Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bootleg Video Games: The Topic

When I was looking at Taiko No Tatsujin plushies, this weird Kat came up:

WHERE'S HIS LEGS?
WHY IS HE ORANGE?
WHERE'S DON?

I have so many questions.

IMPORTANT: do not stalk me. just because im active somewhere doesnt mean that you should stalk me to that place. please, its VERY annoying.
Viiceroy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

KidoftheEnder45 wrote:

owlannaelsa wrote:

Miku being sat on by a bouncing note?
Wait, seriously?
i really doubt it

owlannaelsa
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ice Man (bootleg Plants vs Zombies) photos:

These were taken via my phone.

IMPORTANT: do not stalk me. just because im active somewhere doesnt mean that you should stalk me to that place. please, its VERY annoying.
dude341
Scratcher
1000+ posts

owlannaelsa wrote:

Ice Man (bootleg Plants vs Zombies) photos:
snip
These were taken via my phone.
That would have been a good idea for a Plants vs Zombies game though, PopCap should have made it (of course it wouldn't look as bootleg) and called it “Plants vs Zombies: Ice Pea Madness” or something

Placeholder
DrDude9
Scratcher
500+ posts

At Easter, I got a Sega Genesis portable. I downloaded some “roms” on an SD card to play on it. I wanted the original NES Super Mario Bros. Genesis version, so I downloaded this rom called “Super Mario Bros.”. It sounded like the original, but when I started it up, it was this weird…16-bit SNES-Like…Thing…That had Mario and Luigi! It was weird, cause first, it says Super Mario World, then it said Super Mario Bros.! So I'm like: “Which is it?!” When I got into the game it was strange, Mario's jumping sometimes caused him to go through things, his walk animation was like 2 frames, and there was boxes everywhere you can throw?! It was so weird and I couldn't even figure out how to beat Bowser!! Here are some pictures from the game:

I'm making a new game called Super Luigi RPG! There are plenty of jobs for anyone to do to help the game! The topic is here and the studio is here.

nickeljorn
Scratcher
1000+ posts

One time for Hanukkah my mom got my younger brother something called a “Go Gamer Portable” and I on the back I saw some characters from Pokemon Platinum…

This is a picture of the back of the box, look in the bottom left corner

"Just what is the Summer Solstice, besides the day I melt into a puddle of fuzzy puppy fluff?”-Isabelle, Animal Crossing New Leaf
owlannaelsa
Scratcher
1000+ posts

nickeljorn wrote:

One time for Hanukkah my mom got my younger brother something called a “Go Gamer Portable” and I on the back I saw some characters from Pokemon Platinum…

I see a lot of Baby Hazel/Chocolatory-esque anime kids games……….

Last edited by owlannaelsa (April 7, 2018 21:51:43)

scratcherjack9000
Scratcher
1000+ posts

KidoftheEnder45 wrote:

owlannaelsa wrote:

Wait, seriously?
no, that's just some spam
KidoftheEnder45
Scratcher
1000+ posts

scratcherjack9000 wrote:

KidoftheEnder45 wrote:

owlannaelsa wrote:

Wait, seriously?
no, that's just some spam
ancient egypt

oldnickfan2005
Scratcher
100+ posts

nickeljorn wrote:

I SEE SO MANY BOOTLEG GAMES

KidoftheEnder45 wrote:

ancient egypt
what does that have to do with anything

if you are from any of the Bootleg topics, click here to access the directory.
Dabzers
Scratcher
1000+ posts

oldnickfan2005 wrote:

KidoftheEnder45 wrote:

ancient egypt
what does that have to do with anything
i Think thats kinda the point

inactive

yay october
dude341
Scratcher
1000+ posts

DrDude9 wrote:

At Easter, I got a Sega Genesis portable. I downloaded some “roms” on an SD card to play on it. I wanted the original NES Super Mario Bros. Genesis version, so I downloaded this rom called “Super Mario Bros.”. It sounded like the original, but when I started it up, it was this weird…16-bit SNES-Like…Thing…That had Mario and Luigi! It was weird, cause first, it says Super Mario World, then it said Super Mario Bros.! So I'm like: “Which is it?!” When I got into the game it was strange, Mario's jumping sometimes caused him to go through things, his walk animation was like 2 frames, and there was boxes everywhere you can throw?! It was so weird and I couldn't even figure out how to beat Bowser!! Here are some pictures from the game:
You got the bootleg “New Super Mario World”, which was made to trick people living in poor countries that it was New Super Mario Bros. There is another, fan-made port of the NES game for Megadrive (genesis), which is what you are looking for. There is also a port which is actually a bootleg of the All-Star Super Mario 1, which isn't very good, so watch out for that.
Congratulations on getting a Sega Portable though, was it the version with good sound or the slightly off but tolerable version?

Last edited by dude341 (April 7, 2018 23:49:20)

Placeholder
DrDude9
Scratcher
500+ posts

dude341 wrote:

DrDude9 wrote:

You got the bootleg “New Super Mario World”, which was made to trick people living in poor countries that it was New Super Mario Bros. There is another, fan-made port of the NES game for Megadrive (genesis), which is what you are looking for. There is also a port which is actually a bootleg of the All-Star Super Mario 1, which isn't very good, so watch out for that.
Congratulations on getting a Sega Portable though, was it the version with good sound or the slightly off but tolerable version?
I already found the original NES port. And what do you mean by “slightly off but tolerable”? Do you mean GBA-like crackling noises occasionally or lower pitched music and sounds?

Last edited by DrDude9 (April 8, 2018 00:19:38)

I'm making a new game called Super Luigi RPG! There are plenty of jobs for anyone to do to help the game! The topic is here and the studio is here.

treeman99
Scratcher
20 posts

I have a few bootlegs. lion king genesis, 7 grand dad, pac-boy, Mario 11, super Mario bros 2 (the original ssb2 game made by Nintendo was their first ever bootleg.)

I cant think of them all but trust me they are a lot

when green flag clicked
forever
play sound [scream v]
end

goodbye for now

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=dabbing+emoji&id=F62EF3C246535D4D49AE4EDBA202841E880B7025&FORM=IQFRBA
dude341
Scratcher
1000+ posts

DrDude9 wrote:

dude341 wrote:

DrDude9 wrote:

I already found the original NES port. And what do you mean by “slightly off but tolerable”? Do you mean GBA-like crackling noises occasionally or lower pitched music and sounds?
The lower pitched sounds. My portable Sega does that, but I don't mind, I think Lava Reef Act 1 in Sonic and Knuckles sounds better that way

Placeholder
dude341
Scratcher
1000+ posts

treeman99 wrote:

I have a few bootlegs. lion king genesis, 7 grand dad, pac-boy, Mario 11, super Mario bros 2 (the original ssb2 game made by Nintendo was their first ever bootleg.)

I cant think of them all but trust me they are a lot

when green flag clicked
forever
play sound [scream v]
end

goodbye for now

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=dabbing+emoji&id=F62EF3C246535D4D49AE4EDBA202841E880B7025&FORM=IQFRBA
Mario 2 was licenced. They were allowed to remix Doki Doki Panic (Nintendo developed Doki Doki Panic in the first place, but the characters were from a cartoon or something and was a game about them, so Mario 2 is a licence game of a licence game ) Nintendo would have been in big trouble if they bootlegged anything, considering they were (and still are) well known.

Last edited by dude341 (April 8, 2018 00:44:52)

Placeholder
DrDude9
Scratcher
500+ posts

dude341 wrote:

DrDude9 wrote:

dude341 wrote:

DrDude9 wrote:

The lower pitched sounds. My portable Sega does that, but I don't mind, I think Lava Reef Act 1 in Sonic and Knuckles sounds better that way
Oh, is the original 90's model Genesis like that? And did your portable come with Pac-Panic? Mine did.

Last edited by DrDude9 (April 8, 2018 11:16:27)

nickeljorn
Scratcher
1000+ posts

oldnickfan2005 wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

I SEE SO MANY BOOTLEG GAMES

I know right?
Wait, were did you find that fancy font?

"Just what is the Summer Solstice, besides the day I melt into a puddle of fuzzy puppy fluff?”-Isabelle, Animal Crossing New Leaf
dude341
Scratcher
1000+ posts

DrDude9 wrote:

Oh, is the original 90's model Genesis like that? And did your portable come with Pac-Panic? Mine did.
The original Mega Drive/Genesis wasn't like that, I don't think mine came with Pac-Panic.

Placeholder
DrDude9
Scratcher
500+ posts

dude341 wrote:

DrDude9 wrote:

The original Mega Drive/Genesis wasn't like that, I don't think mine came with Pac-Panic.
Oh, good to know.