Discuss Scratch

awesome5185
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Script Editor Layers | A Must Have | Near 100% Support!

bump

Regards,
awesome5185

Featured Studio!
Ask Ouija!
Ask a question and get your answers one. letter. at. a. time. Join now!

; Santa Claus and Mrs Claus wanted to get a devorce. However, being in the north pole, there was no one there to help them do that. So they used a semi colon instead; they are great for seperating two independent clauses.
Botcho_Otkho
Scratcher
1000+ posts

It's a cool suggestion,but I can't understand how this would help when you mess up a script.

I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are. - Mewtwo
Garamol56
Scratcher
100+ posts

Support!

Current Posts: 266
Code to find my posts: Z2FyYW1vbDU2
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere - Albert Einstein
awesome5185
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Botcho_Otkho wrote:

It's a cool suggestion,but I can't understand how this would help when you mess up a script.

It's so you don't accidently drag a script into the wrong place (eg: into another script or the trash)

Regards,
awesome5185

Featured Studio!
Ask Ouija!

; Santa Claus and Mrs Claus wanted to get a devorce. However, being in the north pole, there was no one there to help them do that. So they used a semi colon instead; they are great for seperating two independent clauses.
Botcho_Otkho
Scratcher
1000+ posts

awesome5185 wrote:

Botcho_Otkho wrote:

It's so you don't accidently drag a script into the wrong place (eg: into another script or the trash)
Oh, I understand. Support for the reasons you said in the OP.

Last edited by Botcho_Otkho (March 5, 2018 13:08:20)

I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are. - Mewtwo
YubNubEwok
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Total support!
This will be super helpful for when working on large projects.

Hello! I'mYubNubEwok!
YubNubEwok | Star Wars Nerd | Marvel Fan | Hunger Games Fan | #1 Wisconsin cheese Fan | Female | Christian | Webkinz user/collector | 2000+ posts | Philippians 4:13, Colossians 3:23 |
-Stuff to check out-
TheJediMasters
Ⓒⓡⓔⓐⓣⓘⓥⓔ Bᴜᴍᴘs
Right now I challenge you to: go to my profile, follow me, and check out my featured project (it's important!)

;
awesome5185
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Botcho_Otkho wrote:

awesome5185 wrote:

Botcho_Otkho wrote:

Oh, I understand. Support for the reasons you said in the OP.
Cool! This is totally not a bump

Regards,
awesome5185

Featured Studio!
Ask Ouija!

Inkulumo
Scratcher
500+ posts

No support, this is really easy to workaround by just duplicating the sprite or the script you are working on and then testing them individually. I can see the use in this, but it's just way too easy to do without.
mrbumppo
Scratcher
500+ posts

Support.

mrbumppo
The Internet is a weird place, so don't question it.

YubNubEwok
Scratcher
1000+ posts

mrbumppo wrote:

Support.
Why do you support?

Hello! I'mYubNubEwok!
YubNubEwok | Star Wars Nerd | Marvel Fan | Hunger Games Fan | #1 Wisconsin cheese Fan | Female | Christian | Webkinz user/collector | 2000+ posts | Philippians 4:13, Colossians 3:23 |
-Stuff to check out-
TheJediMasters
Ⓒⓡⓔⓐⓣⓘⓥⓔ Bᴜᴍᴘs
Right now I challenge you to: go to my profile, follow me, and check out my featured project (it's important!)

;
hellounicorns2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Support because I always mess up and drag a piece of code into the wrong script, if I could move it to another ‘layer’ I wouldn’t have to worry about that, it would also be useful if I have a work in progress part of a game that gets in the road if you had to ‘disable code’ option

inactive :​)
awesome5185
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Inkulumo wrote:

No support, this is really easy to workaround by just duplicating the sprite or the script you are working on and then testing them individually. I can see the use in this, but it's just way too easy to do without.

What? I think you should re-read OP.

Regards,
awesome5185

Featured Studio!
Ask Ouija!

awesome5185
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump once again.

Regards,
awesome5185

Featured Studio!
Ask Ouija!

awesome5185
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I summon this thread back from the grave

Regards,
awesome5185

Featured Studio!
Ask Ouija!

awesome5185
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump?

Regards,
awesome5185

Featured Studio!
Ask Ouija!

CKCG
Scratcher
100+ posts

Support!
I think this a brilliant idea, and would totally help with organization!

I'm no longer active on these forums.
TheAdriCoolManDude
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Support, it is easier to fix scripts, and add new blocks in misplaced places using Script Editor Layers, especially if you have a lot of scripts.

IIGunnerII
Scratcher
32 posts

block ideas!
broadcast [ v] in layer (1 v) ::stack events // It targets the layer with a local broadcast there, useful for games or something (but still useful) no use in current layer
broadcast [ v] in layer (1 v) and wait ::stack events // broadcast and wait of layers basically
stop [other layers in sprite v] ::stack // stops other layers in sprite
stop [all layers except current v] ::stack // stops other layers
stop [current layer v] // stops the layer. acts like a stop all to the layer
ALSO 150% support, very useful! So many creative opportunities!

Click Here –>ScratchTeam<– Click Here
(Deleted)
Search lRGUNNERIIIIIGG—–SCRATCH if you want to find my posts (well kinda)
awesome5185
Scratcher
1000+ posts

IIGunnerII wrote:

block ideas!
broadcast [ v] in layer (1 v) ::stack events // It targets the layer with a local broadcast there, useful for games or something (but still useful) no use in current layer
broadcast [ v] in layer (1 v) and wait ::stack events // broadcast and wait of layers basically
stop [other layers in sprite v] ::stack // stops other layers in sprite
stop [all layers except current v] ::stack // stops other layers
stop [current layer v] // stops the layer. acts like a stop all to the layer
ALSO 150% support, very useful! So many creative opportunities!

I know I'm responding to a old comment but: I agree with the stop layers block, it seems like it'd be really useful but the broadcast blocks seem a little unnesscary.

Regards,
awesome5185

Featured Studio!
Ask Ouija!

RentedLlama15
Scratcher
5 posts

It's a great idea, but i think it would lag a lot.