DonutyBuffalo
Scratcher
100+ posts

Pokemon Iron Version!

bevane wrote:

DonutyBuffalo wrote:

DonutyBuffalo wrote:

To: Bevane, Aliegent and BearJedi
Hi, You have been the most helpful people in this collab so far that I have decided the elite four/gym leader can be you!
So, If you wanna be a gym leader/elite four just reply to this!
Also, you can choose gym leader or elite four but you CAN'T be both!
(I will be one of the elite four btw)
You can also use your scratch name or a fake name that you just like
I'll be Gym Leader. (maybe one of the final ones) Name should be just Bevan and can I be a water gym leader?
ok!

Allegiance
Scratcher
100+ posts

Pokemon Iron Version!

DonutyBuffalo wrote:

DonutyBuffalo wrote:

Hi, You have been the most helpful people in this collab so far that I have decided the elite four/gym leader can be you!
Can I be an elite four member, can I be the last one to face as well? If so, I would be called Caleo (I think that's fire or ember in latin) and I would be a fire type elite four member!

DonutyBuffalo
Scratcher
100+ posts

Pokemon Iron Version!

Allegiance wrote:

DonutyBuffalo wrote:

DonutyBuffalo wrote:

Can I be an elite four member, can I be the last one to face as well? If so, I would be called Caleo (I think that's fire or ember in latin) and I would be a fire type elite four member!
Ok! You can design the way you want to look too!

DonutyBuffalo
Scratcher
100+ posts

Pokemon Iron Version!

DonutyBuffalo wrote:

bevane wrote:

DonutyBuffalo wrote:

DonutyBuffalo wrote:

I'll be Gym Leader. (maybe one of the final ones) Name should be just Bevan and can I be a water gym leader?
ok!
BTW you can design the way you will look in the game! (This will be concept art,)

hairyflump
Scratcher
17 posts

Pokemon Iron Version!

Username: Hairyflump
Scratch rank: Scratcher
Examples of work I haven't written a script for a Pokemon game before.
Job Coder or Artist
Do you like cows: Yes. Love em
Are you following this topic: Yes.
Bearjedi
Scratcher
98 posts

Pokemon Iron Version!

bevane wrote:

Allegiance wrote:

bevane wrote:

Allegiance wrote:

bevane wrote:

DonutyBuffalo wrote:

bevane wrote:

DonutyBuffalo wrote:

So, should we have mega evolution/Z moves in the game?

Yes!!!!!!!!
So, do you chose Z moves or mega evolution (I don't think we can have both)
Mega Evolution is better but only on the starter Pokémon and a few others just to make it harder. Also we should make it that you have to use a evolution stone to get mega evolutions.
I have an idea, don't use Z moves or mega evolution. Think of something of your own. If it's unique, it can get more views, just my input
Okay.
Hmm, so what should we use in the game?
I'm thinking of uhh nothing
Maybe EM's they are versions of moves that are evolved/better that can be put on a Pokémon of that moves type. EM stands for evolved move
No. They would be overpowered. Flamethrower has like 90 power.

DonutyBuffalo
Scratcher
100+ posts

Pokemon Iron Version!

Bearjedi wrote:

bevane wrote:

Allegiance wrote:

bevane wrote:

Allegiance wrote:

bevane wrote:

DonutyBuffalo wrote:

bevane wrote:

DonutyBuffalo wrote:

So, should we have mega evolution/Z moves in the game?

Yes!!!!!!!!
So, do you chose Z moves or mega evolution (I don't think we can have both)
Mega Evolution is better but only on the starter Pokémon and a few others just to make it harder. Also we should make it that you have to use a evolution stone to get mega evolutions.
I have an idea, don't use Z moves or mega evolution. Think of something of your own. If it's unique, it can get more views, just my input
Okay.
Hmm, so what should we use in the game?
I'm thinking of uhh nothing
Maybe EM's they are versions of moves that are evolved/better that can be put on a Pokémon of that moves type. EM stands for evolved move
No. They would be overpowered. Flamethrower has like 90 power.
I'm thinking only certain moves would get EMs

Bearjedi
Scratcher
98 posts

Pokemon Iron Version!

Evolved moves sound like a pain. It's already hard enough to get a fully-EV trained Pokemon with the right nature, moves, etc. Evolved moves would just add to the stress.

We could just stick with Mega evolution. Z-Moves would most likely cause lag and take way too much time.

Oh btw, can I start making a Pokedex for the region?

Bearjedi
Scratcher
98 posts

Pokemon Iron Version!

DonutyBuffalo wrote:

I wanna be Elite Four. My team will be focused around Dragon-types.
Hydreigon
Salamence
Kommo-o
Dragonite
Tyranitar
Goodra

Last edited by Bearjedi (Dec. 23, 2016 23:20:01)

imarandy
Scratcher
54 posts

Pokemon Iron Version!

Scratch rank:Scratcher (On 2 Accounts)
Examples of work (atleast two): My Pokemon engine(Not Finished but playable) Glitcher (Uses a cool mechanic being the flag is a actual button) The Glitcher is just a concept. For these check out my page if you want to see my quickly made check out my account NoSalt
Wanted Job:Coder
Do you like cows: Yep I have a cow pillow lol
Are you following this topic: Yes
Why I want to join: I added this myself but I wanted to say stuff. I have been working on my Pokemon engine for quite sometime and I would like to be part of a team. The hard part about making a Pokemon game is not adding the Pokemon or adding moves its making these things expandable. This is why my engine is pretty good because its fully expandable and I would like to bring the stuff I learned from that to this project. Another hard thing I realized while making the engine is it is very hard to reduce sprites and costumes. So I want to join because I want to be in a team and share my Pokemon knowledge and knowledge of scratch.

Last edited by imarandy (Dec. 24, 2016 00:57:01)

DonutyBuffalo
Scratcher
100+ posts

Pokemon Iron Version!

imarandy wrote:

Examples of work (atleast two): My Pokemon engine(Not Finished but playable) Glitcher (Uses a cool mechanic being the flag is a actual button) The Glitcher is just a concept. For these check out my page if you want to see my quickly made check out my account NoSalt
Why I want to join: I added this myself but I wanted to say stuff. I have been working on my Pokemon engine for quite sometime and I would like to be part of a team. The hard part about making a Pokemon game is not adding the Pokemon or adding moves its making these things expandable. This is why my engine is pretty good because its fully expandable and I would like to bring the stuff I learned from that to this project. Another hard thing I realized while making the engine is it is very hard to reduce sprites and costumes. So I want to join because I want to be in a team and share my Pokemon knowledge and knowledge of scratch.
Hired! The pokemon engine was great!

imarandy
Scratcher
54 posts

Pokemon Iron Version!

DonutyBuffalo wrote:

imarandy wrote:

Thanks so what do I do now?
DonutyBuffalo
Scratcher
100+ posts

Pokemon Iron Version!

imarandy wrote:

DonutyBuffalo wrote:

imarandy wrote:

Um… Well, You could give some feedback on the EM/Z Moves/Mega evolution debate

Last edited by DonutyBuffalo (Dec. 24, 2016 01:12:27)

imarandy
Scratcher
54 posts

Pokemon Iron Version!

DonutyBuffalo wrote:

imarandy wrote:

DonutyBuffalo wrote:

imarandy wrote:

Um… Well, You could give some feedback on the EM/Z Moves/Mega evolution debate
Ok well megas would be a harder thing to add then zmoves because the zmove code would literally be when the flag is click set variable z move to 0 then in the damage formula you'd + or * z move to base power of move then there would be a z move sprite that says when sprite clicked set variable z move to say 90 if adding or 2 if multiplying.
But megas would be harder but you would replace the item of list that your pokemon is with a Mega of that pokemon the switch it back after battle is over.
The code for both would be pretty long and there is a different way to do z moves using a z move list. But overall they would both be possible. But I think Megas because it would take less sprites
imarandy
Scratcher
54 posts

Pokemon Iron Version!

Also do I get added to the studio?
Bearjedi
Scratcher
98 posts

Pokemon Iron Version!

Can I start working on the starter town?

DonutyBuffalo
Scratcher
100+ posts

Pokemon Iron Version!

Ok, BearJedi you can get started on the starter town! Note: The art you use is subject to change

Also, I would like to not make a decision on the Mega/Z/EM debate just yet! I want the Mega/Z/Em/whatever thing to be unique, so keep coming up with ideas!

Bearjedi
Scratcher
98 posts

Pokemon Iron Version!

I have an idea for the game's intro
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/137835868/

Allegiance
Scratcher
100+ posts

Pokemon Iron Version!

Ok, here's my input on the mega/z/em debate
Em moves and Z moves are just hard to programme and like Bear said, can be overpowered
As for mega evolution, I think that's just too old,
For me, don't use any of those, just think of something else