Discuss Scratch

• Discussion Forums
  • » Suggestions
  • » A New Perspective Effect Block -- Not 3D Scratch! A lot simpler... 17 full and semi-supporters, and counting! [RSS Feed]
walkcycle
Scratcher
500+ posts

A New Perspective Effect Block -- Not 3D Scratch! A lot simpler... 17 full and semi-supporters, and counting!

JDScratch7 wrote:

Oh, Scratch Team, if you're there, please could you give me your format for code for fisheye effect, so I could try and replicate it for perspective? Thanks. No problem if you can't.

It should be on github, both for the old (2.0) and new (3.0) version.
Gabriel2900
Scratcher
100+ posts

A New Perspective Effect Block -- Not 3D Scratch! A lot simpler... 17 full and semi-supporters, and counting!

i think thats good
semi-support cause we have workarounds?
JDScratch7
Scratcher
100+ posts

adriel001 wrote:

JDScratch7 wrote:

Ok. Thanks so much for reading this. Firstly, I want to say that this is not, repeat not a confusing way of creating 3D scratch. Now, on with the new block…

I plan for the block to look like this:

set [perspective v] effect to (0) with viewpoint at X:(0) Y:(0) :: looks

All this will do is it will make the part of a sprite closest to the viewpoint largest, and vice versa. This could make an easy background with a slight 3D effect, as in many games.

<["Confusing to new Scratchers"] = [Bad argument]>
as < [Lots of things] are [Confusing to new Scratchers] :: motion> and < [This idea] is [significantly less complicated than others] :: motion> :: sound
There are many functions, like procedures, mathematical functions, messages, logic, etc. which would be just as confusing…

This could greatly improve my, and many others' projects, such as one of mine: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/154658871/

Thank you for reading. I hope you will support me, but in the meantime, SCRATCH ON!!

JDScratch7

————————————————–

Oh, Scratch Team, if you're there, please could you give me your format for code for fisheye effect, so I could try and replicate it for perspective? Thanks. No problem if you can't.

you are the best for making this suggestion!
Thanks so much!!!!!!
JDScratch7
Scratcher
100+ posts

Gabriel2900 wrote:

i think thats good
semi-support cause we have workarounds?
Cool, but do we have workarounds? Only graphical effects could work, but none of them do –fisheye effect is only close.
JDScratch7
Scratcher
100+ posts

walkcycle wrote:

JDScratch7 wrote:

It should be on github, both for the old (2.0) and new (3.0) version.
OK! Semi-Support?
DeleteThisAcount
Scratcher
1000+ posts

sounds cool and all but i dont think scratch 2 could handle this. youll have to scratch on for a long time till Scratch 3

• Discussion Forums
  • » Suggestions
  • » A New Perspective Effect Block -- Not 3D Scratch! A lot simpler... 17 full and semi-supporters, and counting! [RSS Feed]