Discuss Scratch

Blaze349
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MAKE THE STAGE BIGGER

Scratch should make the stage bigger and add a screen mask option so the game can actually scroll
PreoKid
Scratcher
100+ posts

MAKE THE STAGE BIGGER

Ah, but that would take all the fun out of it.

Such a feature, in all seriousness, is not likely to be implemented, as such a feature would take quite a remodel on the scratch team's part, and might be confusing for newer users.

All the same, thanks for contributing! And please note that I have no authority on the subject. This is just my guess as to whether or not it's likely to happen.

PK Games
- - - - -
“Life is a roller coaster. At some point you're going to throw up.”
New to Scratch? : Like clicking links?
Blaze349
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MAKE THE STAGE BIGGER

PreoKid wrote:

Ah, but that would take all the fun out of it.

Such a feature, in all seriousness, is not likely to be implemented, as such a feature would take quite a remodel on the scratch team's part, and might be confusing for newer users.

All the same, thanks for contributing! And please note that I have no authority on the subject. This is just my guess as to whether or not it's likely to happen.

Why does o one like my suggestions first3d now this
PhirripSyrrip
Scratcher
500+ posts

MAKE THE STAGE BIGGER

I doubt they'll make the stage bigger, it might mess up projects if you try to remix old projects, but I'm sure they could do something about that…

Anyway, I like the current 480x360, it's easy to remember and nicely divisible.

; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;You thought I'd get away from you, didn't you?!
turkey3_test
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MAKE THE STAGE BIGGER

Isn't that what full screen mode is for, though? However, a larger stage would actually make the resolution grid larger, which differs from full screen. Somewhat support and not.nit would also lag more.

Blaze349
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MAKE THE STAGE BIGGER

PhirripSyrrip wrote:

I doubt they'll make the stage bigger, it might mess up projects if you try to remix old projects, but I'm sure they could do something about that…

Anyway, I like the current 480x360, it's easy to remember and nicely divisible.

What I mean is that the person could change the background size or use a screen mask
Blaze349
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MAKE THE STAGE BIGGER

turkey3_test wrote:

Isn't that what full screen mode is for, though? However, a larger stage would actually make the resolution grid larger, which differs from full screen. Somewhat support and not.nit would also lag more.

Gamefroot 's Stage is massive but they have no lag
No one try gamefroot they do all the programming for you
AonymousGuy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MAKE THE STAGE BIGGER

This has already been suggested here.
jh1234l
Scratcher
100+ posts

MAKE THE STAGE BIGGER

Blaze349 wrote:

Scratch should make the stage bigger and add a screen mask option so the game can actually scroll

Make the stage bigger: If it is an option, maybe. However, if it is for all projects, no, because it can break projects (the spites are the same size, but the stage is bigger).

A screen mask is unnecessary. You can program scrolling yourself, and use a simple script to make sprites that are outside of the screen hide.

Two Advertising and sharing groups:
Scratch Cat's Hideout: Home Page / Advertise! / Members / Write A Review / Read A Review / FAQs
Scratching fame:

Blaze349
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MAKE THE STAGE BIGGER

jh1234l wrote:

Blaze349 wrote:

Make the stage bigger: If it is an option, maybe. However, if it is for all projects, no, because it can break projects (the spites are the same size, but the stage is bigger).

A screen mask is unnecessary. You can program scrolling yourself, and use a simple script to make sprites that are outside of the screen hide.

what if your making an RPg with a massive background also the sprites won't break if there's a screen mask of let's
say[480 *360
Blaze349
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MAKE THE STAGE BIGGER

how about you can choose your stage size
frodewin
Scratcher
500+ posts

MAKE THE STAGE BIGGER

Blaze349 wrote:

how about you can choose your stage size

This has been already suggested here.
But I think it would be good extension (if existing projects do not get messed up), thank you for your suggestion, Blaze349!

You can also find my best projects here or stop at my profile and say hi!
Doyousketch2
Scratcher
93 posts

MAKE THE STAGE BIGGER

Blaze349 wrote:

Scratch should make the stage bigger…
It's do-able. I tweaked the source code and created a 640 x 480 stage.

Here's an unofficial working prototype - 640x480 - The Big Scratch

Just open the Scratch.swf in your browser to try it out.

The only thing is, “Load Project” only loads projects in the same directory as the Scratch.swf file.
It's a security thing - http://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/40220

So if you have a project you want to open:

Save the Scratch.swf file into the same folder as your .sb or .sb2 files,
then load Scratch.swf in your browser from there.

Here's the source if anyone's interested - https://github.com/doyousketch2/scratch-flash/tree/640x480

Last edited by Doyousketch2 (July 1, 2014 17:59:07)

Often scribble in MyPaint, or sculpt Blender 3D scenes on a Wacom tablet, while listening to SoundCloud.