easy Steps.
(which also teaches you how to make your own website!) All of these books have cool projects for you to make, and cover Scratch 2.0.
7. Scratch Help Page and Video Tutorials
Again, more for the simpler help questions. The official Scratch Help Page contains a lot of information, and even has video tutorials for all those non-readers out there. It also has beginner projects you can remix to learn Scratch. The help page is available here.
8. Projects by Scratchers (Scratch 101 Studio)
Not to long ago, there was a SDS (Scratch Design Studio) All about teaching Scratch! You can find it here. There are some cool projects in there!
9. Questions About Scratch Forum (For General Questions)
If you need something general answered, please use this forum.

And that's it! If you see that like I forgot something, made a mistake, made a grammar error, etc. Just leave a reply below and I will fix it! Thank you for reading this!

- BGMead

Last edited by asivi (Nov. 11, 2017 20:38:07)

SPEEDISKey139
Scratcher
29 posts

Other Places/Methods to Receive Scripting Help

For some unexplained reason, my operators arent working. Does anyone else have this bug, and is there a fix?
asivi
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Other Places/Methods to Receive Scripting Help

SPEEDISKey139 wrote:

For some unexplained reason, my operators arent working. Does anyone else have this bug, and is there a fix?
Hi, create a new topic of your own, give details about that issue and share a project where it is happening. Thanks.
6600834
Scratcher
35 posts

Other Places/Methods to Receive Scripting Help

Hey dude. I found your post, and here is something I wanna know. There is an unshared project I began working on recently. So now I have run into a problem right away. when the person shoots a fireball, how will I let him control the force? And how will I make the fireball behave like a real one ? Like, the fire ball curves in the air. how do I do all that? Please answer me. And in case you wanna know the unshared project's link, here it is below. Please help me, as this will be a major obstacle for me.

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/182247259/

I hope someone helps and answers me. Thank you in advance.

when green flag clicked
think [I hope someone actually helps me.]
say [Scratch On!]

Last edited by 6600834 (Oct. 28, 2017 20:03:49)


“To enlighten, first be enlightened”—6600834
coolemax123
Scratcher
2 posts

Other Places/Methods to Receive Scripting Help

hey i made a variable but is for only 1 sprite how can i set it to multiple sprite
s without deleting it.
think [I hope they help me.] for (2) secs
hollowrobot
Scratcher
32 posts

Other Places/Methods to Receive Scripting Help

when green flag clicked
forever
point towards [60 v]
end
How does this work?

hollowrobot
hollowrobot
Scratcher
32 posts

Other Places/Methods to Receive Scripting Help

hollowrobot wrote:

when green flag clicked
forever
point towards [60 v]
end
How does this work?
Just Kidding.

hollowrobot
6600834
Scratcher
35 posts

Other Places/Methods to Receive Scripting Help

hey, @coolmax, when you make a variable, there will be an option to set to all sprites when the naming thing appears. try it, and ask me if you dont understand

“To enlighten, first be enlightened”—6600834
LachieAndMalachie
Scratcher
8 posts

Other Places/Methods to Receive Scripting Help

How do I make a 2 person game
say [Hmmmmmmmmmmm]
asivi
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Other Places/Methods to Receive Scripting Help

BGMead wrote:

Other Places/Methods to Receive Scripting Help
Note: This post has links to outside of the Scratch website. Always remember to stay safe when using the internet since I can't guarantee the safety of other sites. I recommend you ask a parent to review the links before you visit them. Thanks!

There are lots of places to receive help with Scratch projects! I have placed together a (somewhat) small list of other places to receive help. Remember to always try posting here first, before you branch off to other places! Alright, enough of me blabbing, lets get to the list:
Note: The following methods are not ordered in any specific way.

1. This Forum Section
Well, yeah! It's the whole point of this place, asking for help! If you happen not to get a response here (which is highly unlikely) Then you can move on down the list.
2. Shops
These are threads created by users that have a forum that you can fill out and post as a order! Then, someone will complete the order for you. This is a great way to have a more advanced Scratcher do it for you. (However, please remember to give credit!) Free shops that I recommend are BGMead's Shop and Gentle Rain Coding Studio.
3. Other Projects
If you are looking for a script that you think has already been made, do a quick search for it and you might find it! The search bar is located at the top of the page, and looks like this:
4. Official Scratch Wiki
Everything you would ever need to know about Scratch can be found on the Wiki. What does this block do? It's on there. What was Scratch 1.x like? It's on there. As I said above, it's all on there. Go check it out!
5. Built-In Help Menu
If your looking for help with more simpler things, on the right side of the Scratch editor screen you will see a white bar with a question mark at the top. (It looks something like: (?)) Click on it and it will open a menu of tutorials, block meanings,
and more!
6. Scratch Books
If you like to read, then this is for you! There are many Scratch books out there. Just a few are Super Scratch Programming Adventure, Learn To Program With Scratch, and Learn to Program in 10 Easy Steps.
(which also teaches you how to make your own website!) All of these books have cool projects for you to make, and cover Scratch 2.0.
7. Scratch Help Page and Video Tutorials
Again, more for the simpler help questions. The official Scratch Help Page contains a lot of information, and even has video tutorials for all those non-readers out there. It also has beginner projects you can remix to learn Scratch. The help page is available here.
8. Projects by Scratchers (Scratch 101 Studio)
Not to long ago, there was a SDS (Scratch Design Studio) All about teaching Scratch! You can find it here. There are some cool projects in there!
9. Questions About Scratch Forum (For General Questions)
If you need something general answered, please use this forum.

And that's it! If you see that like I forgot something, made a mistake, made a grammar error, etc. Just leave a reply below and I will fix it! Thank you for reading this!

- BGMead
PokeNinjaGuy
Scratcher
2 posts

Other Places/Methods to Receive Scripting Help

I have a problem I am making a tank game where you build a tank but how do I get all the clones of the turret to fire bullets?
asivi
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Other Places/Methods to Receive Scripting Help

BGMead wrote:

Other Places/Methods to Receive Scripting Help
Note: This post has links to outside of the Scratch website. Always remember to stay safe when using the internet since I can't guarantee the safety of other sites. I recommend you ask a parent to review the links before you visit them. Thanks!

There are lots of places to receive help with Scratch projects! I have placed together a (somewhat) small list of other places to receive help. Remember to always try posting here first, before you branch off to other places! Alright, enough of me blabbing, lets get to the list:
Note: The following methods are not ordered in any specific way.

1. This Forum Section
Well, yeah! It's the whole point of this place, asking for help! If you happen not to get a response here (which is highly unlikely) Then you can move on down the list.
2. Shops
These are threads created by users that have a forum that you can fill out and post as a order! Then, someone will complete the order for you. This is a great way to have a more advanced Scratcher do it for you. (However, please remember to give credit!) Free shops that I recommend are BGMead's Shop and Gentle Rain Coding Studio.
3. Other Projects
If you are looking for a script that you think has already been made, do a quick search for it and you might find it! The search bar is located at the top of the page, and looks like this:
4. Official Scratch Wiki
Everything you would ever need to know about Scratch can be found on the Wiki. What does this block do? It's on there. What was Scratch 1.x like? It's on there. As I said above, it's all on there. Go check it out!
5. Built-In Help Menu
If your looking for help with more simpler things, on the right side of the Scratch editor screen you will see a white bar with a question mark at the top. (It looks something like: (?)) Click on it and it will open a menu of tutorials, block meanings,
and more!
6. Scratch Books
If you like to read, then this is for you! There are many Scratch books out there. Just a few are Super Scratch Programming Adventure, Learn To Program With Scratch, and Learn to Program in 10 Easy Steps.
(which also teaches you how to make your own website!) All of these books have cool projects for you to make, and cover Scratch 2.0.
7. Scratch Help Page and Video Tutorials
Again, more for the simpler help questions. The official Scratch Help Page contains a lot of information, and even has video tutorials for all those non-readers out there. It also has beginner projects you can remix to learn Scratch. The help page is available here.
8. Projects by Scratchers (Scratch 101 Studio)
Not to long ago, there was a SDS (Scratch Design Studio) All about teaching Scratch! You can find it here. There are some cool projects in there!
9. Questions About Scratch Forum (For General Questions)
If you need something general answered, please use this forum.

And that's it! If you see that like I forgot something, made a mistake, made a grammar error, etc. Just leave a reply below and I will fix it! Thank you for reading this!

- BGMead
thechief389
Scratcher
88 posts

Other Places/Methods to Receive Scripting Help

All of those links are definitely safe.
DaEpikDude
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Other Places/Methods to Receive Scripting Help

This is a line (nah really?)
————————————————————————————————————————————
Posts below this line are not to be asking for help: that's what this forum is for. If you need help you can make a new topic.
Credit to @Charles12310 for the line

“I completely understand why you would want to say no. But was there ever an RPG that moved on by selecting no?”
whitelily1196
Scratcher
100+ posts

Other Places/Methods to Receive Scripting Help

Test


Click above
MysteryMan937
Scratcher
82 posts

Other Places/Methods to Receive Scripting Help

If you need some help with coding, come visit The One Stop Code Shop, for all your coding needs.

Come check out my new platformer, Little Ball Adventure! Click the image to see it.


asivi
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Other Places/Methods to Receive Scripting Help

dkim19375
Scratcher
14 posts

Other Places/Methods to Receive Scripting Help

Thanks!
Khanonymous
New to Scratch
11 posts

Other Places/Methods to Receive Scripting Help

Hello. I was just wondering if someone could tell me the formula used for the “color” block? I am an experienced programmer in JavaScript, HTML, CSS, etc. and have never seen a one number system for describing color. Could someone tell me what definition convention was used as well?

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile